What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

joaholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie forum user

I am a longtime Mac user and am loving my new iPad. I am eager to learn all the tricks that others have gleaned in their use.
Right now we have a trip planned to France and I am trying to understand the best way to access 3G usage there.

donna.callea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all.
I'm an independent author and avid reader. I firmly believe e-books and e-readers are the future. I have an Amazon Kindle and my husband and I recently purchased an IPAD. I absolutely love it. It's great for reading newspapers and magazines (much better than Kindle) and my husband has synched it somehow so that we can read our Kindle books on the IPAD, too. Of course, we'll be buying books from the ibook store now, and hope everyone else will be, too (especially mine, which I'll tell you about on the shameless promotion thread).

jackies35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picture Me 2 iPad!!

Hello everyone....

I am planning on getting my first iPad...

I already have and I am addicted to my iMac 27 inch computer.
I travel a lot and I also have the macBook Pro!

I am a photographer and I love apple products and programs(software).
I had my first PowerMac 405 back in the 90's!!

EllaPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Just introducing myself. Hi all. I'm Felix, CEO of EllaPad.

theipadlife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always hated Mac. Honestly. I never understood the whole Mac addiction - I thought the products were solely for the artistic, uber left-wing, Greenpeace supporting hippies who just had to be different from the masses. I couldn't understand how the menus worked and I never got why there were green, yellow and red buttons on every open window. I thought that Microsoft and Windows would dominate the world forever.

Fast forward a few years and numerous system restores of Windows. I had lost tons of images, documents, songs etc. I really didn't have a knack for backing up my files. I had to try something different so after a lot of hesitation and an expectation that I would return the computer if I didn't like it, I bought a Macbook. Needless to say, I've never looked back. Yes, there are minor annoyances like having to close each and every flippin' program, oops, I mean application, but, well done Mr. Jobs.

Next came the iPod Touch 1st Generation. Kinda cool. Apps were increasing in number, it could fit way more songs than I could think of, but finding a wifi hotspot wasn't always easy. I must have gone through three pairs of headphones.

Then came the iPhone 3GS. I had my heart set on Blackberry, I really did. Oh, how the Bold looked so cool and everyone in the business community had it. I felt like an outsider not having BBM. "What's your PIN?" Well, I went for the iPhone instead and what a great decision. The device has exceeded my expectations (aside from the dropped calls and the slower operating system - sarcasm: thank you iOS 4 update). But, being able to put apps in folders is huge!

iPhone 4? I will wait for 5 - hopefully they will implement facetime better and provide more storage capacity. The whole deathgrip scares me as a lefty too. But, I have played around with it and it is undoubtedly more stylish and the resolution is insane.

Well, back to my iPad! I was one of those geeks (no offense, geeks) who waited in line at the Apple store at 7am. All I had to do was play around with the device for 30 seconds and I was completely sold. My manager made me demonstrate it to the rest of my office of six people and needless to say, I ended up convincing two others to purchase that weekend. The device is fast, responsive and beatiful. Not perfect, but for a first generation model - pretty darn good. Apps seem to be a bit slow out of the gate, but more are being introduced daily. Have yet to read an entire book, but movie watching and music loving is insane. A business device - the jury is still out. My favourite thing about the device is the battery life - wow, wow and wow. So, that is my brief synopsis of the iPad.

I love the iPad so much that I have created a blog about it, its apps and anything else relevant. Please do check it out.

TXSharon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy from Texas!

Hello Everyone!

I'm Sharon from Texas & my awesome husband bought me an iPad for my birthday last week! I guess everytime the iPad commercial came on and I said "OMG, that thing is so awesome" finally did the trick. :)

Gadget wise I am all over the place ...
- my phone is an Evo (do I have any hope of ever synching anything up with the iPad? Calendar or contacts?)
- my desktop is Dell PC (I've been a PC user since C:> days)
- my laptop is a MacBook Pro (because a friend sold it to me really cheap when my PC laptop died)
- now I have the iPad & MobileMe
- also have a Kindle (which will probably start gathering dust)

My iPad is the 64GB with Wi-Fi only. I think their limited data plans are the pits. I'm going to pay $5 more a month to Sprint to make my phone a hot spot with unlimited data access.

I'm a portrait photographer and do all of my editing & accounting through the PC. The Mac stays in the family area for internet searches, checking mail, etc. so I'm not very fluent in Mac. I found this site through a Google search when I was just trying to figure out how to get photos onto the iPad ... thank you Matth3w for the great thread!.

I'm obviously interested in Apps related to photography. I like to read & am loving the Kindle app! Am also a most disorganized person & would love to hear about Apps that would help me out in that area.

Looking forward to learning & sharing!

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I'm Sharon from Texas & my awesome husband bought me an iPad for my birthday last week! I guess everytime the iPad commercial came on and I said "OMG, that thing is so awesome" finally did the trick. :)

Gadget wise I am all over the place ...
- my phone is an Evo (do I have any hope of ever synching anything up with the iPad? Calendar or contacts?)
- my desktop is Dell PC (I've been a PC user since C:> days)
- my laptop is a MacBook Pro (because a friend sold it to me really cheap when my PC laptop died)
- now I have the iPad & MobileMe
- also have a Kindle (which will probably start gathering dust)

My iPad is the 64GB with Wi-Fi only. I think their limited data plans are the pits. I'm going to pay $5 more a month to Sprint to make my phone a hot spot with unlimited data access.

I'm a portrait photographer and do all of my editing & accounting through the PC. The Mac stays in the family area for internet searches, checking mail, etc. so I'm not very fluent in Mac. I found this site through a Google search when I was just trying to figure out how to get photos onto the iPad ... thank you Matth3w for the great thread!.

I'm obviously interested in Apps related to photography. I like to read & am loving the Kindle app! Am also a most disorganized person & would love to hear about Apps that would help me out in that area.

Looking forward to learning & sharing!

I have Sprint and they told me that it would cost an additonal $29. eventhough I have unlimited data on my Palm Pre. I know the new EVO is $10. more for the extra data plan and then it was suppose to be another $29. for the hotspot. Just wondering how you got the hotspot for only $5. more per month.
I would have gotten the wifi only model if I had known that AT&T was going to pull the unlimited plan so quickly. The 250 mb plan is a joke, you go through that pretty quickly.
You can synch Google contacts and calendar to your ipad easily.

learnmegood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I do not have an ipad, but my wife and I got iphones a little over a month ago, and we are addicted.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I did when that happened was to delete the ipod cashe. Then I went in and made sure that there were no doubles in the other folders.

Bonnie Epps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading some of the emails above I'm like many of you. I just receive my Ipad for my birthday. I've had a few problems, yet, the Apple store has been very helpful. My latest question was a result of "over" downloading photos. I copied the same albumm three times. How do I delete the two extra albums?

Most reactions