What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, J. A. Missed you guys but having a lot of serious issues with the new IOS. If I had known it would be this much trouble, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading especially when certain features are not available.
Sorry to hear that you have problems with the new iOS!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Leelai, done the reset and everything. Still having issues. Is there a way to go back to my former IOS 6? I really can't be bothered to keep fighting what appears to be a losing battle. Sorry, but so frustrated at the moment, especially with losing my old settings and not being able to access certain apps.

I'm afraid not Mike, once upgraded, it's a done deal.

Have a look to see if there are updates available for those apps.....all apps are updated to run on the new system. Try deleting them and reinstalling if you need to.

So sorry you are experiencing all this. Must be so frustrating!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, J. A. Missed you guys but having a lot of serious issues with the new IOS. If I had known it would be this much trouble, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading especially when certain features are not available.
Here's a suggestion ( I saw it solved another member's issues):
Do you have a recent backup? If so, try to reset everything (Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings) and set it up as new/restore it from your backup.

Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm afraid not Mike, once upgraded, it's a done deal.

Have a look to see if there are updates available for those apps.....all apps are updated to run on the new system. Try deleting them and reinstalling if you need to.

So sorry you are experiencing all this. Must be so frustrating!!

Thanks Leelai. Have tried that but no joy. Guess I will have to be patient and wait for fixes and advice. Ironically the upgrade went smoothly..............then!!!

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion ( I saw it solved another member's issues):
Do you have a recent backup? If so, try to reset everything (Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings) and set it up as new/restore it from your backup.
I have thought of doing this but at the moment I have no faith in Apple. I will just bide my time and wait to see what turns up. I have never had cause to be critical of Apple before, but after having all these issues my confidence in Apple is very low. At the end of the day these upgrades are not really for the benefit of the user, I believe they are just to make the developer's life easier.
My biggest beef at the moment is that I cannot move and scale a favourite photo to use as my lock screen. It worked once then reverted back to just a blurred image. Apple store does not recognise one of my Apple ID email addresses yet when I try to re register the same address it states that it is already in use. Not having a good hair day, :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have thought of doing this but at the moment I have no faith in Apple. I will just bide my time and wait to see what turns up. I have never had cause to be critical of Apple before, but after having all these issues my confidence in Apple is very low. At the end of the day these upgrades are not really for the benefit of the user, I believe they are just to make the developer's life easier. My biggest beef at the moment is that I cannot move and scale a favourite photo to use as my lock screen. It worked once then reverted back to just a blurred image. Apple store does not recognise one of my Apple ID email addresses yet when I try to re register the same address it states that it is already in use. Not having a good hair day, :(
I don't know if it's possible to scale pictures to use them as wallpapers. I'm only able to move them. It looks like Apple only thought of using pictures/wallpapers in portrait mode. I mostly use landscape view.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have thought of doing this but at the moment I have no faith in Apple. I will just bide my time and wait to see what turns up. I have never had cause to be critical of Apple before, but after having all these issues my confidence in Apple is very low. At the end of the day these upgrades are not really for the benefit of the user, I believe they are just to make the developer's life easier. My biggest beef at the moment is that I cannot move and scale a favourite photo to use as my lock screen. It worked once then reverted back to just a blurred image. Apple store does not recognise one of my Apple ID email addresses yet when I try to re register the same address it states that it is already in use. Not having a good hair day, :(

I don't know if it's possible to scale pictures to use them as wallpapers. I'm only able to move them. It looks like Apple only thought of using pictures/wallpapers in portrait mode. I mostly use landscape view.

Mickey330 posted somewhere here that the moving and rescaling is working but it is verrrrrrrrry slow so it appears that it isn't working......I'll try to find the link as she explains everything way better than I do!

The Archangel

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 posted somewhere here that the moving and rescaling is working but it is verrrrrrrrry slow so it appears that it isn't working......I'll try to find the link as she explains everything way better than I do!

The Archangel

Yes, G, had a look at that. Strangely enough my photo appeared ok when I logged on recently but now it is back to just a very blurred image, grrrrrrr! I can feel an anger management course being on the cards ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, G, had a look at that. Strangely enough my photo appeared ok when I logged on recently but now it is back to just a very blurred image, grrrrrrr! I can feel an anger management course being on the cards ;)

I think you'll find alcohol has the same effect (for both the course and the blurring)!

I'm sure there will be some bugs with such a major revamp of iOS whilst other stuff just needs a different way of doing stuff.......stick with it, I'm learning to love iOS 7!

The Archangel

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to see you here again!
Airdrop is not available for iPads 1 - 3, only 4 and mini, as far as I know.

Interesting. I have a MacBook Pro, iPad3 and iPhone5 and Apple's own system for sharing among devices, Airdrop, will not speak between any of these devices. What is the point?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have a MacBook Pro, iPad3 and iPhone5 and Apple's own system for sharing among devices, Airdrop, will not speak between any of these devices. What is the point?
This is what I found:

AirDrop is available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account. (Apple)

Here's the link for your MacBook Pro: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4783

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts