What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone....just got my iPad2 as a birthday present on the 15th and I absolutely am loving it!

Welcome to the Forum - someone must love you a lot to give you such a fantastic birthday present. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. Don't hesitate to start a new thread if you have any questions you want to ask.

Tim

chrisdiaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

Good Morning,

I just received an Ipad 2 through work, can't beat free! I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm very impressed with how easy it is to use. This site seems like the place to be to discuss and learn more about it. So I guess I will be seeing everyone around!

Take care,
Chris

bobinmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife is planning an intervention

I don't drink, do drugs and have been faithful to my wife of nearly 3 decades. For these accomplishments and personal denials I have instead chosen to blow our hard earned money on way to many wonderful gadgets that sort of overflows our home.

Last year I sort of went a little banana's, but when I can find 0% interest, or I've already got the money saved up, it's terribly hard to say no to myself over all the wonderful new things that really adds real quality and ease to our daily lives.

Of course I've got an IPhone, IPad 2, netbook, Intel I-3 Sony Vaio, Intel I-7 Lenovo (plus a duel core my wife uses), two digital recorders through Dish TV that supports 4 TV's and now a Sling so I can watch anything I've got recorded on any of my toys through the Internet including my Apple goodies. 6.1 Sony surround sound goes with the 46" Sony high def TV plus 3 more of smaller sizes along with a Pogo home network, Sony Play Station 3 and 13 Ethernet lines wired throughout the entire home to support everything. Our home is busting at the seams yet I'm constantly shopping for the next must have toy. It's an illness and I know it, but gee it's so darn much fun. Believe it or not, I only owe around $550 total - of course my wife hasn't had a new dress in 3 or 4 years but sacrifices must be made.

Now I've been learning about Apple's new home networks but I'm really confused about which way I should go and how they all work. I'd love something that would let me store all my stuff in one place yet let me put anything I've got on my IPad 2, IPhone, notebook computers or on my main entertainment center - but for the life of me I can't quite understand which parts or what I need so I can bring my whole system altogether. Then there's the new e-printer I've got to have but I can't make up my mind if this is a must have or just something I might find myself only using once or twice a year.

That's the real trick in tech anything. What do we really enjoy and need and what do we buy but learn later such as my Pogo Internet home network that I've never really found that usable. My hope is that you guys here will guide me so I spend my money wisely but so I'll still have some new toy I can't wait to get even though I don't really need it.

I am a gimp so my world is much smaller. Thanks to tech and a career in computer programming, computers and all the goodies that goes with it has and continues to keep me connected even if I'm not able to run around and do it in person like I once did. Gee this is going to be fun!

OceanBlue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi this is Makis from Greece with a heavy load iPad2 64gb and 3g/wifi. I dont remember when i bought it . Lost my mind i guess.
I wonder when i will stop buying Apple MIracles.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TrunksMcNasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LS image shrunk!?!

Hi everyone,

I got a great deal on an iPad last week, and since I already own a iPod Touch 4G, it wasn't a great leap to the UI on the iPad... I love it already, and jailbroke it within the hour I received it.

My question (first of many, I'm sure) is in reference to the lock screen. I installed LS Nimbus HD, and tried several other iPad-optimized LS and kept running into the same problem. The actual lockscreen is shrunk and located in the top left corner, but displays widgets and info normally. The slider location hasn't changed, nor has the 'slideshow' button to the right.

I have tried renaming the 'LockBackground.png' files and adding the 'T' to the end, no luck there.

I am a big supporter of the 'Google for answers first' method of solving tech problems, but have had no luck after 3 hours, so I'm hoping someone in the forum can help.

Thanks all! Appreciate the help in advance...

Last edited:

luisechavarria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi... I just got my 16gb iPad 2. I'm looking forward to learn from everybody... Thanks for this effort to help newbies like me...

JSmooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My man got me an iPad 2 cause he broke my iPod touch...I love this thing!! I'm on it pretty much 24/7, endless stuff to do!!!

bikermolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just found out about this forum today and decided to join up. Looking great already.

joker21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just signed up... looking forward to learning how to use this great device to its fullest! :)

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joker21 said:
Just signed up... looking forward to learning how to use this great device to its fullest! :)

You're in the right place joker21! A great place to get to know the full potential of the ipad.

Most reactions