1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

IPAD and Keyboard midi for live gigs

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by Everlost, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Everlost

Everlost iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    i 'm a musician and i have an home recording project that i would like to bring it in a live contest.
    at home i work with my pc, an m-audio usb external sound card,my keyboard midi and i use Cubase 5 with vst.
    Recently i 've buy a new ipad and i would like to use it for replace the Pc.
    so now i have :

- an Ipad 3 without jailbreak.
    - a midi/usb keyboard (1 midi out).
    - an external usb sound card.

Now, what i need and how can i use them?
    i see many videos where guys use Camera Connection Kit to connect Keyboard with Ipad.Ok,so i't s the best things?and what CCK works?
    5 to 1?Apple version or cheap wersion?
    i see also the IRIG MIDI for connect keyboard via MIDI.
    what is the better? CCK or IRIG MIDI ? MIDI or USB ? Sound card or not?and what i should use for output in a live contest?
    thanks in advance,and sorry for too many questions but i think that these informations are really useful for a new future in live music for Ipad.