What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All About Music And Recording

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irig Clip On

Not sure how public this is yet but there's a new standalone touchscreen multitrack recorder/ digital effects unit in development - search for Dark Matter Audio.

Not ipad related but very impressive kit, due to launch later this year.

Irig have a clip on device available already, can't vouch for it though. :)

richminaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sound Playback

Newbie Here. Is there an app that will allow you to search (as you type, narrowing the field) mp3 clips so that they can be quickly recalled and played. I'm in broadcasting and for a radio show it would be quite convenient to find a faster way to pull up audio files. Thanks!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich ~ post your question in a separate thread ~ this thread is kinda old and the OP is no longer with us.

You will get better assistance!

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What interface needed for garage band?

How do I interface a sure mike or a guitar into the iPad to record on garage band?

And while asking how do I interface ipad to a tv?

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried recording for first time. I bought the iRig for $39 at Apple store. you can connect that to IPad2 earphone jack as input. You can also connect earphones to the iRig at the same time. Worked great. I wish my playing worked that good.

cantimport

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have invested a lot of time trying to get a 44.1kHz, 16 bit AIFF file from my PC to GB on iPad 2. I finally opened a support case which is still chugging a long. The last thing I heard from Apple is that this feature doesn't exist. I had the tech support I was working with go to the App Store and read the features to me. He agreed that this specific feature is listed for the current version of GarageBand.

I told them they need to change the description on the App Store before anybody else buys GB under false pretenses.

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I finally got my iRig for Amplitube only problem is "No Output" on my iPad.
I got the input level responding while choosing earphones or external speaker but still no response on the output meter. The tuner is also responding ok. In order to actually get any response with Amplitube at the beginning I had to reset the entire iPad by shutting it down and restarting. The earphones work ok by choosing a tune from my library while connected to iRig. Here's the kicker... It works fine on my iTouch with the demo version. This might indicate that there is an issue with my IPad or something on the iPad is not activated. Also i'm not sure if I have to pay for it all over again for the iTouch as I am using the same ID and password.
Too bad cause I was planning to demo it at a house party tonight. Guess I'll have to take my Traynor AM100 amp instead.
Any suggestions?

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Williebye said:
Well I finally got my iRig for Amplitube only problem is "No Output" on my iPad.
I got the input level responding while choosing earphones or external speaker but still no response on the output meter. The tuner is also responding ok. In order to actually get any response with Amplitube at the beginning I had to reset the entire iPad by shutting it down and restarting. The earphones work ok by choosing a tune from my library while connected to iRig. Here's the kicker... It works fine on my iTouch with the demo version. This might indicate that there is an issue with my IPad or something on the iPad is not activated. Also i'm not sure if I have to pay for it all over again for the iTouch as I am using the same ID and password.
Too bad cause I was planning to demo it at a house party tonight. Guess I'll have to take my Traynor AM100 amp instead.
Any suggestions?

I was able to contact support at IK Multimedia who was able to solve this problem. It was the (Solo) button on the recorder. Anyway here is what he said.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with AmpliTube. Let's check some settings
to see if we can solve the issue for you:

- Go to your iPad's Settings, click on Accessibility. You will see an option
for MONO AUDIO. Make sure Mono Audio is set to OFF.

- In AmpliTube, click on the SETUP page. If the iRig is connected properly,
the input will be automatically listed as: "Input: Headset Jack".

You should also see the Input meter showing activity when you play your
guitar.

Do you see input level activity? Is the input listed as "Input: Headset
Jack"?

- Go to the REC page. Make sure to always have a track record enabled - you
will see a small button beneath the VU meter for each available track. Click
on the button and make sure the red light is blinking to hear your guitar.

- Check to see if you have the "M" (mute) button clicked on any of the
available tracks. This will mute the track and not allow you to hear any
sound.

Check also to see that the "S" (solo) button is clicked on any of the tracks.
This will "solo" the track, and not allow any of the other tracks to output
sound.

Unclick any "M" or "S" buttons to see if it helps.

- If you hear your guitar, but can't hear your FX, make sure the Insert FX in
the REC page is enabled. In the REC page, click on "INS FX" from the right
side of the screen. You will see a switch with a red light on top for each
available track. Make sure the switch is pushed up and the red light is on
for the same track that you have record-enabled.

I hope this helps. If you need additional help, simply reply to this email to
open your ticket back up.

Best regards,

Miguel Paucar
Technical Support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Quite sad to see this thread die out..SOOOOOOO lets bring it back :)

Anyone have any links or videos of the work they have done on their ipads?

Guill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad2 and music recording

I agree with all of you regarding Ipad2 and Music recording. Lets start exchange experiences and tell what you all have to make that music, what kind of apps beside Garageband, what are your connections to and from your Ipad2, what kind of midicontroller is working etc, home studio etc. Maybe we can send /exchange also pictures or videos to each other.

I play a little guitar and a little keyboard ad I've bought the Ipad2 just for making music on the garageband .So every idea , suggestions are welcome on this forum /topic I think. I have the most of the recording software like Cubase 4 Studio, Reason, FLstudio, Wavelab, Ableton etc ans I have bought almost all of the available music software in the Apss store (every day iam online in the store to see whats new, and find some interesting apps with pianosounds, guitarsounds and others.
Ok guys and girls ofcourse lets start making music.

I have an idea : let a few of us starting making an existing easy song at the same time :Dand then we can compare where the difficulties are and the problemes so we can exchange ideas and help each other and so on. I have a good feeling about this topic, somebody any further ideas or suggestions . We are using exactly the same software. Hardware is another matter ofcourse .Oke I shall hear from;) you all asap.
Guill from Holland.

Last edited:

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heads up on a very cool new product from Digitech - a proper hardware pedalboard for guitarists which houses the ipad for it's effects processing. I'll link back when it launches.

Djunknown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well just found this post I actually dj and like to make beats with GarageBand and fl studio and I played a bit of piano, on my iPad I have GarageBand and fl studio and it's pretty damn good you guys should try it:D

Djunknown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with all of you regarding Ipad2 and Music recording. Lets start exchange experiences and tell what you all have to make that music, what kind of apps beside Garageband, what are your connections to and from your Ipad2, what kind of midicontroller is working etc, home studio etc. Maybe we can send /exchange also pictures or videos to each other.

I play a little guitar and a little keyboard ad I've bought the Ipad2 just for making music on the garageband .So every idea , suggestions are welcome on this forum /topic I think. I have the most of the recording software like Cubase 4 Studio, Reason, FLstudio, Wavelab, Ableton etc ans I have bought almost all of the available music software in the Apss store (every day iam online in the store to see whats new, and find some interesting apps with pianosounds, guitarsounds and others.
Ok guys and girls ofcourse lets start making music.

I have an idea : let a few of us starting making an existing easy song at the same time :Dand then we can compare where the difficulties are and the problemes so we can exchange ideas and help each other and so on. I have a good feeling about this topic, somebody any further ideas or suggestions . We are using exactly the same software. Hardware is another matter ofcourse .Oke I shall hear from;) you all asap.
Guill from Holland.

Yea guill I like that concept of yours and I don't have a Mac unfortunately and I have to find alternatives To programs on Mac but soon I'll get a Mac for my music desires

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well since no one mentioned it, Djay is the best app available.

Most reactions

Latest posts