IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Argyle, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euugenn

euugenn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    if there weren't people who bought the apps in the first place to suport developers to create more and more apps you wouldn't need to jb your device in the first place because there wouldn't be any apps to start from.

i myself can't afford all the apps out there and only bought the ones which i felt i needed most. if you can't afford a ferrari, do you steal one? no - because you go to jail.

it's not the same with the apps and no, I am not a developer - I am just trying to understand both sides.

Stop being a hypocrite and say you don't want to be "restricted" - you simply want paid apps for FREE - simply admit it and get over it.

In the end, everybody pays somehow - it's just the illusion you get stuff for free. nothing's free my friend, trust me!

2. 1million

1million
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I haven't updated just in case the JB isn't for 4.3.1. I can't wait to JB my IPad 2.

3. D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The iPad 2 Jailbreak won't be for 4.3.1 yet. It's only gonna be for 4.3.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

4. iRager

iRager
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    lol some people can't admit that apple products are better with jailbreak so I'm going to disregard this idiotic comment

Back on topic...

The latest I've read about jailbreak of iOS 4.3/4.3.1:

"DevTeam has confirmed that they have got ion1c exploit working and planning to release it through an updated version of Redsn0w and Pwnage tool. Fortunately, they have also implemented the exploit in AppleTV2 with the help of @saurik and @nitoTV, therefore, we can expect this support integrated in the tools after the release. However, it doesn’t support the iPad 2 as ion1c exploit doesn’t cover it yet. So, DevTeam is finding some legal methods to distribute the comex’s 4.3 JB for the iPad 2"

So any iPad 2 users who don't want to be RESTRICTED by apple and wish to jailbreak their device so they are free to use THEIR device how they please should not update their iPad 2 to the latest iOS (4.3.1) version as the iPad 2 jailbreak looks like it's only for 4.3

#44 iRager, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  5. geNe36

geNe36
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    saw this online while browsing through... are these JB for iPad 2 fake?

3 X W.dvdtoipads.com/ipad-jailbreak/how-to-jailbreak-ipad-2.html

3 X W.shaswatpatel.com/how-to-jailbreak-ipad2-solution-and-challenges/

6. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    You bet.

Those sites are only trying to score hits and thus gain $$$ from visits. Greenpois0n, pwnagetools and Redsnow are the ones to watch. Pretty much anything else is fake.

7. Max

Max
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Yup, there's a ton of fakes out there that's just looking for traffic to their sites..
    Believe me, when it's really out you will hear about it!

Also, never ever pay for a jailbreak or unlock, any hack worth knowing about (and even some you don't wanna know about) are all created under the pretense that information should be free...
    There's always some Dick or Joe that wants to cash in on other people's work.

8. iRager

iRager
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    @geNe36

Pretty much what the 2 posts above me said.

Bookmark this thread I'm sure it'll be announced here

9. RudyL90

RudyL90
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Damn, I updated my iPad 2 to 4.3.1.
    Just a question to you all; Do you think there will be a jailbreak for 4.3.1?
    I think I rather downgrade the firmware than wait for a 4.3.1 jailbreak. Is that possible?

10. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    At some point there will be a jb for 4.3.1, or whatever iOS is new at the time of release. The main open question at the moment is, whether comex will just release the jb for 4.3, or try to find another solution for 4.3.1 directly.

I am in a similar situation and spent 2h trying to downgrade, just in case.. Simple task, you would assume: Download 4.3 and then use it to restore the iPad. But alas no, after 5 attempted and may I add, successful restores is the iPad still on 4.3.1. Just don't ask me why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.