The official "I got my iPad Pro" thread

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iDan, Nov 11, 2015.

1. bfer357

bfer357
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I received my iPad last week. just took it out of the box to examine it, but won't use it until Christmas. I ordered it through Costco. They are selling it about $50 cheaper on the 128 GB WiFi only model. My vision is getting bad so this 12 inch will definitely make the difference.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    That's not bad at all. I thought it would stick out a lot more.

Thanks.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    When setting it up you might want to go for the Zoomed mode instead of the Standard mode. Similar to Zoomed mode on the iPhone 6 Plus, this expands the iPad Air UI to fill the iPad Pro screen. Everything is bigger.

On the other hand, you lose a lot of the other nice UI enhancements that come with apps that have been optimied for the Pro. The biggest minus is the way the multitasking views are downgraded.

Anyway, give both a try and see what works best for you. You can switch Settings > Display. You even get a preview.

4. ElleW1024

ElleW1024
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    We've been using our iPad Pro for a week now, and both my husband and I love it. The larger screen is a great bonus, and it's much faster than our old iPad mini, and my "ancient" MacBookPro. The screen is actually almost the same size as the one on the MacBook- and I'm used to keeping the MacBook on my lap, so the weight of the iPad Pro doesn't bother me at all. I am looking forward to working with the keyboard and pencil as soon as they can get here, can't wait!

5. craftEcowgirl

craftEcowgirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ordered 128gb LTE verizon Ipad Pro & pencil in store on 11th and received 14th! Love both! I also got a mini 4 that am using as phone :). Have had a iphone plus and haven't had an ipad since ipad 1, been many years. We are loving the Pro and the pencil works great! We got a Zoogue case and its best case for ipad pro and also have one for ipad mini. Planning on getting Zagg Slimbook keyboard case once released.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------
    Ipad mini 4 & Ipad Pro, pencil
    Iggy named Roxy

#45 craftEcowgirl, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. hawk1942

hawk1942
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Had the IPad pro for almost a month. Had to wait for the keyboard and pencil though. Finally all three are here. I have had an IPad f one type or another for about 3 years Graqdually I have used it more and more for productivity since I have to go to a lot of meetings and conventions. My hope was that the IPad or would replace my laptop. I'm pleased to say that I a Aristide it's my decision and that I think the IPad Pro will serve my needs. To the lint that I sold my laptop. I need to find an easy way to keep all my files on the pro without using ITunes if possible. Once I am truly convinced that the pro will serve all my needs, I'll probably get rid of my desktop as well. SO, color me happy.

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Other than a couple of updates to the Mac's software, I haven't turned on my desktop for two weeks. It's part of my iPad Pro only experiment. So far, mostly ok. Even after I shipped off the Air.

DropBox is probably the most commonly way to manage, share, and move files on/off your iPad. Files can be marked local, so that they are always available on your device.

There are other, similar services.

Apple's new Cloud Drive works fairly well for those apps that support it. Google Drive is good if you use a lot of Google services; and OneDrive is included with and Office 365 subscription.

Good luck, and enjoy your iPad Pro.

P.S. I'll probably end up turning the desktop back on. I'm not happy with any of the iOS's file backup solutions, and while watcing movies on the iPad Pro is good, it's still not better than a 27" iMac's screen and sound. :)

8. rikmac111

rikmac111
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Got one coming for Christmas. I am an apple person and excite for Santa to arrive....

9. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've just placed my order for a gold iPad Pro 128 GB WiFi + Cellular with keyboard and Apple Pencil. The iPad should arrive in a couple of weeks, the keyboard and Apple Pencil could take until February.

10. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My iPad Pro has just left the factory in China and will be delivered next Monday.
    image.jpeg