What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

L

Lunar

Try and restore your iPad via iTunes! That helped me a lot!
Hope it works for you too :).

Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

Unfortunately there is no way to revert back to iOS 6.1.3 as Apple stopped signing that version on the 2nd day after v7 was released. If you check the link below you will see it is no longer available.
http://www.icj.me/ios/all
Fortunately I was able to revert back to it myself, I thought I'd wait a bit longer until Apple had sorted a few of the issues out, so I personally have no complaints whatsoever with my current firmware 6.1.3, it works great. I just wish they would leave the option to revert to the previous iOS a bit longer before closing it. I don't consider that as being whining, It seems common sense to me...ah we'll...lol

Can someone actually tell me the reason why Apple prevent users from going back to the previous version after a new release ? Surely it would be prudent for Apple to wait say a month before closing the option to return.
I can only assume it's Apple's way of ensuring conformity on their devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OR... and I could be completely off base here.... Because I am old an all.... And jaded.... And fed up with people not thinking....

People should actually RESEARCH, on this thing called the INTERNET, what iOS 7 contains. I mean it has only been covered for the last two solid months. Anyone shocked or awed by what is in iOS 7 right now has basically not done a single Google search of iOS 7.

So Apple isn't at fault here. Not even in the slightest. The end user has the choice. They should actually try and EXERCISE that basic right they are given at birth.

And yes, this is probably my most sarcastic post I have ever done here. And I am probably going to catch some flack for it from the Mods, SMods and Admin staff. But I am really tired of reading people whine because they couldn't do something as simple as READ.

i hear what you are saying, and i did exactly that, when i saw the ios7 introduced some months ago i was impressed and wanted to have it right away. Then i did research and it looked great. Then when i downloaded it on my ipad 3 i dont like many things, like the performance (lag) and the cropping of pictures, these i had to face after i downloaded. Which is why i am keeping ios6 on my iPhone. All that glitters is not gold

Wimbleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
R there NEGATIVES UPGRADING TO 7 ?

does anyone have a good reason or a negative that makes one PAUSE before upgrading their ipad ?

seasider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery life is really poor after this upgrade. I know there are tips to improve it but we shouldn't need to do that.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And the biggest thing- it may take a day to download the OS, at least for many, it has. Dint know the state now. It may have been because of server overload during that time.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone else gets this? I would be reading or doing something on my ipad and suddenly the screen would go black with white apple in the middle and then the lock screen appears and I would have to go back to wherever I was. It's happened since the IOS 7 update. I've just had this happen again but this time all the devices that were on at midnight did exactly the same. Is this the background updates or is this something else? Anyone?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had the same experience here--my iPad rebooted for no reason.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do you think? Is it a glitch or is it an update? Also my updates in the App Store aren't disappearing. They remain open even if I've gone into them and then gone back into App Store. At this rate, I will have loads of updates. I'm keeping my eyes open with this.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is my screen since update

Attachments

• image-667339009.jpg
    image-667339009.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 281

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think? Is it a glitch or is it an update? Also my updates in the App Store aren't disappearing. They remain open even if I've gone into them and then gone back into App Store. At this rate, I will have loads of updates. I'm keeping my eyes open with this.

Did you do a reset after the update Hayley? It's a good idea after any update.

They've changed the way updates are now shown. They will eventually disappear but it's just to show you what updates have been done now that automatic updates are here.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I did. Always do but there are a few little niggles so waiting patiently for IOS 7.1

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone else gets this? I would be reading or doing something on my ipad and suddenly the screen would go black with white apple in the middle and then the lock screen appears and I would have to go back to wherever I was. It's happened since the IOS 7 update. I've just had this happen again but this time all the devices that were on at midnight did exactly the same. Is this the background updates or is this something else? Anyone?

I have had this problem with the screen going totally black, happens when I watch some thing on bbc i player where I don't touch the screen for a little while. Also the same problem with the app updates, they don't dissapear like they always used too

London, UK

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this problem with the screen going totally black, happens when I watch some thing on bbc i player where I don't touch the screen for a little while. Also the same problem with the app updates, they don't dissapear like they always used too London, UK

The app updates are a new "feature", they will eventually disappear but they hang around for a while so that, presumably, you can check out what the changes were.....which I find quite useful.

The Archangel

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app updates are a new "feature", they will eventually disappear but they hang around for a while so that, presumably, you can check out what the changes were.....which I find quite useful. The Archangel

I see, thanks for telling that, I know I have complained about ios7, however I am confident and looking at the bright side because I know apple will fix these teething issues. My biggest problem now is the white back ground in notes and videos app. However looking foreword to the new updates

London, UK

Most reactions

Latest posts