What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Great I now have iTunes Match which is fab but it kept playing the wrong song to what it displayed. I reset which worked.

I was seriously considering getting iTunes Match, just to avoid the iTunes Radio ads, but so far the ads have been infrequent, well done, and usually relevant to the channel I was listening to.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update, all. I am getting there with the new IOS thanks mainly to the support and advice on here together with Apple service. Faith is gradually being restored!
Mike

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was seriously considering getting iTunes Match, just to avoid the iTunes Radio ads, but so far the ads have been infrequent, well done, and usually relevant to the channel I was listening to.

I am loving iTunes Radio. :)

And, I haven't really noticed the ads. Guess I am so used to hearing ads on a regular radio station that I don't hear them here, either. Also, and it may be just me, but they seem to be softer than the music. But shhhhh, don't tell Apple's advertisers I said that! :D

But, I do like the music offered. One of my favorite parts of this iOS 7 (and, having it work on my Windows PC and my AppleTV is a definite bonus!).

Marilyn

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an update, all. I am getting there with the new IOS thanks mainly to the support and advice on here together with Apple service. Faith is gradually being restored!
Mike

Oh, and meant to say: I am glad this is getting sorted for you (albeit slowly). I hope things really settle down soon for you and you can go back to "just using" (and enjoying) your iPad.

Always remember, we are here to lend a hand, or to just offer a sympathetic ear. :)

Marilyn

L

Lunar

Anyone else notice how laggy iOS 7 is?
I did notice how laggy iOS7 is, I played with it for 2 days, but quickly decided this wasn't for me, so I was one of the lucky ones who managed to revert back to v6.1.3 before Apple closed the door.

I did some speed tests with our 2nd iPad and the new iOS was slower in many of the tests, scrolling in safari was definately more jerky, and parts of the OS were really bad such as the change wallpaper option, or using the camera. Also the big no no for me was the fact the colours or should that be lack of colours made things harder to read, turning on bold text and enabling contrast seemed to help as did choosing a dark background, its always worth trying a reset too after a firmware install but TBH it was still poor compared to v6.1.3.

Sadly I wont be upgrading again until it's all been sorted out, infact I'm happy to leave it on 6.1.3 indefinately if need be, but hopefully Apple will sort out the issues, and sack the colour blind guy and get some colour back into the operating system again, or give us some options to set personal colours. Most people know that trying to see white text on a white background is not very readable, but someone needs to tell Apple.

I'm amazed that beta testers never voiced these concerns back to Apple during the testing stages, as they are so blatently obvious, my home screen looked absolutely rubbish, icons look far worse, with just a plain grey bar across the bottom, it may look okay on phones, but it's a step backwards on iPads IMO...looks wise anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did notice how laggy iOS7 is, I played with it for 2 days, but quickly decided this wasn't for me, so I was one of the lucky ones who managed to revert back to v6.1.3 before Apple closed the door.

I did some speed tests with our 2nd iPad and the new iOS was slower in many of the tests, scrolling in safari was definately more jerky, and parts of the OS were really bad such as the change wallpaper option, or using the camera. Also the big no no for me was the fact the colours or should that be lack of colours made things harder to read, turning on bold text and enabling contrast seemed to help as did choosing a dark background, its always worth trying a reset too after a firmware install but TBH it was still poor compared to v6.1.3.

Sadly I wont be upgrading again until it's all been sorted out, infact I'm happy to leave it on 6.1.3 indefinately if need be, but hopefully Apple will sort out the issues, and sack the colour blind guy and get some colour back into the operating system again, or give us some options to set personal colours. Most people know that trying to see white text on a white background is not very readable, but someone needs to tell Apple.

I'm amazed that beta testers never voiced these concerns back to Apple during the testing stages, as they are so blatently obvious, my home screen looked absolutely rubbish, icons look far worse, with just a plain grey bar across the bottom, it may look okay on phones, but it's a step backwards on iPads IMO...looks wise anyway.

Nice article and one which makes some good observations.

