What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 beta 3

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not yet as I have older apple tv it took several attempts for the older apple tv to pair with remote on iPad I set up home sharing with Mac book first so all music streamed from played through apple tv and surround system which was cool then switched to apple tv icon on iPad remote and launched movies played previews etc

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2) All of my apps appear to be working with the exception of Early Edition. That app has not worked at all in any version of 4.2, and I miss it.

Early edition works well on mine. iPad wifi only, 16gb, iOs 4.2.2

cgvanand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do you install 4.2 - where do you donwload it. is installation is via itunes.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do you install 4.2 - where do you donwload it. is installation is via itunes.
iOS 4.2 will be made available to the general public some time in November. Steve Jobs did not give a specfic date in his last news conference.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is in place to avoid issues when new users [who] have no idea ...get into trouble ....

:)

I am one of those stupid new users who got himself into trouble with both iOS 4.2 Beta 2 and limera1n.

But from what I saw of 4.2 when I was using it, I won't need a jailbreak after its release, and I'm happy waiting for the official release in November.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate your comments we had many users down load and install beta 4.2 and ended up in trouble and that is why we implemented the new rules regarding beta software.

drock99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone please check if netflix is working! That's all I really want...I really like 4.2 better than 3.2.2...and the photo app works in 4.2, not in 3.2.2.

Netflix works now. :D

Oh yeah?? Sweet! Has anyone tried air video? That was the other issue.

Air video works now too. Before it would not engaged the player although you could scrub through the video. Some videos it would play only the audio but the video would remain motionless. Now the video engages just fine.

drock99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone please check if netflix is working! That's all I really want...I really like 4.2 better than 3.2.2...and the photo app works in 4.2, not in 3.2.2.

Netflix still drops to the desktop for me. :(
Maybe this is application level and we need an update from Netflix.

I don't understand it. It works fine for me.

Update: Well crap! Now I've been jinxed. It's crashing to desktop now. When I first loaded beta 3 it worked. Maybe it's a memory management issue because I tried Netflix right out of the gate when I had not run any programs that might still remain in memory....

Crap.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some users can have issues with any beta software what works for you may not work for another user because of their configuration and or versions etc remember it is beta
Col

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix still drops to the desktop for me. :(
Maybe this is application level and we need an update from Netflix.

I don't understand it. It works fine for me.

Update: Well crap! Now I've been jinxed. It's crashing to desktop now. When I first loaded beta 3 it worked. Maybe it's a memory management issue because I tried Netflix right out of the gate when I had not run any programs that might still remain in memory....

Crap.

It was doing that to me too in b2...sometimes it would work most times it wouldn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts