What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

euugenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are all very poor arguments - I can't even consider going through all of them and send a response to each.

I wish you good luck in sending mms messages, 50kB images via bluetooth and making poor quality 3g calls via skype/facetime.

You're all about paid apps for free anyway.

Take care

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am hoping the jailbreak for IPAD 1 that is what I have is as easy s the IPHONE by going to a web page hen with the instructions to slide the main slider which normally is lid to open h IPD for usage and after following that instruction the IPHONE was jail broke and Cydia was automatically installed.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most likely @comex's iPad 2 Jailbreak will be released and not ion1cs. Comex's jailbreak will be userland, which will probably be through mobile safari and will only be for the 4.3 firmware. Ion1cs is a bootrom exploit and they're probably gonna wait and save it for the release of the iPhone 5, which will also have the A5 chip.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
I am hoping the jailbreak for IPAD 1 that is what I have is as easy s the IPHONE by going to a web page hen with the instructions to slide the main slider which normally is lid to open h IPD for usage and after following that instruction the IPHONE was jail broke and Cydia was automatically installed.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

That's an old method, iPad been passed that one..lmao. That was Jailbreakme.com

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More thn likely there will never be an u tethered jail brake for ipad1 on 4.3.1. They skipping that one and releasing untethered for 4.3.1 for ipad1. So if u on 4.3.1 might as well stay there, downgrading is pointless. If u on 4.3, might as well upgrade because only jailbreak is tethered one for it so its pointless really not to upgrade ;-). Lmao

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
Most likely @comex's iPad 2 Jailbreak will be released and not ion1cs. Comex's jailbreak will be userland, which will probably be through mobile safari and will only be for the 4.3 firmware. Ion1cs is a bootrom exploit and they're probably gonna wait and save it for the release of the iPhone 5, which will also have the A5 chip.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

It's gonna be a hot sec b4 jailbreak for ipad2 released. People getting the untethered jailbreak about to get released mixed up thinkn it'll work on ipad2, which it won't. Comex even said thru tweeter that the next untethered jailbreak is for "ipad1 only on 4.3.1" the need to find a legal method to do the ipad2 jailbreak. Not as easy as ipad1. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait once it does drop. Ilad2 jailbreak apps are gonna be sick! Probably gonna be a hack to harness the true power/potential of ipad2.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I would like folks in this thread to get a grip. This is a very informative and would be a pity to close it.

No need to close. I'll keep this thread on track..lol. As far as paid apps for free goes, we don't need to talk about that stuff here, this is not that type of forum. That's the kind of info u keep to urself, if u doing that. Capish? ;-)
I think people just getting anxious and cranky over 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak for iPad and the jailbreak for ipad2 not released yet. This is a good thread with some great info in it, let's not lose the opportunity to keep it going and thrive due to senseless bickering.

euugenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Demandarin: I totally agree. Will focus my posts on the thread's topic from now on. (was just trying to prove a point)

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
euugenn said:
@Demandarin: I totally agree. Will focus my posts on the thread's topic from now on. (was just trying to prove a point)

You proved nothing, however keep telling yourself that lol

When you wanna jailbreak your device then come back to this very informative thread I'm sure it'll help you then.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
Ion1cs is a bootrom exploit and they're probably gonna wait and save it for the release of the iPhone 5, which will also have the A5 chip.

I was under the impression that the reason the jailbreak for the iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.1 is taking longer is because of the new hardware (a5 chip etc) so wouldn't this be the same with the next gen iPhone?

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRager said:
I was under the impression that the reason the jailbreak for the iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.1 is taking longer is because of the new hardware (a5 chip etc) so wouldn't this be the same with the next gen iPhone?

You have a good point. I seriously doubt a jail brake for ipad2 will wait until iphone5 comes out. That has been pushed back even further thn originally thought. Ipad2 people want their jail brake now or sooner thn later. A lot of folks gonna be pissed if they have to wait that long considering how popular ipad2 has become.
Reason it's taking longer is like u said. New chipset, new hardware, therefore , needs new type of jailbreak. Actually Comex already been Jailbroke an ipad2. He just hasn't released it yet because he probably working the bugs out and stuff and finding legal method of distributing it.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
No need to close. I'll keep this thread on track..lol. As far as paid apps for free goes, we don't need to talk about that stuff here, this is not that type of forum. That's the kind of info u keep to urself, if u doing that. Capish? ;-)
I think people just getting anxious and cranky over 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak for iPad and the jailbreak for ipad2 not released yet. This is a good thread with some great info in it, let's not lose the opportunity to keep it going and thrive due to senseless bickering.

Umm hmm...eye in the sky, see...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@Demandarin

I'll take you as the go to man for any news....

So any news yet?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

Umm hmm...eye in the sky, see...lol

Very cool.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions