What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 pushed back

flashman181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would not have thought 10.1 would be available now if we still had another 10 days to wait? Yep they need to get 4.2 right before release but surely have had enough time to do that since last release

TheBoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed itunes 10.1 also did a check for updates and nothing... I waited this long for 4.2, I guess I can wait another week or two...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would not have thought 10.1 would be available now if we still had another 10 days to wait?
You need to have iTunes 10.1 in order for it to see an iPad with iOS 4.2... at least that's the way it is with the "GM" version of iOS 4.2 so it makes sense that you have iTunes 10.1 in place before you install 4.2.

Clear as mud, eh?

flashman181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would not have thought 10.1 would be available now if we still had another 10 days to wait?
You need to have iTunes 10.1 in order for it to see an iPad with iOS 4.2... at least that's the way it is with the "GM" version of iOS 4.2 so it makes sense that you have iTunes 10.1 in place before you install 4.2.

Clear as mud, eh?

Yep clearly understood that but from what I was reading previously was there would only be about a 24hr lag between release of Itunes update before 4.2 was officially released to the plebs - not the 10 days being stated now

slr001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good.

I am glad.

I would rather have something that worked when its installed on my IPAD (as I only have wireless) then end up with something that has everything in pretty folders and no functionality.

Ask yourself this, do you want 4.2 if it's got major problems?

No.

We should be pleased that this time, Apple are testing.

I agree... I would rather wait till end of 2011, think how good it will be then. Or maybe we can have them work on it for 2 more years, then it will be really good.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well actually Marie...

There is a WiFi problem with the 4.2GM version which is why there is yet another iOS update released yesterday (Friday) to fix this... I hope!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well actually Marie...

There is a WiFi problem with the 4.2GM version which is why there is yet another iOS update released yesterday (Friday) to fix this... I hope!

Ya know. I was thinking of iTunes! I was thinking that he meant updating with iTunes. Of course there is. I had that problem remember?

Idiot. I am so sorry!

Most reactions

Latest posts