What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be interested in an iPad Mini (7" iPad)

Would you purchase an iPad Mini?

• Yes

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Maybe, depends on X (enter in comments)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Maybe, depends on Price

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 63.0%
  • Other (enter in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get an I-Pod Touch and you can do the same things only in a much tinier environment. Typing is more of a challenge

You seem to have misread or otherwise misunderstood. Skimonkey says she has an iPod touch -- in the post that you quoted -- and you're suggesting that she get an iPod touch. Lol.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to have one. I think for all the people who say that there is no market for it, galaxy tab 7 is a really nice device, i know a few people who wouldn't trade it for anything else. I must admit some times its size is just right, screen big enough, and easy to type.
On another note, since apple dominates the market so much, why wouldn't they give the customer the ability to choose a screen size they like ? Works in laptops ;-)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to have one. I think for all the people who say that there is no market for it, galaxy tab 7 is a really nice device, i know a few people who wouldn't trade it for anything else. I must admit some times its size is just right, screen big enough, and easy to type.
On another note, since apple dominates the market so much, why wouldn't they give the customer the ability to choose a screen size they like ? Works in laptops ;-)

Apple has to decide what's best for its business purposes. Offering a new size would require additional resources and Apple might decide that that's not worth the possible return on investment.

Of course, as someone who would buy a 7-inch tablet, my concern is not Apple's business reasoning, lol.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Apple has to decide what's best for its business purposes. Offering a new size would require additional resources and Apple might decide that that's not worth the possible return on investment.

Of course, as someone who would buy a 7-inch tablet, my concern is not Apple's business reasoning, lol.

I think we will end up seeing more apple iPads. I would say tablet industry is still very very young. And lots more fun stuff to come

Cool thing we would be there to see it :)
I hope

alain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its more difficult to use smaller ipad than the 9.7" version..so its no use to have a smaller version of the original size version of the ipad..

joann.jimi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think for all the people who say that there is no market for it, galaxy tab 7 is a really nice device, i know a few people who wouldn't trade it for anything else. I must admit some times its size is just right, screen big enough, and easy to type.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes-I would, only for portability sake. I have two 7" non iOS (obviously) tablets and I like the size to be able to grab and run, or when my arms are tired. But the full size screen is nice, so I'd be hard pressed, and knowing me, end up with both!

Pathak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that would be highly compromising the comfort of ipad.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
potatoes said:
well if your giving me one il have it :D

Me too. One pad for home and one on the go!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

potatoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Me too. One pad for home and one on the go!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

i only have a ipod touch but i love it! might invest in a ipad in the future!! :p

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think for all the people who say that there is no market for it, galaxy tab 7 is a really nice device, i know a few people who wouldn't trade it for anything else. I must admit some times its size is just right, screen big enough, and easy to type.

The OP question is about whether people on the forum, who typically already own iPads, would be interested in a 7" iPad. They might not be. But there might be plenty of people who'd buy a 7" iPad who aren't on the forum at all.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shockingly, I see only 4 saying yes...including myself, to purchase a 7 inch iPad. I'd think that the percentages would have been closer in margin than what is showing. I am a sucker for all new gadgets--especially Apple, since I'd know that I would use it daily and would not go to waste.

I think that the portability of a 7 inch would be perfect for me-particularly for traveling or for work.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
7 inch ipad? No thank. Imo, the ipad size is perfect. While it would be a bit more convenient at some times to have the smaller factor, tbh thats what my iPhone is for.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts