What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So basically update to IOS 7.0.4 as this is the most recent IOS ( before IOS7,1 comes out and just wait for cydia to work ) ?

Must the phone / Pad be restored or can I Jailbreak on top of an existing Jailbreak, I.E not lose all stuff on the phone and just use evasion over existing JB ?

Yes, you can update to iOS 7.0.4, jail break it and then wait for Cydia to be updated.

Or, you can just keep an ear on the news. If Apple were to release an update (either 7.1 or 7.0.5), you will have a brief span of time to upgrade to iOS 7.0.4. An update closes the old iOS version, yes. But - it is not instantaneous, so you do have time to complete the upgrade to the newest version.

One thing you can do, should you choose to wait at your current iOS: download the iOS 7.0.4 IPSW file for your particular iPad. In an update, that is what will take the most time as it's a huge file. Keep the IPSW and, when you're ready, it'll be readily available to use.

Just know that the only rush you will be in, once you hear of a new release by Apple, is to get iOS 7.0.4 onto your device. Once you have that iOS loaded, then you can decide when to jail break it. There will be need for a rush...

For example, I've got two siblings with iPhone 4Ss. They are running iOS 6.1.2 and they are still jail broken. However, I have downloaded the iOS 7.0.4 IPSW for them and they are, essentially, on standby. They know that they must drop everything and have me upgrade their phones as soon as a new iOS is dropped. The same goes for my iPad Air and iPhone 5 - I've got the IPSWs and am "standing by."

As for your last part, no, you cannot run a jail break tool over (well, as a general rule). You will need to start with a clean (stock) iOS 7.0.4 before you run the evasi0n7 jail break. Just make a backup prior to the upgrade and you'll be fine.

Marilyn

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For all users currently jailbroken, Cydia 1.1.9 has been pushed out through Cydia itself.

Thanks for the update!

Just a caution to everyone, however: this only means that Cydia (the "store") has been updated to be compatible with iOS 7.

So, while it's a step on the road, Mobile Substrate is not yet updated. So, all my caveats and postings still apply. Hang in there and wait. Jail break if you must but know that nothing still will be updated (or work) without an iOS 7 version of Mobile Substrate.

Marilyn

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a link to this IOS7.0.4 file I can download to windows 7 ? ( Is this the apple official software we are talking about ) ?

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking to do an Ipad 2 model A1396 Wifi and sim card slot so I presume I need the GSM version of 7.0.4 ?

Sorry for being such a noob.

And thanks for your time and help :)

Kind regard.

Al.

Also looking at the IPhone forum the iphone 4 only goes to update 6.1.2 there is no 7.0.4 available, is this correct ? or am I being dumb ?

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking to do an Ipad 2 model A1396 Wifi and sim card slot so I presume I need the GSM version of 7.0.4 ?

Sorry for being such a noob.

And thanks for your time and help :)

Kind regard.

Al.

Also looking at the IPhone forum the iphone 4 only goes to update 6.1.2 there is no 7.0.4 available, is this correct ? or am I being dumb ?

The iPhone 4 is on par with all A5+ devices on 7.0.4 in terms of availability.

The iPad 2 GSM model IPSW is here. The CDMA model does not have a SIM tray on the iPad 2

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up ?

what do you mean by - The iPhone I on par with all A5+ devices on 7.0.4 in terms of availability ?

On the Iphone forum there is no 7.0.4 IOS link it only goes to 6.1.2.

Kind regrads.

Al.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPhoneForum's IPSW links have not been updated... iOS 7 introduces strictly APTickets, no blobs associated with it. Custom IPSW restoration is not possible on any iOS 7.X IPSWs.

nsnrajking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhoneForum's IPSW links have not been updated... iOS 7 introduces strictly APTickets, no blobs associated with it. Custom IPSW restoration is not possible on any iOS 7.X IPSWs.

What do u mean by custom IPSW? Eg: downloading relevant latest IPSW from third party and installing it via iTunes with shift key?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A custom IPSW is an IPSW that's been modified for specific needs. IPSWs are referred to as custom if they are modified to do one of the following

1) Preserve the baseband firmware

2) Stitching SHSH blobs to the IPSW

3) Modifying the build to include a jailbreak (the case of Sn0wBreeze)

Update: Evasi0n7 1.0.1 has been uploaded to fix the iPad 2 Wifi model issues.

Last edited:

nsnrajking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These stitching business u can't do anymore unless you have an older device. It's not the fault of iTunes. I aware one hacker tweeted once like that but I tested it's working even on new iTunes. The tiny umbrella has updated. Easiest way is you can use redsn0w to restore IPSW without need of iTunes :)

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Custom IPSWs are only usable on pre-A5 devices. It's explained in greater detail here. TinyUmbrella's sole purpose at the moment is to cache blobs and APTickets. RedSn0w only works on the older generations of devices, and does not allow for stitching on A5+. You can still restore afresh, but it's not stitching, simply emulating the same restoration process as iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts