What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 4.3.5 released - Stay away jailbreakers!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has surprisingly just released IOS 4.3.5.

Apparently if fixes a certificate verification bug, however everyone should steer clear if you want to jailbreak.

4.3.5 will still JB tethered using redsn0w, but iPad2 users will have no joy with this firmware.

We are still waiting to hear if the baseband has been updated, rendering the iPad2 3G respite using TinyUmbrella useless.

Stay tuned!

In the meantime I have updated the downloads sticky with links - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like the baseband versions remain unchanged, so provided that is the case, notcom should be able to update his TinyUmbrella 4.3.x respite for iPad2 3G owners, meaning if you need to downgrade and you have 4.3.3 blobs, you should be able to. notcom is currently on vacation, so nobody should try it out yet until there is an update of TU!

Last edited:

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please explain this to me. Speak to me like I'm 5, so I can get the full understanding. Are you saying the iPad2 will not function anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, an iPad2 can never be bricked. What this means is you should not update to 4.3.5 if you want to jailbreak.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
O. Ok. Maybe you can help. My husband's iPad 2 started malfunctioning shortly after signing up for the data plan. After several unsuccessful attempts to factory restore it won't even power on anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
notcom has released TinyUmbrella 5.00.07 with support for iPad2 users wanting to install 4.3.3. Provided you have your saved SHSH Blobs, this new TU will help you restore as long as Apple are signing 4.3.5 (the current firmware)

More details and the download here - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Kenilik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
notcom has released TinyUmbrella 5.00.07 with support for iPad2 users wanting to install 4.3.3. Provided you have your saved SHSH Blobs, this new TU will help you restore as long as Apple are signing 4.3.5 (the current firmware)

This really surprises me! I would have sworn Apple monitor and know more about the JB scene than 99% of the members of this forum - and if so you'd think they'd have fixed this loophole in 4.3.5. Perhaps they don't care about us as much as I thought they did! :(

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found a video on how to jailbreak 4.3.5 using the current version of Redsn0w but to have it load the 4.3.4 firmware. it will be a tethered jailbreak but for those of us who did not notice the ".5" getting slipped in there it is our best option.

I am working on it now and if all goes as it shows i will report back... DAMN YOU APPLE!

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WORKED

Linky ---- > ~ moderated - don't promote external blogs - please review our rules ~

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am sorry. i was am in no way affiliated with that website. i was just trying to help out.

also i would advise against it because i have had nothing but troubles all morning everytime i respring.... i am restoring as we speak...

Skyyie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an ipad2 jail broken previously and I have the shsh 4.3.3 saved on Cydia.
Due to my iPad crashed, I have to restore and it automatically update to 4.3.4.
I tried one of your tutorial to downgrade my ipad2 3G+wifi 64gb but before when it's about to restore the prompt an error of 20 that stop my restore from starting.
Should I upgrade to 4.3.5 before downgrade to 4.3.3?
Need urgent help before apple change their iso to higher version.
Skyyie

oodude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found a video on how to jailbreak 4.3.5 using the current version of Redsn0w but to have it load the 4.3.4 firmware. it will be a tethered jailbreak but for those of us who did not notice the ".5" getting slipped in there it is our best option.

I am working on it now and if all goes as it shows i will report back... DAMN YOU APPLE!

I did this this morning and now iBooks crashes. Anyone know of a fix? The old Cydia iBook fix thing did not work.

Most reactions