What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from outbackyak

outbackyak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm outbackyak, but you can call me Alec.

I'm new to both the forum and the iPad and I like both!

I got the iPad for one reason and one reason only - music creation. Now that I've got it I can see that I'll be using it for lots more than that, but that's its primary function for me.

I'm a professional musician, and I've wanted an easily portable music creation solution for a long time, but lap-tops were the only alternative and they didn't do it for me.

With the iPad I've got a (relatively) inexpensive alternative that allows me to do things like location audio recording, sequencing (both audio and MIDI), run stand-alone synthesisers, and it can also control my main PC audio/MIDI software (Propellerhead Reason & Record) in ways that are infinitely preferable to a mouse. And all very cheaply - the app I'm going to be using to control Reason & Record, the S1MIDI Trigger, costs A$3.99, and emulates hardware that costs literally thousands of dollars.

I've not set it up yet since I need to get a WiFi router, but it looks very powerful, and if it doesn't do everything I need there are alternative apps that cost little more, like TouchOSC.

So hi everybody - I'll be around and asking questions!

Most reactions

Latest posts