What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official "I got my iPad Pro" thread

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know if you are a proud owner of the iPad Pro! Be sure to post your thoughts of the new device as well.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I really kicked around the idea of getting one but just can't justify the cost for features I probably wouldn't use.

iJeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, I really kicked around the idea of getting one but just can't justify the cost for features I probably wouldn't use.
I don't think the Pro was designed for the consumer market. It's the corporate market that Apple wants to take from MS.

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
I like big screens. I went from an iPhone 3 to larger Samsung phones till the 6s plus came out. I used a 12.2 inch Samsung tablet till this morning.
I like using iOS and like its thinness compared to the Samsung.

Miked52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my I Pad Pro today. The keyboard and pencil are still unavailable, and will be shipped in a couple of weeks. I have spent weeks preparing to get it. I have put all the information from my I Pad Air 2 in it and am ready to start using it. It is more than I thought it would be. With my diminishing vision, it is way more easy to see. The vision problem is dealt with with this big screen.
It is even larger than I thought it would be. While it is a "larger" I Pad, it feels much more than the I Pad Air 2. The larger viewing area changes the entire feel of each program. The split screen is much easier to see and work.
For me, it was worth the wait and investment. Others may feel different, and that is fine.
I can tell you, that I spend at least hours a day on my I Pad, every day. Most of the time spent is work, and not play. I have no games on the I Pad. The experience of one day without the pencil and keyboard is very non disappointing. I think the addition of these will be even a better experience.
I did spend much time researching not only the I Pad, but also good workable apps. I spent hours learning the apps. At this point I am extremely satisfied.....and I do not spent this kind of money loosely.
I have no requests or second thoughts of this purchase. For me, it is going to be a workhorse.....I see new apps that are very good, and think the apps will only get better.....paired with the I Pad make it a must have for me

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i'm going through a major bout of depression this week - i'm currently 1/2 way through a week long treatment from the dentist which includes super strong antibiotics, meaning i cant touch alcohol for 2 weeks, and my car has just packed up. so im in pain with no wheels.

but, the arrival of my ipad will cheer me up immensely, so i think im planning on opening it up when my drink curfew has ended and my mechanic fixes my car. that night i'll have a megga party to celebrate all good things :)

(if my wife lets me of course ;) )

scrufy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine came this morning. Feels great. I'm upgrading from a gen 2 retina so big speed boost too.
bugs though. My wifes was stuck in portrait mode for 2 reboots then fine. Mine was looking to be dead at first sleep screen and was unresponsive and blank screen. tried everything... two button reset etc... then let it sit and a half hour later tried it and it just turned on cold booting up when i pressed the button.

Last edited:

John-D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Pro arrived yesterday and I am extremely happy with it. Yes it is heavier than I am used to with my iPad Air but not too so and it can always be used on its stand.

I love the bigger screen and the on screen keyboard for those apps updated for it is a dream with all major 'numeric' functions accessible without changing screens.

One area however that really does need addressing, why oh why is the app icon density on the home screens unchanged at 4 rows of 5. I always thought it was inefficient on the basic iPads but now with all that extra screen space it really needs increasing or at least make it configurable.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Picked up mine from BB yesterday. It had a hard time recognizing my wifi password both at work and at home. Eventually accepted the home pw.

First impressions: very nice. It's light, and very thin. I'm almost afraid it will bend easily. I like the large screen. I can't wait to get the keyboard and pencil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know if you are a proud owner of the iPad Pro! Be sure to post your thoughts of the new device as well.
Sorry about the blank post. Got my white/gold 128Mb wireless Pro on 12 November. I am finding it to be brilliant. Books, movies, magazines and newspapers have taken on a new dimension as has MS Office. Do not hesitate subject to your budget!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Broke down and ordered one through Verizon (because they have a payment plan). I was going to wait until I had saved enough for the full purchase, but the American way of debit won again. :)

Space grey, of course. No pencil or keyboard yet, though the pencil is a sure buy once it becomes generally available. It should be here the end of next week.

The good news, the Verizon rep updated my data plan and re-applied my veteran's discount. The result is that instead of my bill going up $55 dollars, it will only go up about $20, and I get an extra GB of data (6GB total). I had 4 GB plus a 1 GB promotion (that was due to run out in a few months), so it's actually a 2GB jump.

Not bad. Now I only have to endure a week of (nearly terminal) upgrade jealously, instead of four months. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts