The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. jhood2323

jhood2323 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I woke up about 8:30 missing the first shipment . So I was pissed because I'm usual at the store by 8. So at 10 am ,I decided to just go anyway and to my luck they received another shipment but of Verzion versions only which was cool. So I copped a white 16 gig.
  2. Jessjoy

Jessjoy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm so disappointed I'm sad I bought my iPad a month before the announcement. Will have to wait until next tax time to get my ipad2
  3. g0t0

g0t0 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got up this morning, sent the kids to school, looked on Craigslist, haggled, bought 16g wifi for 600. Happy with myself. C'MON Greenposi0n! waiting on you!
  4. 1million

1million iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    My wife and I were 6 and 7 in line at our local Best Buy on launch day. I have the white and she has the black with pink Smart Cover. We both love our Ipad 2's. We hardly put them down. No complaints from either of us. Plus my wife (a few days ago) got herself a Mac Book Pro. Also no complaints.
  5. White ipad2

White ipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got to love apple took my iPad 2 in told them what was wrong and they said that they had 1 left it was a white 32 gb Verizon so I took it and was out of the store in 20 min I will never buy nothing but apple from now on they got the best customer service in the world
  6. Jessjoy

Jessjoy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! Congrats on getting a replacement so fast! I'm truly glad you iPad 2 peeps are enjoying your toys, will be an owner in oh about a yr, for now will live with my plain iPad , trying to sell this and xbox kinect to get the new one!
  7. krieger

krieger iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got my new 64GB Black 3G VZ. It's awesome !!!!!!!!!!!! Love to be part of this Forum.

Krieger

PS. No issues, looks great !!!!!!!
  8. justintime

justintime iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got it!!! One week after order on line at 1:30am

Woohoo!!!

Mar 18, 2011 10:32 AM
    Delivered

ALISO VIEJO, CA

Mar 18, 2011 8:51 AM
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    IRVINE, CA

Mar 18, 2011 7:48 AM
    At local FedEx facility
    IRVINE, CA

Mar 18, 2011 2:22 AM
    Departed FedEx location
    OAKLAND, CA

Mar 17, 2011 10:40 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    OAKLAND, CA

Mar 17, 2011 5:35 PM
    Departed FedEx location
    ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 17, 2011 2:16 PM
    Int'l shipment release
    ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 17, 2011 1:51 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 16, 2011 11:55 PM
    At local FedEx facility
    LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 16, 2011 3:46 PM
    In transit
    LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 16, 2011 3:46 PM
    In transit
    LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 15, 2011 2:40 PM
    Left FedEx origin facility
    SHENZHEN CN

Mar 14, 2011 6:12 PM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mar 15, 2011 12:03 AM
    Picked up
    SHENZHEN CN​
  9. MikeVB

MikeVB iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I got my very first Ipad (the 2nd gen. of course) on March 11th/release day at the storied San Francisco Apple Store. I work downtown and walked by on my lunch hour to gage the line -- it was a block long. At 5:30pm after work the line stretched another long city block to the cable car line on Powell St. I figured I didn't have a chance but just for ducks hung out in a few of my favorite watering holes nearby (Lefty O'Doul's, the Daily Grill, the Gold Dust Lounge), watched a basketball game, made a few friends and got a slice, then sauntered a couple of blocks back to the Apple Store where there were now NO LINES and at 9:19pm! YAY!!!

I asked for a 64GB WiFi model and they said they'd "see," but lo and behold they happily came out a minute or two later and presented me with the golden (OK, white) box. It appears most people bought 16GB models so they had a few 64GBs left! The actual purchasing transaction took all of a minute or so with their hand-held machines. After that they took me upstairs and gave me a 30-minute or so personal tutorial and setup with two other buyers - very nice.

I've had it for nine days now and have to admit I have rarely put this thing down. I'm totally gobsmacked at all it can do and does. I've been a dyed-in-the-wool IBM PC/Microsoft guy for 25 years and have been mesmerized by the intuitive operating system. The thing is just chock-a-block with fun and character and may very well be my favorite purchase of just about anything, ever (I'm in my 50s). What technology in this little mini-clipboard package. It is nothing less than amazing -- WOW!

