What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

White ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dabber said:
How easy is the Zagg cover to put on?
Thanks and congrats!!!

It's easy just use alot of the shield spray I used the hole thing just on the front side. And before u do it I would pull out the camera hole and home button the paper back and all and lay it on top of the screen to get and I idea of where it needs to be for the home button and camera to line up

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

White ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PamEnamel said:
Got mine at Best Buy on Friday. Was about 30th in line. No problem getting my 64g wifi. I chose Best Buy because they were the only ones I knew of who offered a warranty that covered glass breakage. You can do almost ANYTHING under the BB warranty and get it fixed or replaced. With my track record with electronics that's a must. (we won't discuss the kindle in the bathtub incident....)

This is my first ipad and I am in AWE! I've been downloading apps like crazy and trying to figure out all it can do. I just discovered the compass features this morning and it blew my mind. I'm leaving for Europe a week from tomorrow and this is going to keep me highly entertained. Just hope the battery lasts the whole flight! Already have a European charging adapter on board. :)

Pam
If anybody is looking for warranty I would go over to square trade.com i got a 2 year warranty that covers every thing but lost and stolen for 71.99 for my 32gb AT&T ipad2 if anybody is interested us coupon code IPAD40 to get 40% off I don't know how long code is good for so if your going to do it I would do it soon before it ends because it's about 150$ I think before coupon code

lawhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine. I spent some time calling various stores during the day and it paid off; I went to a Target store in a less-than-trendy neighborhood and I was first in line at 4:35! Out the door by 5:10. Pretty sweet.

This is my first Apple product in more than 10 years so I'm having an even more "new" experience than those of you that have owned an iPod or iPhone before.

I love it! It's magical. It's not perfect and there are things I like better about Android. But holy crap the app store is just awesome. The app selection is a billion times better than Android.

PamEnamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pameast.net
White ipad2 said:
If anybody is looking for warranty I would go over to square trade.com i got a 2 year warranty that covers every thing but lost and stolen for 71.99 for my 32gb AT&T ipad2

Aaarrrgggg! That's less than a third of what I paid for my warranty! I wonder if I can "return" my BB warranty?

Pam

anderdea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchased, no lines no issues

I finally pulled the trigger on the iPad 2 (my 1st iPad) and am new to this forum.
I was on my way to Cape Cod Friday night and stopped into the Best Buy in Hyannis, MA at about 6:35 PM. The lines (which I was told initially were long) were gone and I was able to get a black, 32GB, WiFi + 3g (Verizon) and the flip cover in record time. They were out of the light blue covers and I ended up with a gray one which I actually prefer now.

I Ripped a movie to an ipad format and watched it on the way back to Connecticut. Pretty good quality. However I did notice something strange. The part of the cover that doesn't come in contact with the glass, when in place, leaves 3 faint 1/4" wide shadow type lines on the screen. It was really only noticable when the sun was reflecting off the screen or the iPad 2 held at a certain angle. What's strange, is it's appears to be the foldable sections of the cover that doesn't come in contact with the screen that where the lines are visable on the glass. Anyone else see this? It did clean up OK but I see it back again. I'm wondering if maybe the soft felt like material it is made of, might be off-gassing a bit as it's not actually coming in contact with the glass.

Last edited:

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to my campus bookstore this morning assuming they would be out of stock and they were.
I put my name on the waiting list figuring it would be a few weeks before I got a call.
2:00 this afternoon I got the call!!!
I am now the proud owner of a Black 64GB Wi-Fi iPad 2.
Going to my second job now so it will be tomorrow before the grand opening.

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it Sat the 12th

Dropped in to Best Buy. They were sold out but put me on the reserved list. They called an hour later and said it was in. Love it so far. I am new to iPad but had a lot of apps on my iPod touch to sync. I had a lot of people tell me it was silly to buy a"bigger touch" but I have no regrets. Having the word processor alone made it worth the upgrade to me. I am enjoying having the Kindle app linked to the touch which lives in my pocket

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White ipad2 said:
If anybody is looking for warranty I would go over to square trade.com i got a 2 year warranty that covers every thing but lost and stolen for 71.99 for my 32gb AT&T ipad2 if anybody is interested us coupon code IPAD40 to get 40% off I don't know how long code is good for so if your going to do it I would do it soon before it ends because it's about 150$ I think before coupon code

Yes the discount is still Ava. On squaretrade.com I just got one same price as you. Thx for posting

White ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And they do the buy back program like bast buy it prorated so if u get a new I pad in 2 years then u send them your old one and they will give at least 50% after 2 years so 2 years from now I can git about 365$ for my iPad 2 and buy a new one

White ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got really bad OCD and my iPad has to be spotless all the time I was wondering what do you guys use to clean the aluminum I don't know if I should use a wet microfiber cloth or what but it gets fingerprinty really easy and drives my crazy

incognito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine when it was released! Got to Best Buy at 4:20 and walked out with my new buddy at 6:20. So waited about two hours.

I looove my iPad 2!

Sent from my iPad 2!

Spaarty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to Apple products, but the latest 2 that i've picked up (iPhone4 and iPad2), have been pretty impressive to say the least. I lucked out in that a good friend of mine decided to wait the 5 hours in line at his local Apple Store, and offered to pick up my iPad2 for me. What are friends for eh ?? :) I've had mine since release night, and I just can't put the thing down, it's that much fun. Buh-bye laptop.

White ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey have any of u guys noticed if the front glass on ur shiny new iPad 2 Is separating from the back by the home button and that the aluminum by the dock is kinda pushed out just my luck I wait in line for almost 10 hours and I get a lemon I don't know if I should take it back and get my money back and just order online and wait 4 weeks or hope they have some set aside for replacement cause I know they won't have any refurb yet what would u guys do

Most reactions

Latest posts