What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

dialce01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've been a fan of Apple products for a while, having a mac mini, macbook pro, an ipod, an iphone and now an ipad would confirm it right away.. :)
Hope to have fun within the forum.
Cheers.
dialce01

edwa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App for that?

Greets, joined this morning. My wife gave me the ok to get an iPad for my B'day last weekend. I've got a G4, MacBook Pro and Mini all stuck on OS 4.11 because of my AVID film editing software.

Hoping to get the laptop off the kitchen counter BUT it sends iTunes to the Airport Express that my stereo is connected to. Also use Airfoil and Lastfm.com. I understand that iPad can't connect to shared iTunes libraries so I doubt that it can send to AExpress. Am I wrong? Can one use VNC as a work around to manipulate a desktop to send the music?

I should/will probably post this in a new thread.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

todd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys my name is todd and the Ipad will be my first mac product.

I played around with an ipad and decided I had to have one for myself.

my ipad should be delivered on june 18th(says apple) its a wifi+3g 16gb

tinkerbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for this great forum. I will be ordering mine in a week and I can't wait! Untill then I puruse utube and make mental notes. SO at this time I am lurking on this site until the big day
:)

taudelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Larry here. Mac owner for 20+ years. iPad 3G 64gb since date of release, and a very happy iPad owner so far.

educruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello Hello! My name is Eduardo , from Portugal and i'm the proud owner of a Ipad 16gb Wi-fi+3G

This is my first Apple product.

AstroPup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.brainsonfire.com
Hey Guys, just got my 64gb 3g iPad last night… My name is Geno, I live in South Carolina. Please don't hold that against me.

Like many I've been a MAC geek since my first advertising/design job. I currently have 2 MacBook Pro's and a MacPro tower. I'm in the process of doing some trimming and I'm losing the MacPro and going to a new MacBook Pro 15" 2.66.

I hope to use my iPad to simplify my computer needs when I travel. I do alot of preso's in Keynote and I also do lifestyle in the field research for marketing strategies… the iPad could be my savior.

Cssystemstx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my 64 / 3G a few days ago. Great tool (OK! My wife says toy!). I got this rather than update my laptop. Boy am I glad! Great business apps, games, livestream video, etc. May have to sell my Kindle on craig's list! Still exploring with this thing. I guess I'll have to trade my iPhone in for a "plain phone".

Roco2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, it's great find an iPad forum.
I'm a graphic designer so Mac computers are part of me.
Always use desktop computers, but last month went to las Vegas, have an iPhone and the next step was obvious.
Saludos de Mexico

JimA4Media

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had my iPad for two months now and I love it. I think it is the best product that Apple has ever produced. Of course, I can see a lot of things that I would like to add to it in future products.

I've worked for Apple and sold Apples, and supported Apples for the past 30 years, so I've a lot of products come and go. The iPad has a huge future ahead of it, and I think it is the future of computing.

Currently I'm working on using iPads in hospitals and medical applications. I'm also a drummer and a DJ and have applications in those areas.

Jim

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using iPad in hospital sounds interesting, would would you use it for?

I use mine as communication Aid with proloquo2go text to speech, it maybe useful for patients who have had a stroke and lost speech as could easily use with just one hand.

Also planning to use mine as jumbo touchscreen remote as I have difficulty with small buttons. It would be good aid for assistive technology for patients.

JimA4Media

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 years ago I had predicted that speech would be a major feature of iPhones, but it hasn't happened as rapidly as I would have liked.

Now, a friend of mine is learning how to program the iPhone, and he will be working on a talking and listening computer, based on the iPhone/iPad.

I also use mine as a remote control for a lot of different things.

I work in the IT department and I'm thinking of new uses every day for this thing.

It is a portable book for technical documentation. It is an OsiriX digital image viewer for images coming out of CT scanners, MRI scanners, and the like.

I view maps of the hospital, that I have edited to show where certain things are. We have over 50 buildings, 5,500 computers, 1,000 printer, etc, etc.

Eventually, later this year, the hospital will be covered with WiFi, and I will be able to use it on-line where ever I go.

Donk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When does it end? First I get an iPhone then an iMac and now an iPad. I hear the wife mumbling something like Macbook Pro in the corner of the room ;)

Good forums though!

Most reactions

Latest posts