What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a link for that? I thought it wasn't. I haven't upgraded because I figure that I can always update, but not downgrade. If it was patched then he should just release it, because there's no reason to keep it a secret anymore.
Before you upgrade, just run tinyumbrella and you can always downgrade if they release the JB for 4.3 (if apple is still signing 4.3 - Im unsure)
This is from his twitter account:
As noticed by @0naj, my kernel exploit was fixed in 4.3.1. about 10 hours ago via web

Last edited:

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountaingamer said:
Before you upgrade, just run tinyumbrella and you can always downgrade if they release the JB for 4.3 (if apple is still signing 4.3 - Im unsure)
This is from his twitter account:
As noticed by @0naj, my kernel exploit was fixed in 4.3.1. about 10 hours ago via web

Ah thanks. I thought you had to be jailbroken to do that.

Why has he not released it then? It's fixed, Apple knows about it. I don't see a reason why not?

JadamPhoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read here that the jailbreak for 4.3.1 is out. But they don't link to it in the article...

I would post a link but I don't have enough posts :p. Just google iPad 2 jailbreak pwnagetool. There a a few articles in the news section about it.

Reaction score
JadamPhoto said:
I read here that the jailbreak for 4.3.1 is out. But they don't link to it in the article...

I would post a link but I don't have enough posts :p. Just google iPad 2 jailbreak pwnagetool. There a a few articles in the news section about it.

Except that it seems to be a false alarm. The current 4.2 pwnagetool doesn't work with iPad 2.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a bunch of sites that are trying to get traffic driven to them. I was almost fooled as well.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to remember just because it's a jailbreak for iOS 4.3 or 4.3.1 doesn't automatically mean it'll work with ipad2. Ipad2 hardware is different so it'll need a completely different/new jailbreak for it alone unless they merge it with the ipad1 jailbreak methods somehow. Or if the program will recognize anther u have an ipad1 or 2. I'd make sure it says ipad2 compatible b4 trying anything to be on the safe side.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish comex would release the iPad 2 Jailbreak already! He said apple patched it in 4.3.1, but I'm sure most people know not to upgrade if they were wanting to Jailbreak anyways. So now where just waiting for him to package it up or whatever he does. 4.3 iPad 2 Jailbreak hopefully coming soon...

Sent from my Amazingly, incredible iPad 2

Runner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is he planning to still release the JB for 4.3? Can't wait:)

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this happen often? It just seems bizarre that they're not anxious to release it immediately. There were rumors on @comex's feed about a possible rat that is feeding Apple the jailbreaks... I'm almost losing hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts