What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

Granddiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Intro

Had iPad 2 weeks. Frustrated with AirPrint on new hp office jet air printer. iPad can't find it. Hp apple service not open on Sunday! Otherwise I'm loving it.

pegomyheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saying hello

Hi forum folks,

Not only am I brand new to the iPad, I'm a total newbie to anything Apple. I've spent the last 24 hrs since the new toy arrived, banging my head against a wall over a simple WiFi problem. At last it is resolved and I am connected. Now all I have to do is learn the whole darn thing, so I'm delighted to find this forum! After all the frustration, the Pad and I are both calling it quits for the day. Learning time tomorrow! Thanks for being here.

Pego

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had iPad 2 weeks. Frustrated with AirPrint on new hp office jet air printer. iPad can't find it. Hp apple service not open on Sunday! Otherwise I'm loving it.

Tell us a little bit more about your problem in a new thread and we'll try and help

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi forum folks,

Not only am I brand new to the iPad, I'm a total newbie to anything Apple. I've spent the last 24 hrs since the new toy arrived, banging my head against a wall over a simple WiFi problem. At last it is resolved and I am connected. Now all I have to do is learn the whole darn thing, so I'm delighted to find this forum! After all the frustration, the Pad and I are both calling it quits for the day. Learning time tomorrow! Thanks for being here.

Pego
Glad you fixed the WiFi problem. Don't hesitate to post any other problems you have in a new thread in the Forum and we'll do our best to help.

Tim

mikehou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 64G + 3g ipad2, and very happy :)

bobinmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G turns off and on - now that's great

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got the 3gs and fell in love with it, so now I'm thinking I've got to have one of these new ipads. I'm going to wait until I can get a 3G version though. Gonna be envious of those get their WiFi versions first.

With the IPhone we have a monthly added charge on our cell bill but with the IPad (depending on carrier) you can turn it off and on during the months you need the 3G connection but then just use WI-FI the rest of the time. The up charge for getting the unit with the 3G isn't cheap, but I think over the long haul it's a wise investment. You're on the right path, and I like the way you think. Trust me, you'll be blown away with this unique gadget we really don't need but that we can't live without.

bundydoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found the site while trying to solve a problem with an iPad. I am an IT Manager that now supports 3 iPad 2s. My wife also has one so I get to do a lot of troubleshooting and app exploration. I will post my issue in a new thread.

sid77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, first Internet post on my shiny new ipad2! Just finding my way around it at the moment but I love it, I can't stop touching it lol. My missus thinks I have gone mad!!!!

DCSholtis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone....just got my iPad2 as a birthday present on the 15th and I absolutely am loving it!

pointermom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to all this and know I will make tons of errors, so I ask your forgiveness and patience in advance.

Somewhat of a techno-phobe, I am a loyal Mac user, but I can't get my company to switch yet. Maybe someday. Anyway, I have been having problems with java on my laptop with one chatroom I love and hope thru this I'll learn enough to figure it out.

Now, if only I can figure out how to change my avatar!!!!

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to all this and know I will make tons of errors, so I ask your forgiveness and patience in advance.

Somewhat of a techno-phobe, I am a loyal Mac user, but I can't get my company to switch yet. Maybe someday. Anyway, I have been having problems with java on my laptop with one chatroom I love and hope thru this I'll learn enough to figure it out.

Now, if only I can figure out how to change my avatar!!!!

It's easier to change your avatar using a PC or Mac. Go to ipadforums.net and click on 'User CP' (User Control Panel), then click on 'Edit Avatar' where you can choose from a series of predefined avatars or upload your own picture.

Have fun...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts