What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 beta 3

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed iOS 4.2 Saturday with a few issues most of which have been mentioned in this forum. I just installed 4.2 3 beta but I still do not have that app running in the background window. Am I missing something?

OP
earlyadopter

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bulletbilly, It not an app, I thought I had heard that the new OS was supposed to display (in a tray or window) all of the apps that are running?

viveknz76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birthday in contacts

Birthday entry in contacts is still not working. It adds a day to the selected date.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to see some of you update to the latest version. This is just a reminder so any one visiting this thread know in advance that we updated the forum rules.
Rule 8a Links to upgrades for BETA software will be deleted. User will receive one warning. A second warning will lead to being banned.
This is in place to avoid issues when new users whom have no idea that this is beta software down load and get into trouble I trust every one understands.

It will not be long before the final gold version is released and then every one can upgrade and enjoy the new features.

Col.Bris

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The one extra thing I would love to see added to 4.2 would be Calendar icon badge support. I would love to see at a glance if I have any entries for teh day without the need to go into the Calendar each time.
Am I the only one that thinks this should have been added a long time ago as an option?

mk-usa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Dear Donka,

If you have a Jailbroken IPad, there are many tools within Cydia to display the Calendar Tasks and appointments on the main Lock Screen.

Check under Utilities or just search for "Lock" and you will find many packages that might be helpful to you :)

Regards,
MK :)

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dear Donka,

If you have a Jailbroken IPad, there are many tools within Cydia to display the Calendar Tasks and appointments on the main Lock Screen.

Check under Utilities or just search for "Lock" and you will find many packages that might be helpful to you :)

Regards,
MK :)

Thanks for the heads up - I'll need to check this out. This is actually a reason I can see for jail breaking - never really found a huge need but this is one of my bugs with IOS.
Only issue with Jail breaking is that it would be of more benefit on my iPhone 4 and I have never been too keen to JB that but may give it a go on my touch or iPad first to see how well it works.

Pinchot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.2 Beta 3 so far...

I have been using the iOS 4.2 betas to date, and I must sa that the beta 3 is working very well so far. It seems to be getting close.

1) All of my apps retained their data and settings after reinstall (this was a big problem with some apps when going from beta 1 to beta 2).
2) All of my apps appear to be working with the exception of Early Edition. That app has not worked at all in any version of 4.2, and I miss it.
3) It looks like the mail app is still working fine after the beta 2 fix.
4) One big fix in beta 3 is in opening attached documents. It was broken in beta 1 and 2, but seems to work again in beta 3. So emailing a doc, spreadsheet or pdf will now allow it to be opened in the usual apps on the iPad side.
5) Printing still works to my wireless HP printer
6) I have not yet tested AirPlay with my new AppleTV, but I will try that soon to see what is still playable through AirPlay.

lagtastic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tested if netflix is finally fixed with b3?

Tia for any replies.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone please check if netflix is working! That's all I really want...I really like 4.2 better than 3.2.2...and the photo app works in 4.2, not in 3.2.2.

Most reactions

Latest posts