What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 7 has had changes to the core and directories. Older packages may be targeting only that specific older directory, so your package will have no effect. Check the initial post for a link to a Google spreadsheet that includes a brief list of packages that work on iOS 7 categorized between iPhone, iPad and ARM64 support

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Users that were/are still experiencing trouble with Evasi0n 1.0.2 beta, try the new 1.0.3.

EDIT 01.12.14: Winterboard has updated for iOS 7 and ARM64 support. iOS 7 themes that are working on pre-A7 devices will now work on A7 devices as well. However, not all iOS 6 themes will be carried over. In some cases, widgets call on an older API from iOS 6, which does not work on iOS 7. Icons and UI changes will most likely be re-usable on iOS 7, but some aspects may or may not.

Last edited:

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I see beta 1.0.4. Do the new betas fix config. system 2/2 hang? Also I see IOS 7.1 beta. Is IOS 7.1 round the corner? Safe to wait?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! I see beta 1.0.4. Do the new betas fix config. system 2/2 hang? Also I see IOS 7.1 beta. Is IOS 7.1 round the corner? Safe to wait?

Yes, there is now a 1.0.4 version of the evasi0n7 jail break tool. The new version is a security fix for those jail breaking with this tool.

If you jail broke with any earlier version of the tool, go to Cydia and install the update to "evasi0n 7 Untether." This will fix security issues on your already jail broken iDevice - and no, you won't have to re-jail break as this update applies the patch to those already jail broken.

The first post has been updated to reflect this - but please, run the update!

And yes, iOS 7.1 is around the corner. No one knows when it will drop. So far, all the beta versions of 7.1 have been jail breakable but this does not mean it won't be in the final iOS version.

For now, iOS 7.0.4 is the official Apple released version and it is jail breakable.

Marilyn

Buddhaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some compelling reasons to jailbreak. I jailbroke iOS6 and apart from a few cosmetic tweaks, didn't find it that amazing to have a jail broken iPad. Was I missing something? Now that iOS 7 has the control panel, it feels that I don't really have a good reason to jailbreak apart from the get F.lux which I found very useful when I was able to jail beak before, but I've also heard that jail breaking leaves your iPad more vulnerable to security attacks.

Is there a compelling reason to jailbreak?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some compelling reasons to jailbreak. I jailbroke iOS6 and apart from a few cosmetic tweaks, didn't find it that amazing to have a jail broken iPad. Was I missing something? Now that iOS 7 has the control panel, it feels that I don't really have a good reason to jailbreak apart from the get F.lux which I found very useful when I was able to jail beak before, but I've also heard that jail breaking leaves your iPad more vulnerable to security attacks.

Is there a compelling reason to jailbreak?

There is no one compelling reason to jail break. Everyone is different and makes their own decision on whether to jail break or not.

I, personally, jail break my iPad because of f.lux, SwipeSelection and iKeywi. As you know, f.lux "warms" up the screen at night so you aren't confronted with the blueness of the light. SwipeSelection allows you to swipe the keyboard to move the cursor versus having to use the magnifier tool. And iKeywi allows you a fifth row so I put my most oft-used characters right on the main keyboard (it's not updated for iOS 7 yet ... I'm anxiously waiting). With these three, the last two, especially, typing on the iPad is so much easier.

As I said, no one can convince anyone to jail break if they don't want to. I just wanted to point out my favorites! :)

If you are interested in jail breaking, have a look at this Ultimate tweaks thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824. It lists the most popular and we'll-liked tweaks of those on this forum.

And no, being jail broken leaves your iPad no more susceptible to security attacks than a stock iPad. Yes, if you install remote access tweaks, you must change the iPad's default password (cause everyone knows it), but that is easy enough. If you don't install such tweaks, your iPad is a safe as a stock one. Of course, safe internet browsing applies to both, so one must always be careful there.

Good luck making a decision and happy researching.

Marilyn

Buddhaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Marilyn, Firstly, thank you for all your contributions and kind advice to us noobs! You and willerz2 are absolute stars.

