What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeppelin Tweak - V1.1 WARNING [FIXED]

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
-----

Note: Version 1.1-1 of Zeppelin, released on 28/01/13, resolves the bug reported by this thread.

-----

iPad Jailbreakers who use the Zeppelin tweak for custom carrier logos please beware!

The latest update, V1.1 is seriously broken on the iPad and will cause some extremely strange behaviour. If you have V1 installed, do not update to 1.1 via Cydia.
Several members, including myself have already fallen foul of it e.g here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/94209-some-update-cydia-totally-destroyed-layout.html, and here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/79474-can-i-backup-jailbroken-ipad-itunes.html#post728238

If you have updated to 1.1, then use Safe Mode to remove it if you experience issues with the iPad behaving like an iPhone - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

I have been in touch with the developer via twitter, and whilst he acknowledges the issue, he has provided no ETA for a fix.

Symptoms manifest themselves when you reboot the iPad. These include small icons, missing dock, and a tiny iPhone keyboard, as can be seen in the screenshots below. The issues can be temporarily resolved by respringing the device, but it will happen again on a reboot.

3y3emagy.jpg

yzuqe3a4.jpg

For the time being, the tweak will not be featured on our http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html thread. Stay tuned to the forum. We'll be sure to post an update if we hear any news.

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE - I heard back from the developer, Alex Zielenski, earlier and he has isolated the issue and is working on a fix. No ETA yet, but great news none the less.

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
THANK YOU... Mine does it all the time.. And it started after i updated. I ended up getting used to starting it 3 minutes before wanting to use it and respringing... Problem is... I removed it.. Yet my iPad still does it. And I don't use pirated software.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pazuzu said:
THANK YOU... Mine does it all the time.. And it started after i updated. I ended up getting used to starting it 3 minutes before wanting to use it and respringing... Problem is... I removed it.. Yet my iPad still does it. And I don't use pirated software.

You will have to wait for the developer to correct the problem before it will work properly on an iPad.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Zeppelin Tweak - V1.1 WARNING

After a very long wait, Zeppelin has finally been updated to version 1.1-1 in Cydia today, restoring compatibility with the iPad. Tested and confirmed ;)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot about this post. I tried Zeppelin about a month ago. It caused strange behavior after turning off/on my iPad. didn't like that, so removed it. Was kinda bummed because I was having fun making my own own little icons and such (the day I installed it). This post never entered my mind (as a caution or a reminder).

Reading this, now all I can think is: D'oh, what a maroon!

Here's hoping I remember things better in the future and that this isn't the start of memory loss! :)

Thanks for the update. Now, I think I'll start playing with Zeppelin again...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts