What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers?

What's on your iPad 2?

• My iPad 2 is naked!

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Apple Smart Cover

Votes: 84 63.2%
  • 3rd Party "Dumb Cover"

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • 3rd Party Smart Cover.

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Homemade cover.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

kofjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just pre order this AYL brand
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QYUHFY]Amazon.com: AYL (TM) Genuine Leather Case Folio with 3-in-1 built-in Stand for Apple Ipad 2nd Generation Tablet/wifi 3G Model 16gb, 32gb, 64gb (Black): Electronics[/ame]

The price is reasonable.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre ordered the pad and quill smart case. Has anyone received theirs yet?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't get the macAlly case

I am looking for a case to protect the back AND activate the smart on/off feature. I thought the MacAlly case had the smart cover option. As I purchased it long before I got my IPAD. It does have a magnet closure however the I2 chooses to ignore it.
the search continues....

Plumdragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an m-edge case, designed for ipad1. I have a thin sheet of foam underneath my 2 to give it the extra thickness it needs so it won't fall out of the case...and a very strong, very flat magnet attached to the inside flap of the case with purple masking tape. It works perfectly! The only time it doesn't is when I take the iPad out and forget to put it back in the right way...camera on bottom doesn't work too well for several reasons! I'll eventually get a case designed for the 2, but this will do just fine for now.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my pad and quill case today... The octavo. Quality of it is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Treegloo...?

I am looking for a case to protect the back AND activate the smart on/off feature. I thought the MacAlly case had the smart cover option. As I purchased it long before I got my IPAD. It does have a magnet closure however the I2 chooses to ignore it.
the search continues....

Treegloo alleges as well?

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ZooGue iPad 2 Case Genius

I just ordered the

ZooGue iPad 2 Case

promo code ZGRUIZ2 for 20% off and after April 4, the promo code still gets you free shipping :)

Here is a youtube review on it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeZVM3xpasg]YouTube - Zoogue iPad 2 Case Review[/ame]

I got it for $44.98 out the door :)

Can't wait to try this out!

Thanks,
xavier32178

Butterflyrf71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre- ordered a smart cover enhancer from Xgear. CNet released a review of cases and that is how I researched.

Something didn't sit right with me on the Marware site. That mix up with the price over the 360 degree case made me leery.

Reading the AppAdvice news I found out that handhelditems.com has iPad 2 stuff in stock. Just looked and prices are not bad.

I also heard from a rep at Boxwave. A longer stylus is in the works (for those of us that have health issues concerning hand use).

Last edited:

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre- ordered a smart cover enhancer from Xgear. CNet released a review of cases and that is how I researched.

Something didn't sit right with me on the Marware site. That mix up with the price over the 360 degree case made me leery.

Reading the AppAdvice news I found out that handhelditems.com has iPad 2 stuff in stock. Just looked and prices are not bad.

I also heard from a rep at Boxwave. A longer stylus is in the works (for those of us that have health issues concerning hand use).

I also ordered that to go along with the Smart Cover I bought from Apple. I figured it would be great to have a few case options in case I didn't like one of them :)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, the game has changed again. The Joy case seemed like a good option but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Something about the cheap looking glossy plastic and the fact that it turns the iPad back into a dirty gray.

Now Marware has updated their site and has 5 colors for the MicroShell back cover! Last time I looked they only had black. The silver looks pretty good, and it has a matt surface that I think will feel better in the hand. It also seems to have better corner protection...

MicroShell iPad 2 case

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
OK, the game has changed again. The Joy case seemed like a good option but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Something about the cheap looking glossy plastic and the fact that it turns the iPad back into a dirty gray.

Now Marware has updated their site and has 5 colors for the MicroShell back cover! Last time I looked they only had black. The silver looks pretty good, and it has a matt surface that I think will feel better in the hand. It also seems to have better corner protection...

MicroShell iPad 2 case

I can't pull the trigger on $40 for a piece of hard plastic. That don't cover the front and don't have a stand.

burntice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am feeling this big time...head rest, front and back coverage, sleep feature and a stand! It does everything that I was looking to get 2 cases to do.... Not sure I can go naked for 2-3 weeks...uggh Anyone know of anything similar?

I just ordered the

ZooGue iPad 2 Case

promo code ZGRUIZ2 for 20% off and after April 4, the promo code still gets you free shipping :)

Here is a youtube review on it!

YouTube - Zoogue iPad 2 Case Review

I got it for $44.98 out the door :)

Can't wait to try this out!

Thanks,
xavier32178

Hoonjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Targus 360 Vuscape

I bought this one as it fits all my needs. However the stench of the fake suede they use is terrible. I'm going to let it air out for a few days otherwise I'll have to return it. Might have to try the Zoogue.

Most reactions

Latest posts