The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Spongebob

Spongebob iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I inadvertently dropped my Ipad 1 32gb. Went to Target to replace it with another Ipad 1 and they had Ipad 2's behind the counter, so got a 32GB white.
  2. Rlarson_mn

Rlarson_mn iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got my 32gb white wifi iPad 2 today at a little after noon from the FedEx delivery guy. Did a sync of my old iPad with iTunes, then connected my iPad 2 and the process started with out any issues. The sync did not put all of my applications on the iPad 2 but all of my data and connections to gmail, yahoo mail, drop box, music, pictures and ebooks all were synced. So I just did an install of those applications I have on my original iPad including the purchased applications and my unit is now identical to my original one and running with out a hitch. Fast and great screen refresh rates as well as being brighter than my original iPad with both brightness settings being the same. Another interesting thing my unit sat in HK for almost 36 hours, took another full 48 hours to get here once released. Yet my battery % was at 93% when I started the sync process. Pretty amazing if you ask me. The entire unit is terrific. I got the RED smart cover and it adds the touch of class I wanted with my white unit.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  3. pberny

pberny iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought an Ipad 2 64g Verizon white on 3/11 after waiting for more than 4 hours in line. this was absolutely not the one I wanted but could not walk away empty handed after such a long wait. Last Sunday very much against my will, I returned it to the Apple Store and was desined to wait 3 to 4 weeks until the onw I ordered online would arrive.
    My daughter was sick Monday morning so she did not go to school and I stayed home with her. After going to the pharmacy, we went quickly to Target to buy Kleenex and juice. I could hardly believe it when I asked if they had gotten any Ipads and the answer was... YES, just a minute ago. It was 11 am and the place was almost empty. So, I bought, juice, some yoghurts, juice... oh yes, and an Ipad 2!!!!
    Very happy!!!!!
  4. pberny

pberny iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so you "dropped" the first one????
    Wink, wink. Your secret is dafe with me. ;)
  5. KekszNET

KekszNET iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wow, how many new apple gadget owners... Nice!

I wont buy the new ipad, I guess the old one is quite good for a while, and then we will see ;)
  6. josun

josun iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After more than a week of searching, I finally got an iPad 2 that I wanted. No waking up early in the morning, no waiting in line. I've been calling all nearby Best Buy stores pretty much everyday and one particular store happen to have received a fresh shipment. Most of them were reserved items but the only left over they had was the exact model that I wanted! The entire process was very painful but the result was fruitful. :)
  7. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Good for you!
  8. KneeDragr

KneeDragr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got my iPad 2 yesterday, still havent gotten the plastic off the box and probably wont until this weekend!
    Work is busy and I have a 16 month old at home, so time is very precious.
    Im praying I dont have bad backlight bleeding, and looking forward to Friday after work when I can play with it.
  9. aden

aden iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Same here...No waiting in line,didn't wake up early in the morning or such ...Just was calling the nearby sams club and BINGO ! I GOT MINE TODAY...in less than 15 days after the release..My online order showed a wait time of 5 weeks,which i canceled as i checked out the Ipad !
    And guess what, the price is 11$ less the MSRP, lower sales tax ,no recycle fee as Apple charges on their online ordering.
    16GB ipad 2 -total $488+$40=$528 !
  10. Rbraughn

Rbraughn iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to Best Buy for an SD card, and stumbled across a fresh shipment of 14. Put my SD cards back on the shelf and got a 64 gig wi fi 3G model:D
  11. 24fanatics

24fanatics iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's finally here!!!!!

Fedex guy just left. Getting ready to open the box and set everything up.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  12. ThePhotog

ThePhotog iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Glad they are starting to show up. This is the best iPad forum on the web without a doubt.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  13. jeffreyalan4

jeffreyalan4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad Gods hate me!

I'm cursed!! I've been lining up EVERYDAY for TEN DAYS with no luck. Then a friend who has put 10 MINUTES OF EFFORT gets exactly the model he wants from some dude in LA who has a bunch for sale.

Long story short, I emailed the guy last night and picked up my 64GB ATT today!! it is glorious!

If you're still searching you can try him sale-y4qvr-2280889370@craigslist.org but i dunno what's left.
  14. bristolian12

bristolian12 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lucky Me

I really had some good luck in getting my iPad2 yesterday. I did get up at 3.00am so I could place an order online at 4.00am PDT. It worked well but the quoted shipping date was 15 April in the confirmation email.

Around 4.50pm I was driving to meet my wife and her work colleagues for a meal. I drove by an apple reseller in the east end of Ottawa and there was no sign of a queue. I went into the store and within a few minutes had a ticket for a white 64gb. I was able to leave the store meet my wife and have the meal, then pick up the iPad2 around 7.00pm. Was at home playing with it by 8.00pm after cancelling the online order.

:)
  15. jsa4309

jsa4309 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iPad 2 shipping notification

I tried to get an iPad 2 at Best Buy and Target on 3/12. No luck. Ordered on 3/13 from Apple. First notice said shipment by 4/1. Got a notification that it shipped from China today, 3/26 with delivery 3/31. I thought the parts problems mentioned as a result of the Japan quake might delay. Already have iPad. Getting iPad 2 mainly for Face Time to see grandkids. Wife will keep her iPad. We keep finding new apps that are amazing.
  16. Petersenjp

Petersenjp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got mine Friday. My wife surprised me with an early bday gift before our cruise. I absolutely love it. Wow.

We just went with the 16g black wifi as we are also purchasing iPhones next month. Lol. Guess the bug bit me pretty good
  17. Harters

Harters iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I got my iPad 2 32GB 3G in Black on Friday and im loving it :)

Got it from PCW at Hedge End and was customer number 1 :D

It's my first iPad and I am new to apple products so I have plenty to learn!
  18. lickinfrogz

lickinfrogz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i actually picked up a 32gb black ipad at walmart which is a 6 minute walk from my house, on 3/11. i walked in was third in line out of 6 people,was out in 10 minutes. I did however hear the local best buy had a few hundred people waiting in line. no idea why though,we have 6 walmarts within a 15 mile radius.
    i was surprised there was such a low turnout. worked out for me though.
    so far i love it. i still use my ipad1 for most of my school work though.
  19. solarrdadd

solarrdadd iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i got mine last week thursday and just yesterday got around to setting it up. i love this thing. glad i finally got one. it is a great companion to my iPhone4 despite what some folks say. it's not just a big iTouch, it's a thing in and of itself.

so far i'm very happy with the exception of one thing, the calendar. i love the overall look of it, however, don't know why they used such lightly colored lines and numbers i almost can't see it. too bad they didn't give an option to change the look. the calendar on my iPhone4 is perfect with heavy black lines and black numbers makes it easy as pie to see! that is the only grip i have with the iPad2.

it so far does everything very well, gaming is incredible on it. i'm also getting use to the keyboard; soon i hope to be typing with some real speed! video looks incredible on this thing, despite folks griping about the display, theres nothing wrong with it retina or no retina it is a thing of beauty. one of the things i'm looking forward to is book and magazine reading. i believe this is the thing that will get me into doing that more and i really want to have something that excites me and entertains me more so that i don't mind book reading. of course yes, there will be comic book reading as well!

i use an app to control my pre-amp with and while it's for both my iPhone4 & the iPad2, there is functionality that's only on the iPad version that's really nice and practical. both the iPad2 & iPhone4 work seamlessly with my AppleTV; airplay is really nice! my video podcast on the 55" HDTV look great. i'm very happy with everything (except those damn thin lines on the calendar! :p)

looking forward to finding more good apps and more uses for this thing in my house. i plan on connecting it into the security system for control and video camera viewing too and i can also control my cable HD-DVR too. it's just a real nice thing!

I highly recommend the iPad2 to anyone who doesn't have one and is thinking about getting one and for those who have the first gen and are thinking about it I'll tell you that you won't go wrong should you decide to trade up. of course, yes, you can wait until next year for the iPad3. for me, when that comes out, i'll sell my iPad2 (or give it to my daughter) and get that one. I love my gadgets and so far, Apple makes the best gadgets! i give it a perfect....9 outta 10; yeah, it's that damn calendar holding up perfection with that 1 mentioned earlier!!! ;)
  20. Joybulb

Joybulb iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I figured out that one of the walmarts in my area was getting semi regular shipments of iPads, so starting last Friday I started calling all 3 walmarts in my area and asking about them at lunch time. Both days I found iPads. I sold a 16 gig I got on Friday, and found a black 32 gig this afternoon.