What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForums Official iPad3 (iPad 3rd Generation) Jailbreak Thread!

§- This post is regularly kept up to date. It is not necessary for you to read all the pages in the thread to get the latest official updates (unless you want to ;)). News will always be reflected in the first post as soon as we are aware of it! =§

25 May 2012

Hurray!

The good news is that the jail break for iOS 5.1.1 has been released!

Please get your Absinthe 2.0 jail breaking tool from here: Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! | greenpois0n.com. Follow the instructions given by the Dev Team and you are good to go.

Note that this jailbreak is supported on these devices:

Pad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3

iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1

iPod3,1 – 4,1

(Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)

As always, please consider giving a donation to the Dev Team. It encourages them to keep developing new tools for us to use.

Happy jail breaking!

EDIT TO ADD: Absinthe 2.0.1 has been released. If you are having troubles jail breaking your iPad, download this version and try again. NOTE: If you have already jail broken your iPad with Absinthe 2.0, you do NOT need to re-run this tool. This update is only a change to the tool to apply the jail break, not the jail break itself.

Can I jailbreak my iPad3?
You can only jailbreak your iPad3 if it currently has iOS Version 5.1.1 installed on it. There is no jailbreak for any other versions. The iPad3 hardware coupled with IOS5 software is a very challenging platform to develop a jailbreak for. The existing jailbreak for 5.1.1 took many months of effort. The jailbreak community NEVER gives release dates / ETA's for future jailbreaks, so there is absolutely no point in asking when the next jailbreak will be released. Nobody will know until it gets very very close!

I have version 5.1.1! How do I jailbreak?
Congratulations! You will need to use the Absinthe 2.0.1 tool to jailbreak your device which takes between 5 and 30 minutes in total depending on the amount of data on your device. The latest version of Absinthe can be downloaded from here:Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! | greenpois0n.com
If you need some help with the process, see our tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...ilbreak-ipad2-ipad3-5-1-1-absinthe-2-0-a.html

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Including me too leelai! :)

That's right I did see you were getting one too, you lucky thing, won't be long now!
I bet you'll be looking outside a lot today, waiting for the delivery!

mata7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
today i sold my ipad 2 and got my new ipad, no am waiting for the big news, btw love the new ipad

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what can u do with a jailbreaked ipad3?, and what can u loose if u do it (icould for example?)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread, f4780y. Just subscribing so I can keep watch easier (although, it's not like I'm not going to haunt all the regular sites... :) ).

I'm going to be patient, because there is no way in Hades I could ever develop a jail break. I am so impressed with the coding skills. And now, there are supposedly four different JBs for iOS 5.1 (and the iPad3)! Kewl.

Now, off to put on my "patience cap" - and tie it tightly on! :D

Marilyn

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the best iPad 3 hacking specific forums out there besides this one.
I am an android guy but couldn't deny the quality of this tablet. Thx in advance for any help ;)

Sent from SyNaPtiC's PaD

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are a very powerful person. I noticed my reply missing from the original thread. Could you have copied it and left the original, or at least replaced my post with a statement directing the user to where it was moved to?!

Jaben2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I waited long enough. Someone release the jailbreak already. :eek:
I am obviously joking. Just looking forward to this being out a lot sooner than what the wait was for the iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts