What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so will this mobile substrate thing com out as an update via cydia ? or is it a totally seperate install, thanks for your effort`s above really appreciated, im still kinda lost though ;-( will the moibile sub be an update through cydia ?

Thank you for your help and time.

Al.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried upgrading my iTunes and it just freezes after a while. Can I erase my current iTunes and do a fresh install? Will there be something hidden in the registry that make this not possible?

Also if I do a fresh install, will it mess up my apple id? i.e. like apple think its a hacked account and locks my id.:mad:

I have backed up into icloud as well as made an iTunes backup. The backed up folder on my PC by iTunes have some funny alphanumeric names. So my guess is that if I do a fresh iTunes install, there is no way i can get the upgraded iTunes to read these folders. So then my only restore option would be through icloud?

p/s - sorry question is about iTunes, but I want to jailbreak and I need iTunes 11.1 for IOS 7.0.4 :p.

Yes you can uninstall and replace it with a fresh copy. Your AppleID is server sided, so changing iTunes versions will not affect it. Backups can be restored as long as the version of iTunes supports that iOS. The latest version of iTunes is compatible with all iOS, so there's no trouble restoring or managing your data on a fresh installation of iTunes.

so will this mobile substrate thing com out as an update via cydia ? or is it a totally seperate install, thanks for your effort`s above really appreciated, im still kinda lost though ;-( will the moibile sub be an update through cydia ?

Thank you for your help and time.

Al.

MobileSubstrate is a software package available only through Cydia. At this point, once your device is jailbroken, everything is done through the device unless you're restoring your device. Cydia updates are done through your device, the evasi0n untether package is updated through Cydia, MobileSubstrate is updated through Cydia, etc

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has the problem with OTA updated devices solved already? My iPad was updated OTA and it got stuck at the Apple logo after the jailbreak. Now I restored the device using the IPSW file, but have the exact same problem after running the jailbreak....

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has the problem with OTA updated devices solved already? My iPad was updated OTA and it got stuck at the Apple logo after the jailbreak. Now I restored the device using the IPSW file, but have the exact same problem after running the jailbreak....

It's more than likely not an issue that the jailbreak can patch itself. It's more aimed towards directory and indexing issues from an OTA update, particularly one as radical as the upgrades presented with iOS 7. If the utility is still not working, try either the latter version. If neither works, you'd have to wait for the next build to be released

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is stuck on Apple logo too. Any help?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I did this, but I'm still stuck on the apple logo. iPad 2 I mean I updated to iOS 7.04, set up as new then JB, but the logo just keep flashing.

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did this, but I'm still stuck on the apple logo. iPad 2 I mean I updated to iOS 7.04, set up as new then JB, but the logo just keep flashing.

Wait for the next Evasi0n7 build

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait for the next Evasi0n7 build

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

But didn't you also say: "Restore in DFU mode, setup as new device, jailbreak, and restore your backup." Maybe I didn't "restore in DFU mode" correctly. I did the power and home buttons, connected to iTunes then set up the iPad as new from the iPad. Should I have clicked the "restore iPad" button from iTunes instead?

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DFU results in a blank screen but iTunes will recognize it in recovery mode. A DFU restore is the same if not better than the regular Restore because you're bypassing any on-board protocols and restoring afresh. Simply clicking Restore or restoring in Recovery Mode can result in iTunes issues. If you have no issues when simply clicking Restore, it's no different than a DFU restore.

If the utility doesn't work, wait for the next build. You can try a different computer or a different OS partition if you have the time and resources to do so.

titot4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
muelgrub: I only wish this thread would have been updated with information that the JB does not currently work on iPad 2. I normally view the trusted info on the site before I proceed with anything and now I'm stuck without a JB on my iPad. I guess that teaches me to look further when a JB is released since the info here is not 100% accurate or updated.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Technically, this thread is as accurate as it gets. Not only should you be looking at this thread, but also at the original website from the developers. There's a clear warning that stats on the bottom that they have reports that the iPad 2 is not working. Reports, not that it's definite, reports. Users have had success on the iPad 2 Wifi models while others have not, so if it doesn't work in your case, it does not equate to it not working at all, much like how 5S users are reporting the utility not working for them, while many others have it working on their own.

Update:

News for the iPad 2 wifi on 7.0.4: we looked at it with @planetbeing. We know what is the issue now, we're working on a clean fix.

Source

Last edited:

AirPlay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evasi0n 1.0.2 pushed for iPad 2 fix. iPad 2 Wifi users go go go.

for a moment tool is not complete for my iPad 2 WIFI+3G, I have some troubles...but I am happy, and thanks on evasi0n about theyr hard work to finish work before New year. Sorry for my bad english.

Kind Regards from Bulgaria

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on JB iPad2

AirPlay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some apps from Cydia not work correctly...another trouble is if case I install any apps...and go on Settings, apps not create shortcut or if case created after Respring device shortcut has gone...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on JB iPad2

Most reactions

Latest posts