Thanks for your personal fav tweak list and for the thread, I'll check it out. I'm away at the moment until the end of the week so I hope that 7.1 doesn't drop soon as I won't even have the option to jailbreak!

Thanks again :) x

Last edited:

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke my iPad for:
- iconlock
- multiiconmover
- applocker
- protube
And a few more that I forgot. I do not use anything that change the look and feel of the iPad. I have 2 little kids playing with my iPads so I need the ability to lock access to certain apps (mint, email, banking, shopping, ebay).

Right now for ios7, I hate the way folders are shown - as tiny windows. I am waiting for folder enhancer to be updated. I like the old windows look with folder enhancer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I jailbroke my iPad for:
- iconlock
- multiiconmover
- applocker
- protube
And a few more that I forgot. I do not use anything that change the look and feel of the iPad. I have 2 little kids playing with my iPads so I need the ability to lock access to certain apps (mint, email, banking, shopping, ebay).

Right now for ios7, I hate the way folders are shown - as tiny windows. I am waiting for folder enhancer to be updated. I like the old windows look with folder enhancer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lockdown Lite/Pro may be what you're looking for to keep the kids away from sensitive apps.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yes, there is now a 1.0.4 version of the evasi0n7 jail break tool. The new version is a security fix for those jail breaking with this tool. If you jail broke with any earlier version of the tool, go to Cydia and install the update to "evasi0n 7 Untether." This will fix security issues on your already jail broken iDevice - and no, you won't have to re-jail break as this update applies the patch to those already jail broken. The first post has been updated to reflect this - but please, run the update! And yes, iOS 7.1 is around the corner. No one knows when it will drop. So far, all the beta versions of 7.1 have been jail breakable but this does not mean it won't be in the final iOS version. For now, iOS 7.0.4 is the official Apple released version and it is jail breakable. Marilyn

How do you update evasion 7 untether from cydia?

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no one compelling reason to jail break. Everyone is different and makes their own decision on whether to jail break or not. I, personally, jail break my iPad because of f.lux, SwipeSelection and iKeywi. As you know, f.lux "warms" up the screen at night so you aren't confronted with the blueness of the light. SwipeSelection allows you to swipe the keyboard to move the cursor versus having to use the magnifier tool. And iKeywi allows you a fifth row so I put my most oft-used characters right on the main keyboard (it's not updated for iOS 7 yet ... I'm anxiously waiting). With these three, the last two, especially, typing on the iPad is so much easier. As I said, no one can convince anyone to jail break if they don't want to. I just wanted to point out my favorites! :) If you are interested in jail breaking, have a look at this Ultimate tweaks thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824. It lists the most popular and we'll-liked tweaks of those on this forum. And no, being jail broken leaves your iPad no more susceptible to security attacks than a stock iPad. Yes, if you install remote access tweaks, you must change the iPad's default password (cause everyone knows it), but that is easy enough. If you don't install such tweaks, your iPad is a safe as a stock one. Of course, safe internet browsing applies to both, so one must always be careful there. Good luck making a decision and happy researching. Marilyn

Can you give me an example of an remote access tweak? I am not sure what you mean by that.
Thanks for the tip.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kidneyshot said:
Go to cydia, below you will see "updates" , tab on it and you will see the update for evasion. Install it.

I cant see any section "updates". Here is a screenshot -

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Attachments

• image-2351672762.jpg
    image-2351672762.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 234
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you give me an example of an remote access tweak? I am not sure what you mean by that.
Thanks for the tip.

I mean something like OpenSSH. This allows you to wirelessly access your iPad from your computer using SSH protocols. Once/if you install this tool, you'll need to change the default password because if you don't - anyone on your network could, conceivably, access your iPad. However, changing the password will stop any potential hacking.

And yes, iRuthlessPad, check the Changes tab at the bottom of your iPad. That's where any updates - or new releases - will be. I tend to check there a couple of times a day, especially when a jail break has just been released. Lots of neat and new stuff! :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts