What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevbo said:
Does this happen often? It just seems bizarre that they're not anxious to release it immediately. There were rumors on @comex's feed about a possible rat that is feeding Apple the jailbreaks... I'm almost losing hope.

I heard about that also. I forgot the guys name. He supposedly leaked out an exploit that was only shown to him, exclusively by another member of the team. He denies it though. It is possible apple could pay someone off enough to become a mole. Espionage from Apple..lmao

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait. Let me answer this.

Yes. They are. If you want to know when the JB hits for iPad2, come here and they will tell you what you need to know.

I also think there is ligit site too...

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do hope the jb for iPad 2 is released soon...

I check up about it every day hoping to see some good news lol

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has Apple stopped signing firmware for 4.3? I just tried to back up my SHSH blob with TinyUmbrella and it only saves 4.3.1.

Also, consider the following. It seems to me that there is a very small number of iOS hackers out there, with most of them working in groups. We know jailbreaking is probably the biggest "concern" for Apple right now, which is upsetting to me, but it's true. Imagine that they brought a couple of the hackers onto their payroll for, say, $75,000 a year. This would be akin to giving someone a nickel to people like you and me. They bring in about $2 billion dollars per year via the App Store, ***************************** in at least just on the apps that are currently available. Let's face it, if there were $200+ apps like Photoshop and whatnot, 95% of the people using it would not be using a legitimate version, just as is the case with PC applications. It is the lack of apps like this that is separating the iPad from being a toy and an essential device.

They could wipe out the jailbreaking community by doing this. Didn't they send people in black suits to that person's house who found the iPhone 4? Seriously, from an economic standpoint, it would be well worth it, and I would be very surprised if they weren't doing it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kevbo said:
Has Apple stopped signing firmware for 4.3? I just tried to back up my SHSH blob with TinyUmbrella and it only saves 4.3.1.

I'm guessing they have as when I tried saving the shsh the same happened to me, I guess it's too late to save 4.3 shsh

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

marc180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's that argument again that people would buy the apps if it weren't for jailbreaking. The truth is you wouldn't be able to afford them, that's why people download them for free to start off. The reality is without jailbreaking there probably wouldn't be that many people using the iPhone since Android offers the customization feature without much hassle. I know a few people who bought an iPhone because they could jailbreak it and make it better. *************

Last edited by a moderator:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
marc180 said:
The reality is without jailbreaking there probably wouldn't be that many people using the iPhone since Android offers the customization feature without much hassle. I know a few people who bought an iPhone because they could jailbreak it and make it better. The jaibreaking scene has never said they supported pirated apps, it's actually the opposite. They support customization.

I agree to this 100%

I for one wouldn't buy any iOS device if were certain I couldn't jb, I just don't like being restricted

Last edited:

euugenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if there weren't people who bought the apps in the first place to suport developers to create more and more apps you wouldn't need to jb your device in the first place because there wouldn't be any apps to start from.

i myself can't afford all the apps out there and only bought the ones which i felt i needed most. if you can't afford a ferrari, do you steal one? no - because you go to jail.

it's not the same with the apps and no, I am not a developer - I am just trying to understand both sides.

Stop being a hypocrite and say you don't want to be "restricted" - you simply want paid apps for FREE - simply admit it and get over it.

In the end, everybody pays somehow - it's just the illusion you get stuff for free. nothing's free my friend, trust me!

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't updated just in case the JB isn't for 4.3.1. I can't wait to JB my IPad 2.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 Jailbreak won't be for 4.3.1 yet. It's only gonna be for 4.3.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
euugenn said:
Stop being a hypocrite and say you don't want to be "restricted" - you simply want paid apps for FREE - simply admit it and get over it.

lol some people can't admit that apple products are better with jailbreak so I'm going to disregard this idiotic comment

Back on topic...

The latest I've read about jailbreak of iOS 4.3/4.3.1:

"DevTeam has confirmed that they have got ion1c exploit working and planning to release it through an updated version of Redsn0w and Pwnage tool. Fortunately, they have also implemented the exploit in AppleTV2 with the help of @saurik and @nitoTV, therefore, we can expect this support integrated in the tools after the release. However, it doesn’t support the iPad 2 as ion1c exploit doesn’t cover it yet. So, DevTeam is finding some legal methods to distribute the comex’s 4.3 JB for the iPad 2"

So any iPad 2 users who don't want to be RESTRICTED by apple and wish to jailbreak their device so they are free to use THEIR device how they please should not update their iPad 2 to the latest iOS (4.3.1) version as the iPad 2 jailbreak looks like it's only for 4.3

Last edited:

geNe36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saw this online while browsing through... are these JB for iPad 2 fake?

3 X W.dvdtoipads.com/ipad-jailbreak/how-to-jailbreak-ipad-2.html

3 X W.shaswatpatel.com/how-to-jailbreak-ipad2-solution-and-challenges/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts