What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Downloaded the new IOS 7 yesterday and have had nothing but problems since. Firstly I noticed that there was no background colour, just glaring white, very tiring on the eyes. My home screen & lock screen changed. When I try to set a photo for my lock screen it will not scale. Certain features are missing, Airdrop for example. The worst problem is the camera. It will not change from square, the only feature on there that I can use is the HDR, whatever that means. I can toggle that on or off but cannot toggle video or camera. I will send some screen shots later but for the moment I only want my old system back. This IOS 7 has not downloaded correctly and now I am stuck. Some help will be very much appreciated.
Mike

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, Downloaded the new IOS 7 yesterday and have had nothing but problems since. Firstly I noticed that there was no background colour, just glaring white, very tiring on the eyes. My home screen & lock screen changed. When I try to set a photo for my lock screen it will not scale. Certain features are missing, Airdrop for example. The worst problem is the camera. It will not change from square, the only feature on there that I can use is the HDR, whatever that means. I can toggle that on or off but cannot toggle video or camera. I will send some screen shots later but for the moment I only want my old system back. This IOS 7 has not downloaded correctly and now I am stuck. Some help will be vet much appreciated. Mike

I find it very bright too but to counteract this I have lowered the brightness and I'm finding it fine now.

I didn't have any issues with my home or lock screens so maybe someone else can help here.

As for the camera, see if this helps.....

image-1858910894.jpg

image-2210246474.jpg

The Archangel

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Gabriel, the touching and sliding works. It is still difficult but at least I can now move between video and camera. I too reduced the brightness but white is a poor choice for a background screen. I was almost blinded when I first saw it, ha, ha.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for Airdrop, have you opened the Control Centre (swipe up from bottom of the scree) to see if it's listed.....

image-3374027908.jpg

The Archangel

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I now find I cannot change my App Store location. I am in the US at present and have an account there but when I try to change store, it will not accept my id. I even tried to reset this and although I am told an email has been sent, it has never arrived. I have checked and double checked my id details. I truly wish I had not upgraded to IOS. I find that Airdrop is not available anyway on iPad 3. One of my apps would not accept my password after the upgrade which has caused a problem. No point in upgrading if a lot of features are unavailable. This is the first time I have felt let down by Apple and just want my old OS back. Is there any way is can do this without jail breaking?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike......I haven't upgraded as yet, but I can see many are not very happy with that glaring white background.

Have a look at this thread, Twerppoet has an interesting post here (no. 94 in the thread). A wallpaper may help you. If you go down to his next post (no, 97) he has included a link also.
http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/113885-ios-7-now-available-download-4.html

Also doing a reset of your iPad may just help also if you are experiencing problems....it's a good idea after any update

Hope it helps! :).

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol.....I backed up both my iPads today and downloaded the update to iTunes. Just pondering now! ;)

I just did the delta update through the Settings App, quick and painless.......a bottle of Jacob's Creek Shiraz makes it even less painless and even more fun!

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just did the delta update through the Settings App, quick and painless.......a bottle of Jacob's Creek Shiraz makes it even less painless and even more fun!

The Archangel

Lol....sounds good.....may just do the mini! I'm holding out for a JB on my 2 for when the 5 arrives!

And Jacobs Creek, that's a very popular wine here! Well I guess it should be!!

I even have a couple of bottles myself! ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol....sounds good.....may just do the mini! I'm holding out for a JB on my 2 for when the 5 arrives! And Jacobs Creek, that's a very popular wine here! Well I guess it should be!! I even have a couple of bottles myself! ;)

I've done my bit for recycling by emptying a few bottles of JC myself!!

The Archangel

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Mike......I haven't upgraded as yet, but I can see many are not very happy with that glaring white background.

Have a look at this thread, Twerppoet has an interesting post here (no. 94 in the thread). A wallpaper may help you. If you go down to his next post (no, 97) he has included a link also.
http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/113885-ios-7-now-available-download-4.html

Also doing a reset of your iPad may just help also if you are experiencing problems....it's a good idea after any update

Hope it helps! :).

Thanks, Leelai, done the reset and everything. Still having issues. Is there a way to go back to my former IOS 6? I really can't be bothered to keep fighting what appears to be a losing battle. Sorry, but so frustrated at the moment, especially with losing my old settings and not being able to access certain apps.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to see you here again!
Airdrop is not available for iPads 1 - 3, only 4 and mini, as far as I know.
Thanks, J. A. Missed you guys but having a lot of serious issues with the new IOS. If I had known it would be this much trouble, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading especially when certain features are not available.

Most reactions

Latest posts