What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official "I got my iPad Pro" thread

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow-that looks awesome Sci! It looks so big! :)
Here it is compared to my iPhone 6 Plus.
image.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Based on the size Sci, will this be kept strictly at home? For me, I think it would be too big to travel around with.

I've been lugging my around too. Especially if I'm going somewhere that I expect to spend a little time. With a case/stand and a backpack, it's not much differern't from how I used to lug around my 12 inch laptops (back in the day).

So, a step back in portability, but a huge boost in power and flexitilty.

Hold in mind that if it were not for the Pencil, I would have probably stuck wiht the smaller iPads. I'm not a Pro, but the ability to doodle and take handwritten notes (accurately) has been worth it so far.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been lugging my around too. Especially if I'm going somewhere that I expect to spend a little time. With a case/stand and a backpack, it's not much differern't from how I used to lug around my 12 inch laptops (back in the day).

So, a step back in portability, but a huge boost in power and flexitilty.

Hold in mind that if it were not for the Pencil, I would have probably stuck wiht the smaller iPads. I'm not a Pro, but the ability to doodle and take handwritten notes (accurately) has been worth it so far.

I see. So far, I haven't seen a lot of people with iPad Pros out and about, partly because of its new release. However, I see what you mean when comparing it to a MacBook. Currently, my MacBook Air only has about 4-5 hours of charge, before the battery needs a re-charge. Wish that it could hold a charge of ~ 10 hours like my iPad Air 2! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see. So far, I haven't seen a lot of people with iPad Pros out and about, partly because of its new release. However, I see what you mean when comparing it to a MacBook. Currently, my MacBook Air only has about 4-5 hours of charge, before the battery needs a re-charge. Wish that it could hold a charge of ~ 10 hours like my iPad Air 2! :)
Here's mine at the mall food court.
image.jpeg

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I saw a guy with the Pro the other day at Starbucks... I had mine too. But that's the only one I've seen in the wild except for in stores of course. You're right though... I mean compared to all the 9.7 inch iPads I see all over the place it's rare to see the Pro.

As for battery, I'm pretty satisfied with the battery life I've been getting. Lasts me about 3-5 days of light usage or about two days of heavy use. My idea of heavy use may be different than others though.

Most reactions