What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my IPad 2

Picked mine up at best buy, took 2 hours in line but well worth the wait 16gb black wifi

mikeinrichmond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my 32gb white WiFi version from Best Buy today. About 75 people in line and took me about an hour to get through it...

Very solid feel, got the magnetic cover, but I think I'll return that for the total cover as I can see scratching the back of it up quite a bit picking it up and down frequently.

Had a bit of a glitch settings it up from Win 7 with the Apple Mobile drivers. Once those were updated and rebooted the link was fine.

I'm also noticing that when I plug the iPad in to sync, it works fine, but after I unplug it it start behaving strangely, buttons being pushed, apps starting randomly, and the screen starts jerking around...Hope I didn't get a dud...

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MacMall was supposed to call me when they got in, but I never got the call by 4pm. So I left work early and headed over to MacMall. Arrived at 4:10pm, and the delivery truck still hadn't arrived. They said if they don't arrive today, it'll either be tomorrow (Sat) or Mon. But if you were on the list (I was), then they'd call me as soon as they arrived.

So I decided I'd head over to my local Best Buy, and wait in line - I was #103 in line when I arrived at 4:20pm. I figured if I got the call from MacMall while I was in line, I'd just head back over there - I like those guys, but the call never came in. So while I waited in the Best Buy line, I was offered an application for a Best Buy card with no interest (same as cash) for 18 months. Why not I figured. And it was approved - sweet! :D

So then came time to tell the guy what iPad I wanted - I told him a black/64GB/AT&T 3G model. He says sorry, all sold out of those. WTF - already?! :( So I opted for the black/32GB/AT&T 3G model - which those were almost gone already, but I got one. And at the same time I also picked up the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and a gray polyurethane Smart Cover. They had a polyurethane and leather smart cover open and out, so people could feel the difference between them. I actually liked the feel of the polyurethane cover better! Good, the saved money over the leather version went towards the keyboard. :)

I end up walking out of Best Buy with my stuff at 6:15pm - not too bad really. Not it's time to setup and play. Being my first Apple device it may take a little while, but I'm a tech geek so no issues. ;) And that's my story...

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not been paying attention so I will just ask....any changes to the keyboard on the new ipad 2?

Specifically Arrow keys?

Anon_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Definitely post ur first impressions on it. Quality, performance and versatility!

So far I really am enjoying it. I'm somewhat bummed all videos must run through iTunes but nonetheless the hardware has a high quality feel. It looks (obviously) sophisticated. Very fast processor, I have no lag times at all. It just "works."

So in short, very happy right now. I really love the iPad news apps. CNN is a must.

ictguy78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I showed up at my local Target at 4:15pm and was the only one in line. All they had were 5 64gb black wifi only. By 5 there were three of us who bought one. I'm sure the other two devices didn't stay there long. They had no iPad 2 accessories. By 5:15 I was at best buy and there were probably 150 in line. I just wanted accessories but was told I'd have to stand in the same long line and that by the time I got to the front the accessories would be gone. Stopped by Walmart. They only received 4 devices and no accessories. I'm happy that I at least got a device!! I'm thinking that I don't really need the 64gb so I'll likely exchange it within 90 days for a 32gb.

JF7FSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First Post: I got a 32Gb wifi at Best Buy. I passed on the accessories until I get a better idea of what I want. I know I need to cover the back and I think I may leave the front glass naked. Or a folder type cover?

Mplough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walked into my local Walmart at 6:40 and said, "HEY, got any iPad 2's". They had 16 and 64g model Wifi's, in both colors. Wanted a 32 but got the 64. The local Targets got 5 units each. My Walmart was the only one in the area that had them. Our Verizon store got NONE....very odd.

curlylocdiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waited at the Apple store starting at noon. At 2pm they passed out tickets and I was around number 60 I got a 32gb 3G Att White and a pink cover. While we waited in line in the mall they passed out bottled water and Sonic took food orders. I was out of the store by 5:20pm and it was about 400 people in line. I will say Apple employees made sure that everone in line knew what was available and had all units counted for.

cutedame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waited in line at Apple store fromm 11-5 got the 16gb/wifi/white with pink cover....so far I LOVE IT!

Kdh880915

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to a local target at around four and got the 32g black wifi. Wanted the 64g but someone infront of me took the very last one so ended up settling with the 32...

Well as far as first impressions, Internet is so much faster than the original iPad. Actually right away with most apps you can feel it's faster compared to the ipad1. The camera is nothing amazing but no complaints. Should be useful for FaceTime. The screen is supposed to be somewhat antiglare but haven't had the time to check it out yet. Does feel a lot thinner but not as lighter. That's it for now will post more after more time with it

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Definitely post ur first impressions on it. Quality, performance and versatility!

So far I really am enjoying it. I'm somewhat bummed all videos must run through iTunes but nonetheless the hardware has a high quality feel. It looks (obviously) sophisticated. Very fast processor, I have no lag times at all. It just "works."

So in short, very happy right now. I really love the iPad news apps. CNN is a must.
That's the thing that SUX about ITunes, it keeps u chained to desktop. Soon enough a jailbreak for ipad2 will come. Them you will be free to add whatever movies u want without iTunes. Or whatever files u want also. Congrats on ur purchase n have fun with it. I know I would..lol

Most reactions

Latest posts