What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
At the moment there is no iPad 2 jailbreak in the wild, not even a tethered one. The reason being that previous jb's used hardware exploits which have been fixed in the new iPad. So at the moment the only options are either waiting or DIY.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard rumors that it won't be released until 4.3.1, so as to not give Apple the chance to patch it. I don't know if that's true.

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been done by both comex and ion1c, but neither have released their work yet.........It does stink having to wait!

Last edited:

hurikhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountaingamer said:
It's been done by both comex and ion1c, but neither have released their work yet.........I does stink having to wait!

Lol, you wrote that you stink because you have to wait ;D

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard that Apple didn't patch 4.3.1, but I should ask just to be sure.. Is it safe to update to 4.3.1? It doesn't seem like it does very much, so I'm in no hurry. For iPad 2 of course. I think we should all go on a hunger strike so its released soon.. it is a cause worth dying for.

Last edited:

marc180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard that Apple didn't patch 4.3.1, but I should ask just to be sure.. Is it safe to update to 4.3.1? It doesn't seem like it does very much, so I'm in no hurry. For iPad 2 of course. I think we should all go on a hunger strike so its released soon.. it is a cause worth dying for.

I wouldn't update it just in case whatever they release won't work on it. Personally, I would wait until they release the jailbreak until doing any updating.

As for the hunger strike, I don't need it that bad.

Reaction score
kevbo said:

Since there is no jb for 4.3 and probably never will be, you may as well update right now to 4.3.1 and then install the jb when it gets released for iPad 2 4.3.1

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Since there is no jb for 4.3 and probably never will be, you may as well update right now to 4.3.1 and then install the jb when it gets released for iPad 2 4.3.1

Exactly! Might as well wait and upgrade in the meantime

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a link for that? I thought it wasn't. I haven't upgraded because I figure that I can always update, but not downgrade. If it was patched then he should just release it, because there's no reason to keep it a secret anymore.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountaingamer said:
The comex kernel exploit was fixed in 4.3.1

A new one for 4.3.1 is probably being worked on as we speak ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts