What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

macedog24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. My name is mace. trying to find some help for my son and his ipad 2 mini. Glad to be here.

jolly joolz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "New Thread" button which looks like this:

We've made the above links automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

Tell us a bit about yourself, for example:

• Why are you interested in the iPad?
    • What are your hobbies?
    • What other gadgets are you using?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!

neilgoodyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "New Thread" button which looks like this:

We've made the above links automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

• What are your hobbies?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!
Trying to post a new introductory thread but when I click on the "New Thread" link I get this message:
Hmm, we can't reach this page.
Try this

Any Ideas?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to post a new introductory thread but when I click on the "New Thread" link I get this message:
Hmm, we can't reach this page.
Try this

Any Ideas?
Welcome to iPad Forums !

The link in that post isn’t working at the moment and has to be corrected.

Look at these instructions:
Posting a new a Thread using IPF's new software....
They will help starting a new thread.

kenrob2037

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "Error | Apple iPad Forum" button.

We've made the above link automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

• What are your hobbies?

Hi Everyone,

Just got my first iPad. It’s the 2017 version. With the TV app, does anyone know how to get it to remember the last position you stopped watching a vIdeo you uploaded to Home videos?

Cheers

Rob

mjkoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I've never owned an Apple product outside of the Ipod, but I thought it might be a good idea to try one, now that there are so many "certified refurbished" ones out there. So, after watching a review of a tech person who moved up from Apple Air to Air "2", I decided to try it.
The tech said, "If you've never used an Apple product or have any experience with Apple Air, go ahead and buy Apple 2. If you own Apple Air now, you can go buy Air 2, but you may find that the difference isn't that much (paraphrase).
Well, with that, I decided to go with the "Air," thinking I'd save money and I'd get the full 128GB w/ WIFI for 345.00, and another 50.00 for 2 year warranty. It'll be here on Friday, so I'm reading everything I can on this, and hoping that I won't have to use that warranty for a while.
Anyway, I've got 90 days to decide whether to keep it or not, so I'm here to learn pros, cons, who likes or hates it, whether certified refurbish is legitimate outside of Apple, and can I trust warranties from Amazon to fix "Air," if and when it's needed.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've never owned an Apple product outside of the Ipod, but I thought it might be a good idea to try one, now that there are so many "certified refurbished" ones out there. So, after watching a review of a tech person who moved up from Apple Air to Air "2", I decided to try it.
The tech said, "If you've never used an Apple product or have any experience with Apple Air, go ahead and buy Apple 2. If you own Apple Air now, you can go buy Air 2, but you may find that the difference isn't that much (paraphrase).
Well, with that, I decided to go with the "Air," thinking I'd save money and I'd get the full 128GB w/ WIFI for 345.00, and another 50.00 for 2 year warranty. It'll be here on Friday, so I'm reading everything I can on this, and hoping that I won't have to use that warranty for a while.
Anyway, I've got 90 days to decide whether to keep it or not, so I'm here to learn pros, cons, who likes or hates it, whether certified refurbish is legitimate outside of Apple, and can I trust warranties from Amazon to fix "Air," if and when it's needed.
Welcome to iPad Forums, MjKoz!

There’s a major difference between Air and Air 2: while the iPad Air 2 has Touch ID (which is very useful, imo), the iPad Air has to be unlocked by a code, if a passcode has been set up.

This will help a bit getting to know your future device:
http://help.apple.com/ipad/11/

I hope you’ll enjoy your iPad.

ipadlelek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everyone, my name is mario,
i'm a apple user to some degree :) recently bought new ipad pro 9.7" with 256Gb of storage and cellular chip build in.

Hope to learn new and wonderful things about this device and yes i have many questions. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hello everyone, my name is mario,
i'm a apple user to some degree :) recently bought new ipad pro 9.7" with 256Gb of storage and cellular chip build in.

Hope to learn new and wonderful things about this device and yes i have many questions. :)
Welcome to iPad Forums, Mario! We're here to help with any questions or problems you may have.

Most reactions

Latest posts