In fact, it's SO good and I've been talking SO much about it to an ex of mine that I may just buy her one (er, the 16GB, OK!?) just because I don't want her to miss out on the experience. And what an experience it is!!!:)
  10. Jessjoy

Jessjoy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, lucky ex....
  11. Jeepin

Jeepin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New to this forum an to iPads! I got mine on Saturday after I reserved it on Wednesday. I got a 16gig white wifi only thru frys electronics in just three days which I think is fantastic and better than waiting on shipments and having to wake up early to go to apple stores...IMO
  12. Fifi1992

Fifi1992 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ilad

I got my ipad yesterday. Still trying to figure things out.
  13. Butterflyrf71

Butterflyrf71 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Unexpected Gift for my Birthday

My husband gave me an iPad 2 for my Birthday just last night, so I am VERY NEW to what it can do other than what I know from owning an iTouch.

My Birthday is in April, and Mother's Day in May, but the poor soul couldn't wait to give it to me, so we exchanged gifts early (I had his gift already but his Birthday & Father's Day is in June)

I was stunned. We don't often buy gifts at all. We pass on ourselves in order to give to the kids (combined we have 4 teens).

I am also disabled, which means this was a very extravagant gift.

There was this moment of hesitation where I was almost afraid to open it, and then he told me what he went through just to find it (used some kind of app to locate one in real time for the past month, then drove two states away just to get it).

So now I feel it is my duty to use it for all it can be. I will be here reading up on all the things I can do with it.

Sorry for the babble; I think I am still in shock :D
  14. bjb148

bjb148 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I purchased my ipad 2 this morning at the Apple store. I saw in these forums that there was a huge shipment coming to all Apple stores on Tuesday. This was my first attempt to buy an ipad 2.

I arrived at the end of the line at around 8:30 am. There were about fifty people ahead of me, some of whom I was told, had been in line since 5 am.

Shortly before 9 am, an Apple employee walked the length of the line which was now out of sight for me (around a corner) and said she thought we would all get ipads. She assured everyone she would notify us as they sold out of various models.

I was able to go in the store about 10:55 am and I bought white, 16gb, ATT 3G plus orange poly cover which was exactly WHAT I WANTED!!

As soon as I was ready to pay for my ipad, cover and keyboard, the network in the store went down. This happened to me when I bought my laptop from Apple - same store. The nice gentlemen who helped me thought it was probably me.

When I left the store around 11 am, I was told they had a few ATT, 3G, 64gb's left. There was no line outside.

Happy new ipad 2 owner
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  15. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    What wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. But you never said what your gift to your husband was.
  16. astaclub

astaclub iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Queue time vs availability-PORTLAND

Hi Folks

can someone let me know whats the iQueue time and availability of IPAD2 in Portland?
    I would like to know what time people are queing and how are they getting? their choice or whatever they want...
    I want a 64GB ATT BLACK....

rgds

AC
    O BTW, I am anti Steve Jobs and anti Apple and always have been HTC fan. this time also, i dont like that Ipad2 has no USB and no flash but still trying to buy one becuase there are no other readily available.
    Notion Ink ADAM is the nearest to match but have not heard people talking that...xoom is too heavy, HTC is bringing only 7"/ BB playbook is book with no apps and last but not the least, Panasonic has no launch date yet....
  17. PatS

PatS iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a sweet gesture. You are blessed
  18. BobLenx

BobLenx iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my first Apple product. Was twelfth in line at BestBuy in Sarasota FL on the 11th. Got 32GB WiFi white. Waited about three hours to get my ticket. In love with it.

Took a few contacts with clever people in a few iPad forums but have it printing to my old HP Deskjet Which is hooked to my laptop via USB cable over my in-home WiFi network.

And with some reading of forums figured out how to get iTunes to point to my laptop folders where my photos videos and music files were located.

Also got DropBox and was easily able to open a lot of PDFs and import them I to iBooks.

Thanks to all the forum posters for the great hints.
  19. Harley man

Harley man iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    i got my ipad 2 on 3-11 i was 5th in line took 3 hrs i got 16/wifi/ black / gray smart cover this my first apple device love it so far
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  20. Butterflyrf71

Butterflyrf71 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks; I am very blessed. Everyday is a new day, and one more than I had yesterday.

My husband's gift was a Slingbox Pro HD - our old one did not support the new "all" digital or any HD channels and he was no longer able to watch his favorite channels while traveling around the globe for work.

He is all happy now, he can watch our tv on his computer or his phone. No more missing the games and Nascar while in Europe!