What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be interested in a 7-inch Apple iPad?

If you didn't own an iPad and were buying new, which version would you buy?

• Total voters

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy one - if it incorporated a phone. The size would be OK to fit in a coat pocket (OK, and a handbag lol) and you wouldn't have to carry both a phone + iPad around.

OK, you might look like a dork carrying a big phone around, but it would be handy enough to fit both purposes and be properly readable.

The only question is what Apple would call it. iMegaphone? iPadlet? They'll probably just be boring and call it the iPadMini.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy one - if it incorporated a phone. The size would be OK to fit in a coat pocket (OK, and a handbag lol) and you wouldn't have to carry both a phone + iPad around.

OK, you might look like a dork carrying a big phone around, but it would be handy enough to fit both purposes and be properly readable.

The only question is what Apple would call it. iMegaphone? iPadlet? They'll probably just be boring and call it the iPadMini.

Install Skype....there is your phone.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got really interested in a tablet when I saw the Cruz that was up for pre-sale. Then, i saw the Galaxy tablet.

I decided I was going to replace my couch-surfing (mainly) net book with one of those tablets - once I did more research. But, I was definitely going to buy a tablet, it was just a matter of time.

Then my brain said, "wait, why are you replacing a 10" screen with a 7" screen for your web surfing"? I told my brain I had a good point and bought the iPad.

I figure that'd be the same even if a 7" iPad was in the mix. I already have an e-reader for books. The bigger screen of the iPad suits me perfectly.

YMMV.

Marilyn

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
I'm much more interested in a full size iPad with at least a front camera for video conferencing. That and a faster processor as long as it doesn't kill battery life. Otherwise, the WiFi+3G unit I have fits the bill perfectly.

My wife is hoping there is an update in January so she can inherit my iPad... :)

Piko

thewebabout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imitations

Check this site: www . tabletpc2 . com

Imitations begin to emerge... So, I'd rather ask: Would you need a 7 inch tablet which is iPad like?

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ten years ago I would have strongly preferred a 7" version. My vision is not as good now, so I now prefer the current size.

MikeM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eazel-stand.com
I think, generally speaking, I'd prefer the 9.7 inch version. But there are times when it would be nice to have a 7 inch version. If they make one, I'll probably end up owning both.

Giancarlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For being more portable? Nope, there's the iphone for that ;)

One of the main ipad's attractive and great characteristic is the big screen:D

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has joined the book selling business. If they want to sell more they need a device in about the same size as other ebook readers.

Kross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
personally I think the iPad is perfect sized the way it is now. Just my two cents.

- Kross

rvcunh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
7" vs. 9.7" iPad

I would stay with the 9.7" rather than buying the 7". The usability of the 9.7" far outweighs the slight increase in portability gained with the 7". Question: will Apple be making both sizes in the future or go exclusively to the 7" (which I think would be a mistake)?

DewWorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am all about having choices or options, so I want both the 9 & 7 inch IPads or I will go for one of the other 7 inch tablets that will hit the market for the holidays this year.

I know this next comment is off topic, but I really am enjoying my iPad, even though I find that the battery life isn't all that hot when using 3G apps heavy on data usage - no better than my non-Apple smart phones.

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that Samsung Galaxy Tab Android tablet with 7" display and didn't like at all. It was too big to be a phone and too small to be a tablet.
Personally I think that current iPad is quite optimum size.

Most reactions

Latest posts