What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What could be eating my battery?

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a feeling that my iPad's battery's gone worse ever since I upgraded to 6.1. I understand one of the latest two upgrades fixes an issue with the battery, but only related to the Exchange server connection (which I do not use), so I haven't updated yet (also because I'd have to go through the whole backup & jailbreak procedure again).

For instance, the battery was at 39 % when I put the iPad to standby around 12 hours ago (and before that, I even closed all the apps in the bottom bar as well as put the device in airplane mode). When I turned it on this morning, the battery was at 34 % (and I don't even know how it got to the "30s" as it was in the "late 40s" a day or so before, when I didn't use it much at all). Yes, I have a few Cydia tweaks around (such as Zeppelin, extended info in the status bar, and the SBSettings menu on status bar double-tap etc.), and Siri is enabled (although I haven't used it much yet).

Any speculation on what could be the cause? Is there any other known issue pertaining to the battery life, still waiting to be fixed? I hope it's not simply the aging battery, which would be really bad as the unit was purchased at the end of July 2012.

Not sure if it's related or not, but I sometimes get the feeling that the on-screen keyboard isn't as responsive as it used to be, and the keyboard click sounds can be barely heard on some occasions.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is one setting I felt that was eating my battery. Settings>general>date time>set automatically. Turning this off improved my battery time (I think). Regarding the keyboard response - I too felt it lagging a bit when I first upgraded to 6.1 but after a few days the lag has disappeared.

Most reactions

Latest posts