What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to Wal-mart at 4:20, waited 40 minutes walked out at 5:02 with a black 32GB wi-fi only.
Very happy about not having to wait in the 300+ line at the Apple Store.

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
catalia said:
...... Apple employees brought us umbrellas when the snow was blowing very hard...then brought us coffee and hot chocolate for the duration...pretty cool.

Cool... Customer service has come past the nturnpike of inefficiency and inconsiderate attitude towards customers. Am glad and happy for you people in USA. MAybe it's just because of APPLE! Anyway, Cheers

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Heinz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the Apple Store at Somerset Mall in Troy, MI on Friday at 5:30 pm which had a hughe line when I got there. We were told at my section on the line that the people in front of us had received tickets and that people without ticket had no chance to be served. They said that they might still get a new shipment and suggested to get back on Saturday morning. Today, Saturday I went but all they had were 64GM Verizon versions, which I do not want (am from Europe and need AT&T version - so I can use European provider).
I called them from home, waited about half an hour on the phone, got to someone who told me they had none for sale and did not know if and when they would get new inventory. I asked them to give me a call when new product arrives and was told that they would not do this and put the phone down. I also called four Best Buy Stores and was told that they were sold out, one of them mentioned that they would reserve one if I would put down a $100 deposit. When I asked if they had a date for delivery, they also said that they did not.
While strong demand is good for a new product, but poor customer service is not!! I am working in industry and know how supply chains work - not knowing when a shipment is expected is simply untrue!!! A disapointed Apple fan!!!!

Jeff In Den

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have 5 Apple stores in the Denver area, a few dozen Walmarts, Targets, Best Buys, ATT stores, etc..and last night they were ALL sold out. Bummed, I drove to the one Micro Center store we have that sells Apple products and asked if they had any left by any miracle. "We only had 10 and they all sold yesterday...." was the response. "But, we may get some today and we are selling vouchers if you want one..?" The voucher models were not what I wanted, so I thanked the lady and started to leave. That's when I saw the big brown UPS truck pulling up infront. Curious, I waited as the driver delivered 3 large boxes and they were rushed into the back and furiously given the once over as they were clearly iPads... I walked back to let the sales lady know her order was in, and she said she didn't think any of my type would be there, but she would check. Out she walks with my 64G Black ATT 3G iPad!! She said it was the only one not reserved with a voucher too! I never get this lucky! Looking forward to charging it up and getting going!

Have a fun day everyone.

Jeff

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know everyone is soaking the paws after waiting in line for so long. But hey while your sitting there how about some Real Life Reviews of the 2. We want to know your impressions, how does it feel? Is it fast as they claim? What’s the first thing you did (other than sync) ? What accessories did you get? Hows the camera? What have you taken pictures of? Can you post? Did you create a YouTube? Can anyone compare the old vs the new? Any bugs so far?
I’m anxious!!

Here is the more informative link I have found to describe your new fun machine.

iPad 2 Review - SlashGear

You can also check out the internal layout via ifixit.com

Eochs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was first in line at the scottsdale quarter apple store yesterday. Got there at 8:30am... Around noon the line blew up from about 30 people to over 100, and by 5pm it was well over 250.

jrowlings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks to a really nice verizon salesman, they held a 32g black for me so I could make the 90 minute drive. exchange server is set up. syncing music and apps from old iphone now (not expecting all those to work, but who knows...?) and will set up remote desktop and vpn next. sweet...

habeebad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience

I went to the Wellington Mall,FL at 5:40 on March 11. And when I arrived they had a huge line and an Apple guy came to the end of the line and said that he cant guarantee of any of us getting an ipad 2 but people still stood so of course I hung around. The line was moving very fast and pretty soon I was like in the middle and the guy again came and updated that all 3g models are gone but I wanted a wifi 16 gig so I still stuck around. Finally when it was my turn I went in and they had no more 16 gig so I ended up getting the 32gs one. I must say I never waited in line for anything for any product ever but I liked the whole waiting experience and the thrill of getting it.I only had to wait like an hr and half not much and of course I love it!!:D

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black 32GB wifi

I got my black 32GB wifi model and a pink smart cover at my local Best Buy. Got there at 1 and was 4th in line. I was really impressed with how smooth the whole process was, Best Buy really did a good job and was very organized. They also seemed to have a good stock on hand. This is my first ipad and I hadn't really played with one very much prior to buying mine. So far I LOVE it. The screen looks great, seems fast (can't compare to the original iPad since I didn't have one), and the touch screen is very responsive.

leena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday shortly after 5. I Waited just under 2 hours total and was one of the first few people in line. I had my pick so I got what I wanted. I also visited an Apple store today and it was crazy. People were crowding around the iPads. Someone was asking about availability and they said they had none but other local apple stores might.

Bigmerf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mines yesterday at the launch a black 32g wifi only version. It's my first apple product since the iPhone 3GS. I am liking it so far.. When I am not home or anywhere that has wifi I tether it through my google nexus s and it works great!

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got my 32 GB IPad 2's yesterday I picked up two cases. The griffen for $38 and the leather black apple smart cover. I tried both briefly and returned the griffen today.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts