What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers?

What's on your iPad 2?

• My iPad 2 is naked!

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Apple Smart Cover

Votes: 84 63.2%
  • 3rd Party "Dumb Cover"

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • 3rd Party Smart Cover.

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Homemade cover.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Max said:
I was very hesitant to buying the smart cover hence the no back protection flaw and the only thing available over the counter right now is belkins elan folio cover at best buy. (that's case stinks in so many ways)
I never liked ordering stuff like this since I wanna be hands on and see what I get.
I gave up and dragged my butt two blocks down to the apple store here in San Francisco and got the grey cover, and stopped in at the hardware store for some transparent contact paper.
Worked out pretty good (and cheap). The edges might not at a close inspection go for attractive, but hey, it fills it's purpose.

Did you really apply contact paper to the back of your iPad?

allen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I m leaning toward to the grove case, anyone has experience with their products?

yanks66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still using the original ipad case. However, my ipad2 is swimming in it as if it went on a diet. I'd like to see the same case, but updated to fit its sexy slim fugure :D
Bobbi

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Max said:
I was very hesitant to buying the smart cover hence the no back protection flaw and the only thing available over the counter right now is belkins elan folio cover at best buy. (that's case stinks in so many ways)
I never liked ordering stuff like this since I wanna be hands on and see what I get.
I gave up and dragged my butt two blocks down to the apple store here in San Francisco and got the grey cover, and stopped in at the hardware store for some transparent contact paper.
Worked out pretty good (and cheap). The edges might not at a close inspection go for attractive, but hey, it fills it's purpose.

Did you really apply contact paper to the back of your iPad?

Nope, I applied contact paper to the back of my iPad. :) that's what contact paper is made for and what the iPad needs...

Lovenpain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought that rocket fish laptop shell for my iPad 1. Found out it wouldn't fit the iPad 2.had to sell it along with my ipad1! :( I too bought the grey smart cover. What really sucks for me is that I can't ha e the smart cover too close to my body. Cause I have a implant/pain pacemaker it messit up! Didn't think I was going to face this issue with having the new iPad. Apple should have put put a disclaimer or thought about that situation for people like me IMO.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1000000163.JPG

Just now looking from a none iphone screen. you did a fairly awesome job. I would have $&%ed it up! :D

Mavericko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware has a MicroShell folio that has a smart cover on the front. Wish it was already shipping: MicroShell Folio Black iPad 2 case

That case looked very good, until I saw the price. It's a good combination of protection and the use of smart cover but I think it's grossly over-priced.

I got mine for about $30 shipped from 602956008569 Marware MicroShell Folio Slim Case for iPad 2, Black

They are back ordered but it's the lowest price I've found for a great looking solution in my opinion.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lovenpain said:
I bought that rocket fish laptop shell for my iPad 1. Found out it wouldn't fit the iPad 2.had to sell it along with my ipad1! :( I too bought the grey smart cover. What really sucks for me is that I can't ha e the smart cover too close to my body. Cause I have a implant/pain pacemaker it messit up! Didn't think I was going to face this issue with having the new iPad. Apple should have put put a disclaimer or thought about that situation for people like me IMO.

Someone discovered there are like 20??? magnets in it. I would take it back because there are other companies, which are making innovations of the smart cover. Someone without magnets because of a backing. I gotta macally bookstand. I hope you haven't thrown away your wrapping. I'll review it for you on tuesday when it arrives. (the case that is).

Also I pray you great healing and recovery!!!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware has a MicroShell folio that has a smart cover on the front. Wish it was already shipping: MicroShell Folio Black iPad 2 case

That case looked very good, until I saw the price. It's a good combination of protection and the use of smart cover but I think it's grossly over-priced.

I got mine for about $30 shipped from 602956008569 Marware MicroShell Folio Slim Case for iPad 2, Black

They are back ordered but it's the lowest price I've found for a great looking solution in my opinion.

Wow, the same place has the Marware micro shell back cover for $19. It's $39 on the Marware website.

Most reactions

Latest posts