What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be interested in an iPad Mini (7" iPad)

Would you purchase an iPad Mini?

• Yes

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Maybe, depends on X (enter in comments)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Maybe, depends on Price

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 63.0%
  • Other (enter in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They practically have already it's called an IPod lol :)

If you can't imagine a size in between, no worries, because the rumor mill has imagined it for people like you. They've even cooked up images in some cases.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you can't imagine a size in between, no worries, because the rumor mill has imagined it for people like you. They've even cooked up images in some cases.

Can you post without personally attacking someone who doesn't share your opinion?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Can you post without personally attacking someone who doesn't share your opinion?

...but where is the fun in that?

I like a little good natured ribbing in my posts, but I think you do have to tailor it to likeminded people. If you look at poster history I don't think this comment was offensive. If you squint at your comment the wrong way you can also see it as being offensive if you choose to. Let's try to not be so touchy on public forums. Just my opinion.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a big difference between the iPod Touch and a 7.85 inch screen. If it was priced not too far above the iPod Touch, I could see thinking about one, but I doubt if I would buy one. To entice people to buy one, I think it would need to have a distinguishing feature that sets it aside from the iPad in function. The Galaxie Tab comes in four sizes, 7.0, 7.7, 8,9, and 10.1 to my knowledge, yet there is little to differentiate which is best for the customers. What if they only offered wifi? Or they only offered 32 Gb SSD, but added an SD slot. Or they offered something totally unheard about that may be so fantastic that it eventually makes it to the regular iPad? Our problem is that we only see what is in the realm of our knowledge. Depends on each ability to think out of the box, but many people take a long time to adapt to different ideas. Others see X, and think why not Y. Apple is in the business of seeing the future. They pay millions for people to invent the future, and more millions to make prototypes and test them. The iPad took decades to make a reality. We have no idea how many products are being finalized for inclusion into tomorrow's devices.

Last edited:

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
...but where is the fun in that?

I like a little good natured ribbing in my posts, but I think you do have to tailor it to likeminded people. If you look at poster history I don't think this comment was offensive. If you squint at your comment the wrong way you can also see it as being offensive if you choose to. Let's try to not be so touchy on public forums. Just my opinion.

No worries everyone I like a little ribbing myself, perhaps if you feel your "opinion" to not be so touchy on public forums is so important you would have just let the comment go in the first place but that's not like 'you people' eh? :)

Let's not ruin the thread cause you spat your dummy out now enough said on the matter.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I would not need one as I already have my iPad and iPhone but I think it would introduce more people into the IOS world with a cheaper price.

Lia215

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY NOT.... I did have a 7" tablet before and I returned it because it felt like holding a large phone and not a tablet. The iPad is the perfect size. But I guess there definitely is a market for 7" tablets, so Apple should go for it!

Sent from my 32GB 3rd Generation White Verizon iPad using iPF

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I would be interested. I had a Fire and a Samsung Galaxy Tab, both 7" tablets. I liked the size, but not the OS. So I went with an iPad. However, sometimes I find the size of it to be cumbersome. If/when the mini iPad comes out, I'll definitely be saving my pennies for it. And, I do have an iPhone...its too small for extended use, IMO.

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would buy one. Not to use in lieu of my iPad2 but in addition to. It would be a nice size for reading. I sometimes read on the iPod touch because it is convenient to carry with me but a 7" would be a a great addition

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think at first it would be something I would want, but honestly I would probably end up with one. I can't seem to contain myself when it comes to electronics!!

Most reactions