What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers?

What's on your iPad 2?

• My iPad 2 is naked!

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Apple Smart Cover

Votes: 84 63.2%
  • 3rd Party "Dumb Cover"

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • 3rd Party Smart Cover.

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Homemade cover.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

Kaps77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Griffin Technology started shipping their iPad 2 cases yesterday. I ordered their Elan Folio and it's being delivered on Tuesday.

Kaps

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a MicroShell Folio Black iPad 2 case (magnetic case) on order from Marware: iPad 2 Cases

It is supposed to ship week of 3/28. Looks like they raised the price $15 since I ordered on 3/14.

Now i'm confused. Is that the same Mareware case that Mavericko is getting for $30 with free shipping?

Do you have a link for Mavericko? I ordered the same case from MacMall but it's on backorder.

MacMall | Marware MicroShell Folio Slim Case for iPad 2 - Black 602956008569

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a MicroShell Folio Black iPad 2 case (magnetic case) on order from Marware: iPad 2 Cases

It is supposed to ship week of 3/28. Looks like they raised the price $15 since I ordered on 3/14.

Now i'm confused. Is that the same Mareware case that Mavericko is getting for $30 with free shipping?

Do you have a link for Mavericko? I ordered the same case from MacMall but it's on backorder.

MacMall | Marware MicroShell Folio Slim Case for iPad 2 - Black 602956008569

Sorry for the confusion, Mavericko is a forum member who posted on the previous page.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 Here a nice case for smart cover users.

front_7.jpg

http://www.thejoyfactory.com/products/protection/smartfit2-41.html

Last edited:

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at the left side of the case( the side that says joy) ... It's open.

Marware, and xgearlive also have one. I was going to order one from the joy factory, but the were playing the high shipping price game. They wanted a pretty penny for standard ups ground shipping. I went to xgearlive and ordered from them.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ordered a Yoobao slim leather case which also supports the smart function.

jellybean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Just bought a Red Yoobao slim leather case for my black ipad 2 for 42 bucks just this morning. From reviews, it looks well made and has a smart function too.

Was originally going to get phantom clear back and the apple smart cover but quickly canceled once I saw the Yoobao reviews for the ipad 2. Reminds me alot of the official apple case for the ipad 1 but with leather and smart functions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHUK4CRNAk&feature=related[/ame]

Attachments

• 41ZgXIPxydL.jpg
    41ZgXIPxydL.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 266
  • 41MTasTwP5L.jpg
    41MTasTwP5L.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 41rS1WKoh3L.jpg
    41rS1WKoh3L.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 41iKsZR5MkL.jpg
    41iKsZR5MkL.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 41xdTg8CV2L.jpg
    41xdTg8CV2L.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marware, and xgearlive also have one. I was going to order one from the joy factory, but the were playing the high shipping price game. They wanted a pretty penny for standard ups ground shipping. I went to xgearlive and ordered from them.

I still can't get past the fact that the xgearlive version comes off the corner of the iPad when the guy just lifts it up, in their own demo video. It must be the slits in the corners of the case that don't hold tight.

The Joy case looks identical but has solid corners. Maybe it stays on better? Guess I'll wait for some reviews.

anderdea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Proporta makes cases for a number of items and here is one they are offering for the iPad 2 http://www.proporta.com
You will have to selest Apple on the side menu and then the iPad 2 to see the info. What I like about it is the thin Aluminum plate sandwiched between the front cover to protect the display. A bit expensive ($84.95) but they do offer one for less money
($47.95) without the aluminum plate. I am very partial to this company as I had one on my original Archos 7 and was very impressed with the quality and stiching of the leather. The Aluminum version will also put the iPad 2 to sleep. This is probably what I'll go for when it starts shipping. I too had the gray smart cover and ended up returning it to Best Buy.

Last edited:

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I still can't get past the fact that the xgearlive version comes off the corner of the iPad when the guy just lifts it up, in their own demo video. It must be the slits in the corners of the case that don't hold tight.

The Joy case looks identical but has solid corners. Maybe it stays on better? Guess I'll wait for some reviews.

Maybe they posted this for you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_jvDPVH5A&feature=player_embedded#at=14

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Maybe they posted this for you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_jvDPVH5A&feature=player_embedded#at=14

I already saw that. But the plunger is lifting the back from the center which would pull the corners together, holding the iPad secure.

The same guy then demos the case in the other video, and when he picks it up from the edge of the iPad the corner of the cover pulls off. He just quickly pushes it back on and continues the demo. They really should reshoot that video as it's not a very good sales demo. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts