What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for a noob question but what are this blobs? I just have Ipsw restore file downloaded from apple while ago. Also what does redsn0w release?

I would respectfully suggest that you read our sticky threads in the Hacking Section and use the search features of the forum. These subjects have come up many many times in the past! :D

Start here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/59291-shsh-blobs-faq-new-improved-2012-a.html

Here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...ow-use-redsn0w-0-9-9x-its-full-potential.html

and here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Happy researching! :D

HRida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm facing error 11 while trying to restore from IOS 4.3.5 to IOS 5.1.1 is their any fix on it

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm facing error 11 while trying to restore from IOS 4.3.5 to IOS 5.1.1 is their any fix on it

On which version of iPad are you trying to restore 5.1.1? Because if it's anything other than the first iPad generation (iPad1), then I'm afraid you can no longer put iOS 5.1.1 on. You can only install iOS 6 on iPad 2s and 3s now.

Marilyn

HRida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On which version of iPad are you trying to restore 5.1.1? Because if it's anything other than the first iPad generation (iPad1), then I'm afraid you can no longer put iOS 5.1.1 on. You can only install iOS 6 on iPad 2s and 3s now.

Marilyn

I have iPad 2 so thanks alot for your help. Anyway am facing the same issue with iPhone 4 is their a fix for it too (same version with the same restore error)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You get the same answer - can't upgrade/use iOS 5.1.1.

However, with the iPhone 4S, if you have blobs saved for iOS 5.1.1, then you might be able to create a modified (e.g. stitched) version of that iOS and put it on your phone.

If you do have blobs, may I suggest you visit our sister forum (iPhoneForums.net) for assistance in creating that custom IPSW. They are more experienced over there with the iPhone...

But, if you don't have the blobs, there'll be no putting of iOS 5.1.1 onto your iPhone 4.

Marilyn

tx00824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Thanks, interesting security system. Anyway I haven't got my blobs so no joy.

Vrishabh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP me I have by mistake put my ipad on DFU mode before using tiny umbrella now my ipad is not working as in opening please help me i beg you my dad is going to kill me if i have messed up my ipad please help me.how to i remove it from DFU mode without restoring (cause it is not restoring) please help me

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To bring an iPad out of DFU mode - (1) disconnect it from the computer, then (2) reset the device (aka "reboot"). To reset, hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Vrishabh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you I got it out of DFU mode , but I have 1 more problem .when I open tiny umbrella and go to advanced the box which I should uncheck is like transparent I can't touch it (click it) my iPad was connected but the box was still
transparent .what should I do .when I tried to restore it anyway the error3194 came.so that means the host files are still
there please help me.

Vrishabh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you I got it out of DFU mode.but now I have another problem.when I open tinyumbrella and go to the advanced section ,the box
I'm supposed to uncheck is transparent ,like I can't click it .when I connected my iPad it still didn't become darker.when I tried to restore it anyway the same error 3194 came .That means the host files are still there .please help me unjailbreak my iPad .

rrdbala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear All.

I tried the options mentioned here and it gives me error 9 and 11. Do anyone know how can I get this fixed ?

I have restored my IPAD 2 to IOS 6 and when it's restoring my apps from icloud and after some time wher it restored 75% apps and told me the restore incomplete. SO I thought a reboot ould fix this and tried the same.But it went to a reobot loop instead. From that time I am trying this to get it restored again but it's not working. Really appreciae your help.

Last edited:

manipulator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help on bricked iPad 3 IOS 6.

I upgraded my iPad 3 (GSM) "5.1.1" to "IOS 6" throught OTA.
Now my iPad keep rebooting itself every ~1 minute.
I saw the Modem (Baseband) version is missing, I suspect this is the cause of rebooting, a corrupted Baseband.

I tried to restore the IOS 6 using iTunes but failed.
Tried DFU mode, but failed with error 3194.
Tried Recovery mode and normal mode, but the iPad just rebooted during the verification process and give me an error 3194.

I didn't have my 5.1.1 SHSH Blob.
Tried this guide "Downgrade 5.1 to 5.0.1 / 5.0 Without SHSH"
Tried to downgrade my IOS 6 to 5.1.1, using the above method, everything seem just smooth, but the process stopped at "preparing", giving me error 1601.
Sn0wbreeze doesn't not recognize iPad 3, so I can't try to create custom IPSW.

Please guide.
Thank you.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3194 means you are not following step 2 in this tutorial properly before trying to restore iOS 6.

You cannot under any circumstances restore anything but 6.0 on your device now, sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts