What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
saw this online while browsing through... are these JB for iPad 2 fake?

3 X W.dvdtoipads.com/ipad-jailbreak/how-to-jailbreak-ipad-2.html

3 X W.shaswatpatel.com/how-to-jailbreak-ipad2-solution-and-challenges/

Yup, there's a ton of fakes out there that's just looking for traffic to their sites..
Believe me, when it's really out you will hear about it!

Also, never ever pay for a jailbreak or unlock, any hack worth knowing about (and even some you don't wanna know about) are all created under the pretense that information should be free...
There's always some Dick or Joe that wants to cash in on other people's work.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@geNe36

Pretty much what the 2 posts above me said.

Bookmark this thread I'm sure it'll be announced here

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRager said:
So any iPad 2 users who don't want to be RESTRICTED by apple and wish to jailbreak their device so they are free to use THEIR device how they please should not update their iPad 2 to the latest iOS (4.3.1) version as the iPad 2 jailbreak looks like it's only for 4.3

Damn, I updated my iPad 2 to 4.3.1.
Just a question to you all; Do you think there will be a jailbreak for 4.3.1?
I think I rather downgrade the firmware than wait for a 4.3.1 jailbreak. Is that possible?

Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Damn, I updated my iPad 2 to 4.3.1.
Just a question to you all; Do you think there will be a jailbreak for 4.3.1?
I think I rather downgrade the firmware than wait for a 4.3.1 jailbreak. Is that possible?

At some point there will be a jb for 4.3.1, or whatever iOS is new at the time of release. The main open question at the moment is, whether comex will just release the jb for 4.3, or try to find another solution for 4.3.1 directly.

I am in a similar situation and spent 2h trying to downgrade, just in case.. Simple task, you would assume: Download 4.3 and then use it to restore the iPad. But alas no, after 5 attempted and may I add, successful restores is the iPad still on 4.3.1. Just don't ask me why.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
At some point there will be a jb for 4.3.1, or whatever iOS is new at the time of release.

I agree that there will be a jb for any iOS version out there, it's just a matter of how long this will take, I do hope that 4.3.1 does get jb soon, however I didn't update just in case, I do this will all my idevices.

The norm is when you buy a new idevice don't upgrade the iOS if you intend to jb.

whether comex will just release the jb for 4.3, or try to find another solution for 4.3.1 directly.

Let's hope he releases the jb for iOS 4.3 :)

I am in a similar situation and spent 2h trying to downgrade, just in case.. Simple task, you would assume: Download 4.3 and then use it to restore the iPad. But alas no, after 5 attempted and may I add, successful restores is the iPad still on 4.3.1. Just don't ask me why.

There is a way to downgrade but I'm afraid that's only possible if you have already saved your shsh (from what I know).

However it is too late to save the shsh for iOS 4.3 but not too late for iOS 4.3.1 so you might as well do that while we wait for the jb.

Reaction score
iRager said:
There is a way to downgrade but I'm afraid that's only possible if you have already saved your shsh (from what I know).

However it is too late to save the shsh for iOS 4.3 but not too late for iOS 4.3.1 so you might as well do that while we wait for the jb.

Apple still signs 4.3 restores, as that is what firmware I downloaded and then restored using the Shift-trick. But after restoring I made a mistake and restored from my iPad 1 backup, which I assumed to still be on 4.3, as I don't recall updating. I have no idea why the iPad 1 is running 4.3.1 as well.

The restore done via iTunes seems a bit hazy to me. For me it involves two restores, first restoring just the firmware and then a second restore for restoring any backup. Very strange, it would be more time-effective to restore from a previous backup directly.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh ok didnt know that apple was still signing iOS 4.3 I assumed that they stop once the new iOS is released.

Let us know how you go with downgrading, hope it all works out

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh right, I now found the right firmware BUT; error 3194. And google tells me that this error only occurs when Apple stopped signing the firmware.
Is there a way to downgrade without using iTunes?

Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Does someone know where I can find the iOS 4.3 firmware for the iPad 2?
I always download the firmware at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware
There are three 4.3's. I have tried two now, they seem not to be compatible.

The 4.3 firmwares used to work, but since Apple stopped signing them, they cannot be installed without 4.3 SHSH blobs, which is most likely the reason you cannot install them anymore.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 4.3 firmwares used to work, but since Apple stopped signing them, they cannot be installed without 4.3 SHSH blobs, which is most likely the reason you cannot install them anymore.

Damn.. And there is no other way to downgrade? I read on sites about turning it in DFU mode and things like that.

Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Damn.. And there is no other way to downgrade? I read on sites about turning it in DFU mode and things like that.

Sadly there is no other way to downgrade.

Putting a device into DFU mode let's you install a jailbreak on the currently installed firmware, but it doesn't allow downgrading.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly there is no other way to downgrade.

Putting a device into DFU mode let's you install a jailbreak on the currently installed firmware, but it doesn't allow downgrading.

Pity. Ok than I have to be patient and wait till a jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 comes out.
Thanks for all the information everyone.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
euugenn said:
@iRager: one question: how many paid apps have you installed for free?

if none or just a few - then I am sorry to put you in the bucket with everyone else.

otherwise, please shut up and continue being "unrestricted" by not paying for apps.

euugenn said:
if there weren't people who bought the apps in the first place to suport developers to create more and more apps you wouldn't need to jb your device in the first place because there wouldn't be any apps to start from.

From your quotes, you obviously have no clue what jailbreak does lol, your one of the sad few that think jail breaking is all about free apps, pity.

euugenn said:
if you can't afford a ferrari, do you steal one? no - because you go to jail

Wow nice comparison.

FYI apple DOES restrict its customers, if your blind enough not to see it that doesn't mean everybody else is

Why is it I cant send images over bluetooth with an iphone while every other mobile device (including a $50 nokia) allows it?

Why wasnt the iphone 3G capable of sending MMS?

Why is customisation on every other device so easy yet its so hard on an apple device?

With jailbreak I can set my own themes, was this a standard with iOS?

Before iOS 4.0 we couldnt even sort our apps into folders, again with jailbreak this was possible.

With jailbreak I can send and receive files over bluetooth, with standard iOS i cant.

Not everybody that jailbreaks their device is after free apps (as you wrongly accused me of doing), jailbreak offers customisation, it offers the freedom to use your device as you please.

Without jailbreak we are restricted, simple.

Why was jailbreak made legal?

"Apple fought hard against the legalisation, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rule."

Many apps that have been rejected by apple (or as apple puts it they werent rejected, they were "not accepted") are available through jailbreak.

Its a fact that jailbreak gives you freedom, try it yourself one day.

Try My3G, for example, an app thats allows facetime over 3G rather than restricting it to WiFi.

I dont accuse you of anything so dont go accusing me either!

Jailbreak allows many things that standard iOS doesnt, its a fact, get over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts