Best note taking app for iPad

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by mach5k, Apr 19, 2010.

1. donka

donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Penultimate actually works really with a stylus and palm protection. There is no designated area for palm protection but if you rest on the screen and write with a stylus, it takes the upper most contact (usually the stylus) as the input and ignores the lower contact which would be your palm. Simple but effective.

2. jollywa

jollywa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you about Penultimate. I do use a stylus on it. I have a Targus and a Pogo Sketch. I have a couple others on order.

For notetaking, Penultimate does seem to handle my style of handwriting better than the others. And after reading your explanation, I can begin to see why that is.

I don't suppose any one app is will the "be-all/end-all". But I keep looking for one that is. :)

3. jollywa

jollywa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Not a problem. One of these days, I will take another stab at Notetaker HD and see if I can the hang of it better. On the YouTube video that I watched recently, it certainly looks like it will do a lot of things that I would use. But I can't get past the problem with my handwriting in that app.

As I said in an earlier post, I do have a couple other brands of stylus on order. Maybe one of them will work well.

4. shanshuprophecy

shanshuprophecy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have recently bought notetakerHD & as a left handed who hasnt got a stylus I can vouch for the program - although I am ordering a stylus at this very moment :))

I like the way the drawing/writing/colour modes allow me to think so therefore its not currently a feasible app for note-taking in meet ins etc .. I think typing is the way to go for me there butmit has. Ice file management & a great UI & I recommend giving it a try if you like the more creative options of drawing & writing in colour etc ..

5. astonkiller

astonkiller
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi I need a notepad that does copy and paste from safari + with pictures.any one help thanks

6. chowdown

chowdown
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Neu.notes and Note Taker HD can both do this. They are pretty much the only apps I use on my iPad besides GoodReader and an extremely useful little app called Crop Suey.

7. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It depends on whether you normally type-in your notes or if you handwrite your notes (using a stylus). If you type your notes in, Notability supports copy and paste from any app...

8. chowdown

chowdown
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've just revisited Penultimate and must say that the palm-protection is much better than I remember. So is the ink (but still not a patch on neu.Notes' ink!)

What puts me off Penultimate is lack of zoom and landscape mode.

9. Hippo

Hippo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Smart doc can capture image from safari. Not popular but good app.

10. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You can copy pictures from a web page and paste into Safari or an email.
    Just rest your finger a bit on the image until Safari offers you the option to copy or save to your photos.

In pages just paste and then use the normal image options. Add text to your picture by using the TEXT SHAPE found in MEDIA.
    Copy images from video by using screen shot and then use the powerful MASK function on insetting the image into Pages. Do the same with Google maps and especially with Google street level view.

Sent from my iPad using iPF