What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice looks like it's very close...

But what do they mean by "legal method to distribute comex's JB?"

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iRager said:
Nice looks like it's very close...

But what do they mean by "legal method to distribute comex's JB?"

His method will require a component which is not licensed to be freely distributed. They are looking at alternatives to achieve the same result without violating terms of licensing. For example, something which is under GPL.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
His method will require a component which is not licensed to be freely distributed. They are looking at alternatives to achieve the same result without violating terms of licensing. For example, something which is under GPL.

Thanx :)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
So it is. Only for iPad 1

That is correct! There is an ipad2 jailbreak already made but they have to find a legal way to distribute it. What does that mean? Well, they used components that can't be given away for free or something like that so they have to find another way about doing it. Plus it was a tethered jail brake, at that. They still working the bugs and stuff out of it. Ipad2 jail brake will be here sooner thn later ;-)

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll just wait until the threads start pouring in talking about why does the new jailbreak not work on my ipad2...lmfao. And I wonder why? SMH

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't care if the iPad 2 Jailbreak is tethered! It's not bad at all! Now an iPhone, I would want that untethered, because I'm out and about with it more than my iPad.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
I don't care if the iPad 2 Jailbreak is tethered! It's not bad at all! Now an iPhone, I would want that untethered, because I'm out and about with it more than my iPad.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

That wasnt the point, as tethered JB is better thn none. ipad2 owners sitting here waiting, counting down to a jailbreak tonight that won't even work on their ipad2. Only untethered jail brake for 4.3.1 is getting released tonight, for IPAD1 Owners Only. People automatically seeing 4.3 or 4.3.1 jail brake and "assuming" it's for ipad2, when it's not...just saying..unless I completely missed them saying ipad2 jail brake is being released tonight also, which I doubt. Never say never though, there could be a nice surprise in the form of one for ipad2 owners also. I'm just relaying info said from the people releasing the jail brake tonight, themselves.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrbunglez said:
It's "jailBREAK" sorry spelling is a pet peeve of mine.

Well u gonna go crazy on this forum then...lol you have a lot of spellchecking in the threads to do then ;-) j/k

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, sorry I'm just bored waiting for this friggen jailbreak to happen if it ever does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts