The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Rambler358

Rambler358 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    MacMall was supposed to call me when they got in, but I never got the call by 4pm. So I left work early and headed over to MacMall. Arrived at 4:10pm, and the delivery truck still hadn't arrived. They said if they don't arrive today, it'll either be tomorrow (Sat) or Mon. But if you were on the list (I was), then they'd call me as soon as they arrived.

So I decided I'd head over to my local Best Buy, and wait in line - I was #103 in line when I arrived at 4:20pm. I figured if I got the call from MacMall while I was in line, I'd just head back over there - I like those guys, but the call never came in. So while I waited in the Best Buy line, I was offered an application for a Best Buy card with no interest (same as cash) for 18 months. Why not I figured. And it was approved - sweet! :D

So then came time to tell the guy what iPad I wanted - I told him a black/64GB/AT&T 3G model. He says sorry, all sold out of those. WTF - already?! :( So I opted for the black/32GB/AT&T 3G model - which those were almost gone already, but I got one. And at the same time I also picked up the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and a gray polyurethane Smart Cover. They had a polyurethane and leather smart cover open and out, so people could feel the difference between them. I actually liked the feel of the polyurethane cover better! Good, the saved money over the leather version went towards the keyboard. :)

I end up walking out of Best Buy with my stuff at 6:15pm - not too bad really. Not it's time to setup and play. Being my first Apple device it may take a little while, but I'm a tech geek so no issues. ;) And that's my story...
  2. Ghuda

Ghuda iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not been paying attention so I will just ask....any changes to the keyboard on the new ipad 2?

Specifically Arrow keys?
  3. Anon_Guy

Anon_Guy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So far I really am enjoying it. I'm somewhat bummed all videos must run through iTunes but nonetheless the hardware has a high quality feel. It looks (obviously) sophisticated. Very fast processor, I have no lag times at all. It just "works."

So in short, very happy right now. I really love the iPad news apps. CNN is a must.
  4. ictguy78

ictguy78 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I showed up at my local Target at 4:15pm and was the only one in line. All they had were 5 64gb black wifi only. By 5 there were three of us who bought one. I'm sure the other two devices didn't stay there long. They had no iPad 2 accessories. By 5:15 I was at best buy and there were probably 150 in line. I just wanted accessories but was told I'd have to stand in the same long line and that by the time I got to the front the accessories would be gone. Stopped by Walmart. They only received 4 devices and no accessories. I'm happy that I at least got a device!! I'm thinking that I don't really need the 64gb so I'll likely exchange it within 90 days for a 32gb.
  5. JF7FSU

JF7FSU iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First Post: I got a 32Gb wifi at Best Buy. I passed on the accessories until I get a better idea of what I want. I know I need to cover the back and I think I may leave the front glass naked. Or a folder type cover?
  6. Mplough

Mplough iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Walked into my local Walmart at 6:40 and said, "HEY, got any iPad 2's". They had 16 and 64g model Wifi's, in both colors. Wanted a 32 but got the 64. The local Targets got 5 units each. My Walmart was the only one in the area that had them. Our Verizon store got NONE....very odd.
  7. curlylocdiva

curlylocdiva iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I waited at the Apple store starting at noon. At 2pm they passed out tickets and I was around number 60 I got a 32gb 3G Att White and a pink cover. While we waited in line in the mall they passed out bottled water and Sonic took food orders. I was out of the store by 5:20pm and it was about 400 people in line. I will say Apple employees made sure that everone in line knew what was available and had all units counted for.
  8. cutedame

cutedame iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I waited in line at Apple store fromm 11-5 got the 16gb/wifi/white with pink cover....so far I LOVE IT!
  9. Kdh880915

Kdh880915 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went to a local target at around four and got the 32g black wifi. Wanted the 64g but someone infront of me took the very last one so ended up settling with the 32...

Well as far as first impressions, Internet is so much faster than the original iPad. Actually right away with most apps you can feel it's faster compared to the ipad1. The camera is nothing amazing but no complaints. Should be useful for FaceTime. The screen is supposed to be somewhat antiglare but haven't had the time to check it out yet. Does feel a lot thinner but not as lighter. That's it for now will post more after more time with it
  10. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    That's the thing that SUX about ITunes, it keeps u chained to desktop. Soon enough a jailbreak for ipad2 will come. Them you will be free to add whatever movies u want without iTunes. Or whatever files u want also. Congrats on ur purchase n have fun with it. I know I would..lol
  11. bored2426

bored2426 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went to Wal-mart at 4:20, waited 40 minutes walked out at 5:02 with a black 32GB wi-fi only.
    Very happy about not having to wait in the 300+ line at the Apple Store.
  12. h1611161

h1611161 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool... Customer service has come past the nturnpike of inefficiency and inconsiderate attitude towards customers. Am glad and happy for you people in USA. MAybe it's just because of APPLE! Anyway, Cheers

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  13. Heinz

Heinz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to the Apple Store at Somerset Mall in Troy, MI on Friday at 5:30 pm which had a hughe line when I got there. We were told at my section on the line that the people in front of us had received tickets and that people without ticket had no chance to be served. They said that they might still get a new shipment and suggested to get back on Saturday morning. Today, Saturday I went but all they had were 64GM Verizon versions, which I do not want (am from Europe and need AT&T version - so I can use European provider).
    I called them from home, waited about half an hour on the phone, got to someone who told me they had none for sale and did not know if and when they would get new inventory. I asked them to give me a call when new product arrives and was told that they would not do this and put the phone down. I also called four Best Buy Stores and was told that they were sold out, one of them mentioned that they would reserve one if I would put down a $100 deposit. When I asked if they had a date for delivery, they also said that they did not.
    While strong demand is good for a new product, but poor customer service is not!! I am working in industry and know how supply chains work - not knowing when a shipment is expected is simply untrue!!! A disapointed Apple fan!!!!
  14. Jeff In Den

Jeff In Den iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have 5 Apple stores in the Denver area, a few dozen Walmarts, Targets, Best Buys, ATT stores, etc..and last night they were ALL sold out. Bummed, I drove to the one Micro Center store we have that sells Apple products and asked if they had any left by any miracle. "We only had 10 and they all sold yesterday...." was the response. "But, we may get some today and we are selling vouchers if you want one..?" The voucher models were not what I wanted, so I thanked the lady and started to leave. That's when I saw the big brown UPS truck pulling up infront. Curious, I waited as the driver delivered 3 large boxes and they were rushed into the back and furiously given the once over as they were clearly iPads... I walked back to let the sales lady know her order was in, and she said she didn't think any of my type would be there, but she would check. Out she walks with my 64G Black ATT 3G iPad!! She said it was the only one not reserved with a voucher too! I never get this lucky! Looking forward to charging it up and getting going!

Have a fun day everyone.

Jeff
  15. madhatter61

madhatter61 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Here is the more informative link I have found to describe your new fun machine.

iPad 2 Review - SlashGear

You can also check out the internal layout via ifixit.com
  16. ThePhotog

ThePhotog iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Proud owner of a black 32GB iPad2 as of 5:00pm central time 3/11/2011
  17. Eochs

Eochs iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was first in line at the scottsdale quarter apple store yesterday. Got there at 8:30am... Around noon the line blew up from about 30 people to over 100, and by 5pm it was well over 250.
  18. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, my 32gb white one turned out to be a dud..Thankfully Best Buy still had a few left and the new one's running great! :)
  19. jrowlings

jrowlings iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks to a really nice verizon salesman, they held a 32g black for me so I could make the 90 minute drive. exchange server is set up. syncing music and apps from old iphone now (not expecting all those to work, but who knows...?) and will set up remote desktop and vpn next. sweet...
  20. habeebad

habeebad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My experience

I went to the Wellington Mall,FL at 5:40 on March 11. And when I arrived they had a huge line and an Apple guy came to the end of the line and said that he cant guarantee of any of us getting an ipad 2 but people still stood so of course I hung around. The line was moving very fast and pretty soon I was like in the middle and the guy again came and updated that all 3g models are gone but I wanted a wifi 16 gig so I still stuck around. Finally when it was my turn I went in and they had no more 16 gig so I ended up getting the 32gs one. I must say I never waited in line for anything for any product ever but I liked the whole waiting experience and the thrill of getting it.I only had to wait like an hr and half not much and of course I love it!!:D