What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best note taking app for iPad

Rzepkanut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CameronD said:
Does anyone know if there is an app where you can use a stylus or pen cap to write on the iPad to take notes? I've looked online but I am new to this too!

Note Taker HD does it all.

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CameronD said:
Does anyone know if there is an app where you can use a stylus or pen cap to write on the iPad to take notes? I've looked online but I am new to this too!

Note Taker HD does it all.

Yep, Note Taker HD does do it all!

And a lot more! A LOT more!

I've just recently bought it and am very impressed.

Two things:
A very steep learning curve because it is so powerful.
and
I'd like to see better EverNote integration.

CameronD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does the stylus work? Does it plug into the pad? I am a sales rep and would like to be able to write orders on it.

On another note, how do you turn off the darn auto spell?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score

RDEngineer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey peeps. This is my first real post to this site, so I hope I am posting in the correct place.

I really just want a basic note taking app for meeting notes. I am an R&D Engineer and I am constantly in meetings taking notes. I need to be able to take quick notes on the fly about multiple subjects. The things I am really looking for are the following:

1- Don't need handwriting. I prefer to use my bluetooth keyboard in meetings.
2- Need to have good organization for notes. I really like the basic search function in the Note app that Apple provides with the iPad for it's search function.
3- I want to have basic formatting for my notes such as Bold, Underline, Numbering, etc...
4- PDF and email functionality

I think the perfect app would be the Notes App that comes with the iPad if only it included basic functionality such as formatting, indenting, and numbering.

Has anyone come across something like this?

For reference, I tried an app called "NoteKata" that came pretty close, but you couldn't do a search for notes. They were put into "folders," but you couldn't search for specific dates or note titles. Also, you can only select a few text sizes.

I also tried "trunk notes." It was pretty cool for it's search functionality, but I got tired taking notes in Markdown syntax because bullets and numbering has issues. It was also pretty cool that it supported basic tables, but it always was hard to format them properly.

I guess I am just torn because I really don't need anything really fancy, but the basic note taking apps just don't quite cut it. I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Brad

hellokonichiwa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! So awhile ago I downloaded a really cool note taking app for free, and it let me look at other users shared notes. And it had examples of notes you can do and one was music to buy. I am fairly certain it was on my ipad but it could have been on the phone. The problem is it somehow got deleted and I cannot remember the name. I have looked through sooo many apps on the store. Does any one have any clue what this app is?????

flashcucumber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note taking with pictures

Hi

We take lots of notes when checking tenants out of flats and One Note seems to work pretty well and syncs well with the PC but often with a lot of pictures the APP slows down a lot.

Did anyone find the best solution?

Ngoring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CameronD said:

Write pad is good and fairly simple and transcribes script to text

sdc3z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ngoring said:
Write pad is good and fairly simple and transcribes script to text

hey I strongly suggest you try the app "penultimate". It is a $.99 app, it is designed for iPad of course and not only is it the most useable of its kind it is not over complicated for a task that should be quick and easy right when you need it! It is designed for both touch writing but is really designed for a soft tip stylus and it works better than you will expect for a $.99 app! The feature that helps avoid making stray marks with you palm when using a stylus is also able to be switched on or off. Well if it's what you need I really am telling you to check it out I believe it's a 4.5 star app with a good number of reviews!
Good luck!

sdc3z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kgiff said:
Like many here, I am new to using an iPad for annotations. My biggest concern is how permanent the notes are once you write them down. Is here any annotating app that allows you to move annotations on a page? For instance, if what if I want to move a handwritten paragraph up 2" so I have space at the bottom? On a computer you can draw a rectangle around drawn shapes and move them; is the iPad capable of doing this?

Thanks!

iPad has a number of apps that can do handwritten/typed text, erase, move, shrink/stretch.... And will do what you want with moving handwritten portions of a document and theres quite a bit more advanced features ipad apps do as of recently

Rzepkanut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kgiff said:
Like many here, I am new to using an iPad for annotations. My biggest concern is how permanent the notes are once you write them down. Is here any annotating app that allows you to move annotations on a page? For instance, if what if I want to move a handwritten paragraph up 2" so I have space at the bottom? On a computer you can draw a rectangle around drawn shapes and move them; is the iPad capable of doing this?

Thanks!

Note Taker HD is the app you are looking for. It does all that and more!

Yue923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try 7notes app. It is bit pricey but worth. You can do text conversion and manipulate your writting as you please.

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaiff, are you looking for an app for note taking or an app for annotating documents, such as PDF docs? SOme folks have suggested great note taking apps. But for true annotation, I like iAnnotate PDF. You can highlight, doodle, insert comments, overwrite text. It does the trick for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts