What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Quartet, a tale about some residents of a UK retirement home for professional musicians. Sounds boring, eh?

Take a look at the cast: Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Billy Connolly, Tom Courtenay, Pauline Collins. If you're guessing it couldn't possibly disappoint, you'd be correct. Very funny, lots of witty wisecracks, even a touching love story. And throughout, great music of all sorts, from rap to opera. Aside from the stars, most of the cast are actual musicians, so there's no clumsiness about pretending to play the piano or violin.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched MASH last night.
image.jpg
An interesting bit of movie trivia here is that in the onscreen title(MASH) there are no asterisks between the letters. They only appeared in posters and other advertising. The TV show based on the movie did, in fact, use asterisks(M*A*S*H).

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maleficent. Great film with a Sleeping Beauty variation. I'm not a big fan of Angelina Jolie but she was great in this.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Hunger Games.
I've seen it in German before, now I've been watching it in English.

The next one will be The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
James Garner died yesterday, at age 86.
I've enjoyed many of his movies and TV shows over the years. He was especially good in comedy roles such as Support Your Local Sheriff. It's sad to hear that he's gone. Thanks for posting, Johanna.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.
They don't play his earlier movies here. I know him from The Rockford Files series and his later movies, such as Maverick (not the series) and Space Cowboys. He definitely was good at comedy roles.

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DVD version of Son of God. The last time I actually went to see a movie was 1984. I will rent, borrow or purchase. Guess you can call me cheap. I can pop my own popcorn, eat my own homemade snacks and actually pause the movie when nature calls.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My most recent film is The King's Speech.

Good acting and directing, and a fascinating storyline of how King George VI was able to overcome his stammering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The last two movies I saw were:
Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek - Into Darkness

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beastly with Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens, Neil Patrick Harris and one of the Olsen twins.

It's a modern version of Beauty and the Beast, not really overwhelming, but nice if you need something to just watch and relax.

Most reactions

Latest posts