I am now adjusting to life post 6.1.3 and things have improved somewhat. I still feel that I have been a Beta tester as the new IOS was awkward to get to grips with initially, so many negatives. Your point re. Beta testers is valid indeed! Whoever they were they either did a very poor job or Apple tended to ignore their findings for whatever reason, I really don't know. What I do know is that some of the glitches are glaringly obvious and wonder how they could have been missed at all. Back to the testers for that one.

All in all, things are becoming better but after this experience, I ask myself what is the point of having Beta testers if we, on this forum, have to identify new IOS issues and present solutions?

If anyone on here was a Beta tester for this IOS please give us some idea what could have happened.

Mike

Last edited:

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice article and one which makes some good observations.

I am now adjusting to life post 6.1.3 and things have improved somewhat. I still feel that I have been a Beta tester as the new IOS was awkward to get to grips with initially, so many negatives. Your point re. Beta testers is valid indeed! Whoever they were they either did a very poor job or Apple tended to ignore their findings for whatever reason, I really don't know. What I do know is that some of the glitches are glaringly obvious and wonder how they could have been missed at all. Back to the testers for that one.

All in all, things are becoming better but after this experience, I ask myself what is the point of having Beta testers if we, on this forum, have to identify new IOS issues and present solutions?

If anyone on here was a Beta tester for this IOS please give us some idea what could have happened.

Mike

I followed the beta phase and there WAS plenty of complaints, about the icons, colors, performance. Some hated it, some felt it was ok once you get used to it. Mostly people were resigned ios needed a change and this was how it was going to be. beta testers tend to be loyalists. The fact that they had mixed feelings told you something.

Apple did address some issues, like the bold text option in accessibility. But they mostly just stuck to their guns.

Beta testers also thought ios 7 wasn't ready for the iPad and we would not see it on the iPad until the new iPads are released.

L

Lunar

I think what really annoys me is the fact Apple do not allow their customers the freedom of choice to return to their previous iOS.
The option to return your iPad/phone to its previous state is even more important when there are radical changes from the previous firmware, but because Apple like it does not mean everyone does, they are the only company I know which does not offer democratic choice, IOW if you don't like it...then it's just too bad..you don't have a choice.

Imagine.. A customer bought himself a new iPad a month before the iOS 7 release, the customer is very pleased with their new iPad, he likes everything about it, his timeframe for returning it under Apples no quibble return has passed, but he his happy with it and intends to keep it.
Then Apple release a major update which changes the way his device worked or looked, his expensive iPad no longer functions as well, and he is no longer happy with his new purchase, but he cannot return it for a refund, and neither can he return his iPad to the state it was before the update.

Not having the option to return to the previous firmware is totally undemocratic almost to the point of dictatorship, because Apple have removed any choice, in fact I would think customers would have some legal validity if they chose to return the product to the store, as the product is now so different from the iPad they initially purchased.

Regardless of the product, we all know and accept the risks when we update firmware on electronic equipment, things can go wrong, and sometimes the update may have inherent issues, it happens quite often with new bios releases, but the user almost always has the option of returning to their previous operating system.

Why Apple insists on closing the option to return to the previous iOS after just 1 or 2 days is totally ridiculous, and is something they need to remedy. People need, and want to be able to decide themselves, so can Apple please STOP this stupid practice of preventing the return to a previous iOS version.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think what really annoys me is the fact Apple do not allow their customers the freedom of choice to return to their previous iOS.
The option to return your iPad/phone to its previous state is even more important when there are radical changes from the previous firmware, but because Apple like it does not mean everyone does, they are the only company I know which does not offer democratic choice, IOW if you don't like it...then it's just too bad..you don't have a choice.

Imagine.. A customer bought himself a new iPad a month before the iOS 7 release, the customer is very pleased with their new iPad, he likes everything about it, his timeframe for returning it under Apples no quibble return has passed, but he his happy with it and intends to keep it.
Then Apple release a major update which changes the way his device worked or looked, his expensive iPad no longer functions as well, and he is no longer happy with his new purchase, but he cannot return it for a refund, and neither can he return his iPad to the state it was before the update.

Not having the option to return to the previous firmware is totally undemocratic almost to the point of dictatorship, because Apple have removed any choice, in fact I would think customers would have some legal validity if they chose to return the product to the store, as the product is now so different from the iPad they initially purchased.

Regardless of the product, we all know and accept the risks when we update firmware on electronic equipment, things can go wrong, and sometimes the update may have inherent issues, it happens quite often with new bios releases, but the user almost always has the option of returning to their previous operating system.

Why Apple insists on closing the option to return to the previous iOS after just 1 or 2 days is totally ridiculous, and is something they need to remedy. People need, and want to be able to decide themselves, so can Apple please STOP this stupid practice of preventing the return to a previous iOS version.

OR... and I could be completely off base here.... Because I am old an all.... And jaded.... And fed up with people not thinking....

People should actually RESEARCH, on this thing called the INTERNET, what iOS 7 contains. I mean it has only been covered for the last two solid months. Anyone shocked or awed by what is in iOS 7 right now has basically not done a single Google search of iOS 7.

So Apple isn't at fault here. Not even in the slightest. The end user has the choice. They should actually try and EXERCISE that basic right they are given at birth.

And yes, this is probably my most sarcastic post I have ever done here. And I am probably going to catch some flack for it from the Mods, SMods and Admin staff. But I am really tired of reading people whine because they couldn't do something as simple as READ.

L

Lunar

OR... and I could be completely off base here.... Because I am old an all.... And jaded.... And fed up with people not thinking....

People should actually RESEARCH, on this thing called the INTERNET, what iOS 7 contains. I mean it has only been covered for the last two solid months. Anyone shocked or awed by what is in iOS 7 right now has basically not done a single Google search of iOS 7.

So Apple isn't at fault here. Not even in the slightest. The end user has the choice. They should actually try and EXERCISE that basic right they are given at birth.

And yes, this is probably my most sarcastic post I have ever done here. And I am probably going to catch some flack for it from the Mods, SMods and Admin staff. But I am really tired of reading people whine because they couldn't do something as simple as READ.

I think you actually make a valid point, and on this instance I was certainly guilty of not researching iOS7 sufficiently. However, I think that is because generally most of us in the past have been pleased with previous updates, so in reality, I think that very few iPad users did too much reading up before installing the update.

Lastly, I think you mis-understand the point I was trying to make in my last post, I've used Apple systems since I bought my 1st Mackintosh, and recently spent £1300 on a Apple Air laptop, plus 4 iPads so far and many other items, so I'm obviously a bit of an Apple fan.

However that does not mean I cannot voice an opinion even if it appears a little critical when I feel it is justified, especially on giving users the choice to return to their previous operating system.

Sorry if it appears as though I'm whining, what I am stating is a simple fact, ironically I'm often called an Apple fanboy by friends, so if they read your post they would find it quite amusing.
BTW I'm 70 so I may be older and more jaded than you...lol

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you actually make a valid point, and on this instance I was certainly guilty of not researching iOS7 sufficiently. However, I think that is because generally most of us in the past have been pleased with previous updates, so in reality, I think that very few iPad users did too much reading up before installing the update.

Lastly, I think you mis-understand the point I was trying to make in my last post, I've used Apple systems since I bought my 1st Mackintosh, and recently spent £1300 on a Apple Air laptop, plus 4 iPads so far and many other items, so I'm obviously a bit of an Apple fan.

However that does not mean I cannot voice an opinion even if it appears a little critical when I feel it is justified, especially on giving users the choice to return to their previous operating system.

You have every right to voice your opinion. And never in a million years would I ever take that right away. In fact I encourage it. But just be aware, your opinion has a single flaw and until the flaw is corrected, Apple doesn't need to change a thing. And that is my opinion. Which you already have shown you agree with.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, J. A. Missed you guys but having a lot of serious issues with the new IOS. If I had known it would be this much trouble, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading especially when certain features are not available.

Try and restore your iPad via iTunes! That helped me a lot!
Hope it works for you too :).

Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

Most reactions

Latest posts