What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a white 32gb Verizon at an Apple store today after waiting hours. Not speced how I wanted but how can you turn it down??

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got in line at 11:30am on Friday after driving across the border, got in line 60 people in.

Had a really, really great time and met some amazing people, including the people I drove down with, who I met on the iPadincanada blog. Thank you Disqus!

only issue I had was a screen problem, but was able to return it and get them to swap out a replacement right away. I was worried I'd have to leave sans iPad, but I got really luck.

I'd do it again in a second. I probably will for the iPad 3 ;)

I just need to start saving now, asked my wife for an allowance to put aside so that I don't have to do a mad dash next year to get the cash together.

I wonder when the release will be next year... hmm.

I really, really, really hope they don't double it up this year...

White ipad2 said:
Yes

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Noticed the same, also a lil but of a pain to attach it too

The first iPad I got was really REALLY stiff. I had to get mine replaced and it's a bit better.

But in comparison to the ease of the first, it makes me a bit sad. I really wish it wasn't so stiff.

Teerexx52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine at Best Buy at 4:30 3/11. They handed out vouchers. I showed up at 4:20 and couldn't believe how few people were there. When I went by our Apple Store the line stretched all around the mall and it was only 2PM. Anyways, happy with my 16GB white wifi.

applemike68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my 16gb on Friday at Target, I wanted the 32 but they only had the 64 and 16 and all the 64's were spoken for. After bringing my 16 home, I realized that is not enough room, so I sold it on Ebay today for 650.00 plus shipping. :( Now I can order the 32 GB but have to wait another 3 weeks. On the bright side I did get to play with my 16 over the weekend and realize how great it is.

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked over and got in line at my local Best Buy around 1pm on Friday. When I got there, I ended up being second in line behind a couple who had brought camping chairs. Like me, they had recently gotten a 1st Gen iPad, but while I had returned mine to help pay for the new ipad, their iPad was the wife's and they were getting an iPad2 because the husband decided he had to have one too.

While I had read reports on this forum that Best Buy was handing out tickets at 4:30pm, they had been told by BB employees at my local store and at another store on the east side of town something different. Specifically, the east side store said they would be giving out tickets starting at 1pm and the my store would be handing them out at 2pm. Neither statements turned out to be correct. Around 1:45, an employee came out and told us that tickets would be handing out at 4:30pm, not 2. Needless to say the couple (and another guy who had showed up in the meantime) were upset by this move, feeling as though they had been lied to. They had planned to get their tickets around 1 or 2 pm, get additional errands done since they had an engagement to get to that evening, then come back at 5pm to pick up their new iPad 2. Instead, the husband had to continue sitting in line for the rest of the afternoon.

Slowly, the line picked up a few more people, including a young Chinese couple and her little brother who had gotten inline to get iPad2s for people they knew in Hong Kong and a personal trainer who didn't look like your typical line dweller for a tech product but I am glad he was there because he was much more willing than the rest of us to find out what was going on. For example, he went into the store to find out how much inventory they had (turned out to be 70).

At 4:40 they started handing out tickets, which turned out to be sheets of paper with our requested ipad model printed on it. Based on the fact that by the time the line ended the Best Buy folks still had a few sheets of paper in their hands when they walked back into the store, I would say that there were around 60 people in line before 5pm. According to the third person in line, this was nothing like the line at the BB store on the East side or the line at the Tucson Apple Store at La Encantada Shopping Center which both had long lines by 1:30pm. Shortly after 5pm we got in line in the store at the customer service desk, and I quickly got my iPad2, the 64 GB Verizon 3G version with a black bezel. Plus I got a black leather smart cover.

So far I am happy with my iPad 2. The graphical speed boost is most noticeable in games like Infinity Blade, which now is quite smooth. The new game, Real Racing 2, is incredible. The cameras, eh. But I had fun last night with some friends at a coffee shop with the Photo Booth app. Video quality is pretty good, though. The smart cover works as advertised and I am very happy with it. Battery life seems to be a bit less, but that could because I got the 3G version this time rather than just the wifi version, and I was testing out the GPS and 3G features quite a bit yesterday. On a typical day, I don't really need either.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I' surprised more people haven't just gone to Walmart.

I called my local Walmart at 9AM, when cellphone dept opened, and they said they would be taking them out at 5PM. I got there at 5PM and was out of the store by 5:10PM. They were giving out tickets that matched specific iPads: not just what kind you like, the exact one you would get (duplicate bar code and serial number and all). I'd say they got around 40 in and still had around 20 when I left. I called yesterday and they still had a few left.

I did the same thing when I got my iPhone 4. Don't like waiting in line.

Michael

Bigmerf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walmart would have been easier but Since I was buying two and I am a best buy premier member I wanted my points,lol. So I can get at least some certificates in thirty days.. Looking at around 25-30 dollars worth

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too funny! Is she living up to your expectations? Better treat her right.:D
She is so far .... :) Thinner, faster, younger, prettier... what is not to like??? :)

But they had no smart covers so I'm babying her till I get one. :cool:

(I will not disrespect her by throwing her in an iPad 1 case.)

Michael

PamEnamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pameast.net
Got mine at Best Buy on Friday. Was about 30th in line. No problem getting my 64g wifi. I chose Best Buy because they were the only ones I knew of who offered a warranty that covered glass breakage. You can do almost ANYTHING under the BB warranty and get it fixed or replaced. With my track record with electronics that's a must. (we won't discuss the kindle in the bathtub incident....)

This is my first ipad and I am in AWE! I've been downloading apps like crazy and trying to figure out all it can do. I just discovered the compass features this morning and it blew my mind. I'm leaving for Europe a week from tomorrow and this is going to keep me highly entertained. Just hope the battery lasts the whole flight! Already have a European charging adapter on board. :)

Pam

dabber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How easy is the Zagg cover to put on?
Thanks and congrats!!!

obxboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the connector port being on an angled edge. 1st gen is much easier.

Most reactions

Latest posts