What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All About Music And Recording

Guill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Musicsome (prof apps) Apps on my Ipad2

Poser wrote: Well since no one mentioned it, Djay is the best app available.

And here is my comment
Djay was one of the first apps i bought for the ipad2 Im talking about Below only My MUSIC APPS installed on m y Ipad2:

Garageband, Amplitube/Fender, Music Studio,KOrg iMS20, 50 in 1 piano, Bass Guitar, Korg Electribe, Classical Guitar, Beatpad,MidiMEMO from line6, Pianoman, Guitar HD, Electric Guitar,Melotron M3000HD, Gitarre&Bass, Isequence, ymaha AV CONTROL, YAMAHA FADERS, YAMAHA, FADERS & PAD, Xenon, Studio HD, Rebirth, FL Studio, Drummeister, Nano Studio & Keyboard, Studiodrummer, AC-7 Core, Groovemaker5, iRig Recorder, Yamaha Performence, Seline HD, DM1, Power Chords, Realdrums HD, Music Creator and about 15 other tutorials music apps

I know I cannot use them at once but in a certain project you can snoop of each app has its profits
So if we want to make music give me a sign or suggestion:)

Last edited:

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A question for Guill from Holland

...I have bought almost all of the available music software in the Apss store (every day iam online in the store to see whats new, and find some interesting apps with pianosounds, guitarsounds and others....

Guill from Holland.

Ok Guill, I'll take your word, thank you. Since I purchased also a lot of music apps including but not all iMS-20, djay, Rebirth, nodeBeat, SamplerSequencer HD (not great but...), Fourier Synths, Sunrizer, Gliss and almost all of the freebies including ethnical instrumnets, drumsets and the wonderful soundtoys made by Nicholas Collins including PhotoNoise gladly paid.

As you can assume I am more into experimental and nondance but still mix a little music for my friends, also using hardware cdplayers and Korg kaossboxes being a long time Korg costumer (let's say some 30 years :eek: ).
My question: In my wishlist are some apps that are sort of a luxury right now on a iPad (cheap luxury) but still don't want to overload or stress myself with more manuals an apps I seldom use. Could you tell me about Mellotronics M3000 for iPad, since it is on your list or maybe Mixtikl full one, Curtis or some granular synth?
I am more than inclined to Mellotronics but Dog knows I spent 2much mon€y already and still I could use a good office app and some more pro Audio Tools... phew! :(

Thanks in advance.
All the best from sunny Barcelona.

MacMusiBang Pro

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to get chords on GB

I am trying to put in a song to GarageBand with the chords G C D G# Am Bm A#. Since I cannot find these chords on one single screen how do I enter them to a song? Impossible?

tclark2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm no professional like some of you seem, so please forgive the basic nature of the question: I've got GarageBand on my iPad 2. How do I listen to one recorded track while laying down a guitar track? Both the ear phones and jack for the Fender go in the same hole. Or did I miss something?

Thank you.

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think the little 1/8 inch jack can act as input/output simultaneously. If I were faced with that situation with what I currently have on hand in gear would be to put my condenser mike at the little speaker on the ipad, plug in the guitar and listen to the mix over the PA.

tclark2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, MacVaio!

You sent me in the right direction. I went to the local guitar big box retailer and they sold me a "Jam" by Apogee for $99.

It's easy to use. USB cord from the Jam plugs into the bottom of the iPad. Guitar plugs into the Jam. Ear buds where they usually go for the monitor.

I also have a microphone cord that'll plug into the Jam. Now all I need is a drummer, a base player, and some talent and I'll be a big star.

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
U got all the band u need in GarageBand. I've been sequencing for decades. The iPad and GarageBand does it so easy, so well. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the chords I want out of one screen. Anybody?

So are you talking about a port I don't know about! iPad has no USB. U say there is a port on the bottom? Guess I'll take this thing out of it's case and look.

I don't know how to send one of my sequences to this forum but I tell u the three I've put together in the past couple weeks sound better over a pa than anything I've ever done with Roland and Korg very expensive equipment ..old equipment. I do not need to buy another $2500 sequencer...my $5 gaarage band does it for my show.

tclark2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called it USB and maybe that's not the right name for it.
I meant the same plug used to charge the iPad.

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called it USB and maybe that's not the right name for it.

Actually is the only charging and communcation port, the same used for charging or for the camera kit, Alesis iO dock, etc.

Seems that you made a good buy tclark!

Not using yet Garageband, I am more of a soloist or free composition player. Still is way sooo cheap you can't go wrong. Sometimes the "pro" stuff isn't so user friendly.

MactraxPad

Guill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I do have Mellotronics m 3000 , it has the good old organsounds but i did not try to use it so often that i cannot tell you jet of the details. how things are working etc. Its that now it has big organsounds If it will come so far I will will give you more details. the app I bought according to me at the Apple Store music via I Tunes

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ejbpesca said:
I don't think the little 1/8 inch jack can act as input/output simultaneously. If I were faced with that situation with what I currently have on hand in gear would be to put my condenser mike at the little speaker on the ipad, plug in the guitar and listen to the mix over the PA.

It can, it's the same as the iphone socket which allows a mic and earphone/headphone simultaneously. Just check out all the discussion on the iRig, or Griffin's GuitarConnect cable.
Mic'ing up the iPad speaker is going to give a horrible sound, definitely not advised!

There's also options that use the iPad connector, just read through this thread.

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear ya. I learn something new all the time here. Yep, my suggestion was a quick, get it done now if you have the condenser mike and yes all kinds of feed back etc. could happen but..you would be surprised at the quality of these mikes these days. Anyhoo...so I will read but are you saying the 1/8" jack on the ipad accepts some sort of plug say with four sections instead of three that will simultaneously accept input and give output? Extremely cool. So, you can use with a head set mike/earphone and get I guess what you call a duplex signal going...or maybe use an xlr mike, and separate headphones, plug them into an irig device, plug that into the ipad and presto..you are singing into the machine while listening to the music? irig...ipad..what a device. This changes everything. I can forget my digital recorder..just do it all with the ipad. too cool

stingray1059

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone of you used the ipad for live gig use? what app did you use?

i wish there could be a korg legacy collection or similar app for the ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts