What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 - first impressions

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The new reminders app in IOS 7 is the one of worst pieces of software I have encountered in a while. It is very convoluted; it should be much more straight forward. Is there. Replacement that is better?

If you use your device's calendar, I'm liking Readdles Calendar 5 quite a bit. It incorporates IOS reminders and IOS calendars into one app. I like the layout and user friendliness.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with you. I feel like reverting back to my last installed version. The battery is just draining too fast for my humble ipad2..

I updated on an iPhone 4 amongst others but the iPhone was the only to have battery drain issues. I did all the common resets to no avail. I finally bit the bullet and did a full back up then "erase all content and settings" I then restored from back up and my batterie drain issues were fixed. Woks as good as IOS 6 now. A pain but maybe worth it.

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have to say that I would usually get 3 days before recharge, now have to recharge almost every day. Don't mind doing this but can be a real pain if you forget.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny I like it better than previous version also works well with iCloud on every device so never miss a alarm or message

I like the new version as well. Except Gmail does not recognize the correct password. Also on a radio application called ooTunes the recordings can not be renamed or saved yo a permanent place.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

Wimbleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There seems to quite varied opinions to update or Not . battery charge seems to be a major ?? , another is not a smooth transition ,however maybe because of lack of knowledge, ..... can anyone seem to come y UPGRADE. For a Solid practical reason that would make someone Not upgraded , would seriously be MISSING OUT ON SOME IMPORTANT BENEFIT ,not just small modifications or Aesthetic reasons ......

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There seems to quite varied opinions to update or Not . battery charge seems to be a major ?? , another is not a smooth transition ,however maybe because of lack of knowledge, ..... can anyone seem to come y UPGRADE. For a Solid practical reason that would make someone Not upgraded , would seriously be MISSING OUT ON SOME IMPORTANT BENEFIT ,not just small modifications or Aesthetic reasons ......

It's just my opinion but for what it's worth, I feel IOS 7 is just cosmetic, It doesn't drastically make the machine more usable, but does add a little confusion to the mix. If IOS 6 worked fine for your needs the I don't see the point in updating, if I'd known the pros and cons better myself I would have let sleeping dogs lie, at least until the first major update.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Take a look at my post (#63) in this thread. It lists a bunch of reasons why I think this is a great upgrade - and not just with small modifications and aesthetic reasons. I do think you're missing out because of those changes I listed.

In fact, there are a lot of folk in this thread who give rather high marks to the new iOS. And they list their reasons.

Marilyn

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just my opinion but for what it's worth, I feel IOS 7 is just cosmetic, It doesn't drastically make the machine more usable, but does add a little confusion to the mix. If IOS 6 worked fine for your needs the I don't see the point in updating, if I'd known the pros and cons better myself I would have let sleeping dogs lie, at least until the first major update.
I have to admit to being brainwashed as I always believe that all updates improve my software, so far, in my opinion, I've not been wrong. I'm now on the latest update of IOS 7 and can't find any problems.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to admit to being brainwashed as I always believe that all updates improve my software, so far, in my opinion, I've not been wrong. I'm now on the latest update of IOS 7 and can't find any problems.

So you haven't tried using a wallpaper from before the update? Parallax screwed with the scaling so every old picture is cropped wrong with no option to scale it properly. But if you can't see that as a problem then I guess, for you, it isn't an issue, a lot of other people would disagree however.

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you haven't tried using a wallpaper from before the update? Parallax screwed with the scaling so every old picture is cropped wrong with no option to scale it properly. But if you can't see that as a problem then I guess, for you, it isn't an issue, a lot of other people would disagree however.
Sure you're right but I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

srh509

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I HATE the new update! I updated my iPhone and refuse to update my iPad. I hate the look, the way it works, the excessive battery drain...there is nothing good I can say about it. I want to go back, but can't, of course.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest you read the threads concerning fixes for your issues not only here but also iPhone forums.Net
Ios7.03 resolved 5 issues including battery life. It is important to follow up and see how others corrected issues BEFORE complaining to us. We are a private forum so if you are still unhappy then go to apple's communities and or contact Apple direct.

Most reactions

Latest posts