What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also Settings > General > Accessibility: Bold Text and Increase Contrast may help. The first is a system wide change to the fonts and will reboot the iPad. The second makes the Control Panel and Notification Center a bit less transparent so the fonts show (slightly) better on them.

DAlfredS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 7.0, iOS 7.2, and iOS 7.3 End Results?

Hi Folks,

The good news is that my iPad 2 is finally working as good as or better than it was 3 weeks ago with iOS 6. The process 0f installing iOS 7.0 through iOS 7.3 has cost me many hours and most of the extra energy that this old man has to spare over that time frame. My IPS guy doesn't want to talk to me any more or any of his other Apple customers.

I have learned the following lessons the hard way:

1) Always have your iPad backed-up to iCloud

2) Connect your iPad directly to iTunes and totally reinstall everything including the update. This resulted in normal
operation, speed and feel.

3) Even with everything else working I still couldn't send e-mail. Trial and error in "settings" for another hour or two and Finally it worked!

Thank God that I had my PC for backup!!!

DAlfredS

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My impressions for the iPad 2 are:
It runs faster, not sure whether because I totally wiped out everything and started as a new iPad
Smoother layout
Refreshing look, already got use to it

Minus points:
Battery seems to lower faster, but in stand by all night it stayed on same Lvl. My brightness is set to the lowest.. I am wondering which settings to change to keep battery longer.
Learning how to use new interface

philfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Since updating my ipad to ios7 it has become unstable. If I carry out a Reset All Settings or Erase All Content And Settings, I assume I will have to open a new account. Does that mean I will not be able to get my Apps back.
Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
Since updating my ipad to ios7 it has become unstable. If I carry out a Reset All Settings or Erase All Content And Settings, I assume I will have to open a new account. Does that mean I will not be able to get my Apps back.
Thanks

Your iPad will be reset back to factory settings. When you sign back in using your Apple ID you will be able to get back your apps purchased. However, important documents and pictures will be lost if you have not backed them up to another source (emailing it to yourself, Dropbox, etc.)

What is it that you are trying to achieve when you reset and erase all settings?

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if "reset all settings" would eliminate the random freeze-ups I've been having since the IOS7 upgrade? About 2-3 times per week the screen freezes, and I need to wait a few minutes before even the power-off button will respond.
Once I have the iPad 3rd gen up and running again, I'll normally check and notice I have too many apps open (double-click Home button). Odd how re-starting does not kill all background running apps?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if "reset all settings" would eliminate the random freeze-ups I've been having since the IOS7 upgrade? About 2-3 times per week the screen freezes, and I need to wait a few minutes before even the power-off button will respond.
Once I have the iPad 3rd gen up and running again, I'll normally check and notice I have too many apps open (double-click Home button). Odd how re-starting does not kill all background running apps?

If you have background app refresh on, restarting the device will automatically restart the processes that are under background app refresh.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Background Ap Refresh... Hmmm. I will change this now. Thanks

Timo12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Despite the 7.0.4 update, the problem with sound going off is still there. I wonder when this will be finally corrected!!??

Most reactions

Latest posts