The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Phine00Del

Phine00Del
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Black 32GB wifi

I got my black 32GB wifi model and a pink smart cover at my local Best Buy. Got there at 1 and was 4th in line. I was really impressed with how smooth the whole process was, Best Buy really did a good job and was very organized. They also seemed to have a good stock on hand. This is my first ipad and I hadn't really played with one very much prior to buying mine. So far I LOVE it. The screen looks great, seems fast (can't compare to the original iPad since I didn't have one), and the touch screen is very responsive.

2. leena

leena
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got mine yesterday shortly after 5. I Waited just under 2 hours total and was one of the first few people in line. I had my pick so I got what I wanted. I also visited an Apple store today and it was crazy. People were crowding around the iPads. Someone was asking about availability and they said they had none but other local apple stores might.

3. Bigmerf

Bigmerf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Got mines yesterday at the launch a black 32g wifi only version. It's my first apple product since the iPhone 3GS. I am liking it so far.. When I am not home or anywhere that has wifi I tether it through my google nexus s and it works great!

4. ThePhotog

ThePhotog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    When I got my 32 GB IPad 2's yesterday I picked up two cases. The griffen for $38 and the leather black apple smart cover. I tried both briefly and returned the griffen today.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

5. White ipad2

White ipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

6. Bigmerf

Bigmerf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Noticed the same, also a lil but of a pain to attach it too

7. hoshnasi

hoshnasi
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I picked up a white 32gb Verizon at an Apple store today after waiting hours. Not speced how I wanted but how can you turn it down??

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Got in line at 11:30am on Friday after driving across the border, got in line 60 people in.

Had a really, really great time and met some amazing people, including the people I drove down with, who I met on the iPadincanada blog. Thank you Disqus!

only issue I had was a screen problem, but was able to return it and get them to swap out a replacement right away. I was worried I'd have to leave sans iPad, but I got really luck.

I'd do it again in a second. I probably will for the iPad 3 ;)

I just need to start saving now, asked my wife for an allowance to put aside so that I don't have to do a mad dash next year to get the cash together.

I wonder when the release will be next year... hmm.

I really, really, really hope they don't double it up this year...

The first iPad I got was really REALLY stiff. I had to get mine replaced and it's a bit better.

But in comparison to the ease of the first, it makes me a bit sad. I really wish it wasn't so stiff.

9. Teerexx52

Teerexx52
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Got mine at Best Buy at 4:30 3/11. They handed out vouchers. I showed up at 4:20 and couldn't believe how few people were there. When I went by our Apple Store the line stretched all around the mall and it was only 2PM. Anyways, happy with my 16GB white wifi.

10. applemike68

applemike68
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I bought my 16gb on Friday at Target, I wanted the 32 but they only had the 64 and 16 and all the 64's were spoken for. After bringing my 16 home, I realized that is not enough room, so I sold it on Ebay today for 650.00 plus shipping. :( Now I can order the 32 GB but have to wait another 3 weeks. On the bright side I did get to play with my 16 over the weekend and realize how great it is.