What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

blondiek237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm Lyn and my husband won our ipad at a golf tournament. My husband hates computers so he gave it to me--yeh me. I am having a blast with it.

Aethelred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am soon to be a new iPad owner. I am waiting for iPad to arrive in the mail next Tuesday. I was torn between iPad and iPhone 4 and decided to try iPhone 4 first to see if I wanted to have it more than iPad. I wanted to have both because I already had in mind on what I want to use iPad and iPhone for. I am currently a Blackberry user and needless to say I loved iPhone 4 but decided to return the phone to get iPad first because of my budget.

I am a graduate student pursuing my teaching credentials. I envision myself to have the eBook version of all my course materials on iPad if applicable to make my learning more enjoyable and worthwhile. In a few months I hope to own an iPhone 4 also to replace my old Blackberry.

I look forward to getting iPad in the mail next Tuesday. :)

tankritkido2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Greetings from the Philippines! Just bought a 64GB 3G version. Been trying to jailbreak by downgrading the version to 3.2.1 but i'm stuck. :confused:

kynduvme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new owner

Hello~

Proud new owner of a 32gig 3g iPAD. I came here to get advice on maximizing my use of it.

Thanks,
nat

blondiek237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Hi
My husband won the ipad at a gold tournament. He didn't know what it was and gave it to me--lucky me, I am having a blast with it.
Love it

Lyn

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up the 323g this week and love it.:D

Lots to lean though. I sure this site will be a big help.

I want to use the Ipad for small group presentations at work and of course fun.

Great site,

Tom.

Twiddles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

:eek:It is a dedicated group that will read through 16 pages of hi /wave posts :).

Thank you for providing a community for users.

:eek: thanks for the app tips already been very useful.

Steve0423

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the iPad, new to Apple

Hello everyone I am new to the iPad and I am debating whether or not to return it. It is an expensive purchase and I am debating the revelance of it. If anyone knows any cool things about the iPad please let me know and maybe you can convince me to keep it.

Steve
NJ

RemyL75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been following the thread for a few weeks, and finally decided to join. I plan on buying an iPad within the next 3-4 weeks, and of all the sites I have found, this one seemed to have the most information.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hello everyone I am new to the iPad and I am debating whether or not to return it. It is an expensive purchase and I am debating the revelance of it. If anyone knows any cool things about the iPad please let me know and maybe you can convince me to keep it.

Steve
NJ
Steve, I will put on my meanie hat and say read the forum. If that doesn't convince you, I ask: why should we try to convince you?

asexymind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yo Yo Wassup?

hcilling with my ipad, writing books, loving this continual trip around the sun.

Piperonparis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birthday gift to myself. Work on computers all day but it is a total joy to read books,comics, instant Netflix videos on the couch or wherever. Going on a business trip to Austria in a month and trying to figure out how to make calls while there back home. Excited that some brainy apps guy is going to figure out video conferencing with new software and a blue tooth camera mounted on the pad

ikrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...Going on a business trip to Austria in a month and trying to figure out how to make calls while there back home. Excited that some brainy apps guy is going to figure out video conferencing with new software and a blue tooth camera mounted on the pad

I've used my iPhone and now also my iPad for Skype calls from China, Japan, Korea, the Philipines, Malaysia, Germany, Norway, and many other places (I live in the US). Works flawlessly but no camera if that's what you need. Supposedly there's an app where you can use your iphone's camera via bluetooth onto the iPad but I haven't seen it yet. However, camera is not critical for me so I haven't really looked that much.

Note, there's no iPad Skype app yet so I'm using iPhone's Skype app on my iPad (have to select X2 to make the screen bigger but it works well). Wish I could have it in landscape mode for typing text messages though but oh well.

Last edited:

Alanfujii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Conference Pad

Hi everyone. Just picked up the iPad last night. The primary reason I bought it is for an app called Conference Pad. The goal is to be able to make presentations to clients using the iPad. We walk in and hand iPads to our clients and then go through our presentation.

I started playing with it last night and here are my initial thoughts. Web viewing is a blast, basic email reading good and going on Netflix and watching an instant movie was fun. But functionally I'm worried that I'll be able to justify this purchase. I should be able to leave my laptop and use the iPad for a minimum 60% usage. In my mind that amount of usage for me would probably equate to some users using the iPad totally. Email as I should expect is like my iPhone but where I didn't mind the limited amount of email I could see on the iPhone. I'm not going to be as forgiving on the iPad. I'm using Microsoft Exchange and I get a limited number of emails that are shown. I'm not the best at moving emails to archive folders so many times I need to refer to an older email. On the laptop no problem they are all there. maybe there's a way around this but for now the iPad would not functional as my main email device.
I'm confused that the interaction between the iPhone and iPad is not more seamless. For instance, most of the apps on my iPhone when switch to the iPad are as if I'm starting new. Only if the app requires a web access login does it recognize you. I need to investigate this further to see if the syncing of the iPad and iPhone with the same iTunes desktop can sync everything to be equal for all. If this is not the case then things I do on the iPhone could be different on the iPad.
Well it's pre-mature for me yet but those were my initial observations

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi... I'm Ahmed... a new Apple user (I've never touched an iDevice before buying the iPad)
:) Hope this is not annoying to you ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts