What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers?

What's on your iPad 2?

• My iPad 2 is naked!

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Apple Smart Cover

Votes: 84 63.2%
  • 3rd Party "Dumb Cover"

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • 3rd Party Smart Cover.

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Homemade cover.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
burntice said:
I am feeling this big time...head rest, front and back coverage, sleep feature and a stand! It does everything that I was looking to get 2 cases to do.... Not sure I can go naked for 2-3 weeks...uggh Anyone know of anything similar?

I kinda not like when edges encroach upon iPad trim , like this does unfortunately:(

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just spoke with Otter. They expect to roll out their iPad2 case in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be alright until then. From what I hear, they are the best on the market as far as protection and durability.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ThePhotog said:
I got a natural tan leather smart cover at Wal-Mart for $39.97 they priced them wrong Lucky me

Don't you love Human Error in "our" favor?!?

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:
Hopefully I'll be alright until then. .

I take it you got your iPad today...? Hope u didn't assault the mail man today.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reseller

Just spoke with Otter. They expect to roll out their iPad2 case in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be alright until then. From what I hear, they are the best on the market as far as protection and durability.

The only problem with otter is that you have to buy from resellers. They are great cases, but they are just toooooooo expensive. I bought my iphone 3g otter off flebay for 30. My friend paid 60 from the mall, but on the site, they were 65 in 09! UGH! Guess I'll wait til it on Appl-zon!

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Correct!!! No, I didn't have to use force :)
I am LOVING this thing. When it first came out I honestly had NO desire to purchase it. Then when all the hype started about the launch of IPAD2 I got "caught up.". Then I watched the launch with Steve Jobs and THAT WAS IT! I had to have it. Waiting these 3 weeks was pure torture because I reside in the microwave world; "I Want It Now!"
I signed up with Otter to receive an email when their hard case is available. This IPad is AWESOME!! Just the fact that I can access my work (and other computers) via "Go To My PC" makes it worth it.
I'm glad I found this site so I can suck the knowledge out of "iPad veterans" like yourself. I'll be on this thing ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, AT&T had some (for iPad 1) but none for the second one. So when I phoned AT&T the rep said he didn't think they were out yet because he was waiting for it also. He's the one who directed me to Otter. I was honestly thinking about getting one now because (#1) it's on sale with free shipping and (#2) I doubt that I will be using the camera on this thing. The rep at AT&T said that might be the only difference. What do you guys think?

swaggapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hoonjr said:
I bought this one as it fits all my needs. However the stench of the fake suede they use is terrible. I'm going to let it air out for a few days otherwise I'll have to return it. Might have to try the Zoogue.

Yes mine smells too but it is bearable after about a week...lol

Butterflyrf71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also plan to get an Otterbox. It is simply the best protection for travel.

My step daughter and I were in an Apple store where a clerk threw his iPhone across the room. Not a joke.

He had the Otterbox Defender case on it.

Actions spoke clearly that day. She has the same Otterbox on her iPhone and has dropped it several times with no ill affects.

Not that I plan to drop or throw my iPad :)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also plan to get an Otterbox. It is simply the best protection for travel.

My step daughter and I were in an Apple store where a clerk threw his iPhone across the room. Not a joke.

He had the Otterbox Defender case on it.

Actions spoke clearly that day. She has the same Otterbox on her iPhone and has dropped it several times with no ill affects.

Not that I plan to drop or throw my iPad :)

Did somebody catch it or did he just throw it and let hit the floor or the wall?

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things about the otter box except for the price and the weight.

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the XGear Smart Cover Enhancer Clear on order. It's supposed to ship on the 18th. Until then I have the Unique Skins full protection clear skin. It is basically like the Zagg Invisible Shield (front and back). I think the smart cover and the clear skin film should keep me safe while I wait to also add the XGear Enhancer. What I like about my setup is that it adds little weight and thickness to the iPad while not covering up it's great looks. I also think having a nice skin like the Zagg or the Unique Skins will further protect the iPad and protect you further should the smart cover or enhancer case miss something.

Most reactions

Latest posts